Biggs: No Kafka, Targeting Bill Lazor

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy brought in to fix offense....

Lazor & Castillo to replace Helfrich & Hiestand,

Lazor & Castillo bring in a couple of decades of NFL experience each where Helfrich & Hiestand's entire NFL resume was being fired by the Chicago Bears once before. And for good measure Nagy also brought in a TE coach that has sent four players to the Pro Bowl .

I really don't know what everyone is cunting about...I thought he did a solid job bringing a ton of experience to obvious weaknesses in his offense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lazor & Castillo to replace Helfrich & Hiestand,

Lazor & Castillo bring in a couple of decades of NFL experience each where Helfrich & Hiestand's entire NFL resume was being fired by the Chicago Bears once before. And for good measure Nagy also brought in a TE coach that has sent four players to the Pro Bowl .

I really don't know what everyone is cunting about...I thought he did a solid job bringing a ton of experience to obvious weaknesses in his offense.

I don't really have a problem with who they brought in. I am just not sure it will make a world of difference.

At the end of the day Nagy was calling plays last year that did not always make sense for the situation the Bears were in. Both in general and specific game situations.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Collins, Tannehill and Foles all did noticably better once Lazor came to coach them. Foles lead the league in QBR. Dalton stayed about the same.

Seems like the reason they got his is to get more out of Mitch.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Collins, Tannehill and Foles all did noticably better once Lazor came to coach them. Foles lead the league in QBR. Dalton stayed about the same.

sounds more like Lovie Smith "to get anyone to be OC" level desperation.

Nagy's still got the biggest brain on this ship. he's just a 'futures contract' asshole to get fired when things don't go right later.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Bears are having a lot of trouble finding interest in the market for their OC spot.

Can't have anything to do with their quarterback or lack of ability to run the offense or playcall. No, sir. I've been assured that those are made-up fan excuses.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If the goal was to bring in a proven offensive mind, Lazor is not a good hire.

If the goal was simply to bring in a veteran offensive presence to challenge Nagy on his own offensive shortcomings, time will tell whether Lazor is a good hire.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know, I wouldn't have a problem with Mitch in an uptempo offense. I don't have any stats to back it up, but he seems to do better the less he thinks.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
In all seriousness, sometimes experience is the best teacher. Its all about right place right time. This could work.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Honestly, I don't think it matters who they hired. Nagy is the offensive coordinator.
Do you think he thinks he is actually good at it. Or does he have a little man's type syndrome that doesn't allow him to let another do it possibly better?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Consider me skeptical even if these are good hires. Nagy ultimately calls the plays. He isn't very good at it.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Consider me skeptical even if these are good hires. Nagy ultimately calls the plays. He isn't very good at it.
Even Nagy, in all his single minded stubbornness, doesn't want to get fired. Even he has to see where this is going if it doesn't change.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't really have a problem with who they brought in. I am just not sure it will make a world of difference.

Maybe not, but I am convinced this will make a positive impact on the Monday - Saturday part of this offense. Based on poor first quarter scoring...game scripting was shit in 2019. Nagy just hired two guys with plenty of experience doing just that at an NFL level...especially Castillo's love of running the ball.

Sunday will still be about Nagy & his players, but I think they will look far better prepared than the total clusterfuck that was 2019.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck it. I give up on this lot. I'm chalking up 2020 as another worthless season. Bill fuckin Lazor. Of Dolphins and Bengals fame. Fucks sake. Nagy didn't learn a god damned thing. I'm just waiting for another year to fly by before they shit can Pace and Nagy now. Roll out the tarp. Bring out the pooper scooper.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe not, but I am convinced this will make a positive impact on the Monday - Saturday part of this offense. Based on poor first quarter scoring...game scripting was shit in 2019. Nagy just hired two guys with plenty of experience doing just that at an NFL level...especially Castillo's love of running the ball.

Sunday will still be about Nagy & his players, but I think they will look far better prepared than the total clusterfuck that was 2019.

One can hope.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
One can hope.

Pretty much.

I said when he was hired that Castillo was going to be a far more critical piece than anyone at OC. I just wanted someone with NFL experience. Helfrich was a joke.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Mitch hit his ceiling last year. It's over. He is mediocre ag best

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pretty much.

I said when he was hired that Castillo was going to be a far more critical piece than anyone at OC. I just wanted someone with NFL experience. Helfrich was a joke.

Helfrich had no business on an NFL team. I’m not jumping for joy with these hires but they are better than what was here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does matter who we hire. Our success is dependent upon Nagy managing his own ego.