Biggest WTF play that you remember?

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:

Signing Cutler to a 100 million+ dollar deal.

Last edited:

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure that was Marc Trestman and Mel Tucker. And it's the moment that stands out for me.

Also one of those moments where against any other team the ball is called dead
yea, i just looked it up. You're correct. I also noticed this play happened in the 2nd qtr. I thought it was very late in the game. Still, wtf.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Barber Running OB and Fox throwing the red flag when we would have had 1st and goal on the 2, resulted in a Cunningham fumble through the end zone and a turnover. The game where Lovie through a red flag when he had no business to, lost and then kept a 2nd one in his pocket when it would have obliviously helped because he wanted to keep a challenge available.

I remember screaming at the TV that it could be ruled a touchback the moment I saw Fox throw the red flag! This is a good angle in the link below. Cunningham appears to lose control of the ball before going out of bounds. Either way, terrible challenge.

Last edited:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I hated love for that. But what made me sick is the defense sat and we gave up a bunch of points. We had some records for defense that were lost because of the points given up. I think one was least amount of points given up in a season. Like a all time record. Fk lovie

You guys are both wrong on this. The game you're talking about was the last game of the year in 05 against the Vikings. We sat starters most of the game and allowed Minny to score 34 points.

And the last game of the season against GB in 2010 we didn't sit any starters. They didn't want GB in the playoffs. The final score was 10-3.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
When Marion Barber ran out of bounds instead of just falling down inbounds to kill the clock and in turn let the Packers into the playoffs in 2010.

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You guys are both wrong on this. The game you're talking about was the last game of the year in 05 against the Vikings. We sat starters most of the game and allowed Minny to score 34 points.

And the last game of the season against GB in 2010 we didn't sit any starters. They didn't want GB in the playoffs. The final score was 10-3.
Yes...10-3 GB...again....damn.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

You right. It's all coming back too me now. yuck.

smilebit

Liked Posts:

Oh, I swore they did but it wasn't because our offense played like shit that it seemed that way I guess.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Oh, I swore they did but it wasn't because our offense played like shit that it seemed that way I guess.

Our offense was awful that game. It was 3-3 at halftime.

Liked Posts:
The Rodgers fumble that was picked up and taken in for a TD by the Packers after the Bears just stood there looking at the ball. I was screaming at the TV saying "Someone fall on it"...I couldn't believe the stupidity.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Not the biggest and not really a play, but after the play. When Lamarr Houston tore his ACL celebrating a sack when we were down 25 points with under 4 min left in the 4th quarter. He was then out for the rest of the season. Just such a Bears thing to do. Like WTF are you serious dude lol.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
My memory of Bears football.goes back to the Superbowl (I was 4 at the time. I dont remember much of the game, but i do remember parts of it.)

As far as being a SERIOUS fan, i really started watching and taking note of things from like '94 on. So, with that being said, what has been the biggest WTF moment you can think of as a Bears fan. Both IN-GAME, and Offseason move) At the time. Not in retrospect...

In-game for me was a close one between Marcus Cooper's dumbass FG Block return that he fumbled away on the 1 yd line against the Steelers in 2017, or Marion Barber going out of bounds against the Broncos in 2011. If he doesn't go out of bounds, Bears win. We missed the playoffs that year by one game. Marion Barber III holds the dumbest play in my mind.

Dumbest , at the time, move for me? Shea McClellin over Chandler Jones. Phil Emery sucks.

What about you?

Honestly all last year...