Biggs: No Kafka, Targeting Bill Lazor

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's a coordinator job in which A) you don't get to call plays, and B) Mitch Trubisky is the QB. Hardly surprising there weren't big names lining up for it.

And C) A probability you don't have a job next year.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
giphy.gif

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kafka was a silly supposition that somebody tweeted out his ass.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
• The marriage of Bill Lazor and the Bears will be interesting—Lazor’s known for simplifying scheme for players, weaponizing tempo and finding a way to get guys playing fast. With a quarterback, in Mitch Trubisky, who often seems to think too much on the field, injecting that influence into Matt Nagy’s offense could be a godsend.

From Albert Greer on SI

so basically Mitch failed Nagy 202 and now Lazor is brought in to teach the slow learner class this season.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
• The marriage of Bill Lazor and the Bears will be interesting—Lazor’s known for simplifying scheme for players, weaponizing tempo and finding a way to get guys playing fast. With a quarterback, in Mitch Trubisky, who often seems to think too much on the field, injecting that influence into Matt Nagy’s offense could be a godsend.

From Albert Greer on SI

so basically Mitch failed Nagy 202 and now Lazor is brought in to teach the slow learner class this season.
The tempo part is what interests me most. In order to play up tempo, you can't be subbing in and out players constantly. Focus on out-executing teams instead of out-thinking them...which really only confused our offense...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Another fall guy to scapegoat if the offense still sucks next year..

I don't think that will work again. It hasn't worked on many of us from this year so no way will it work if things go as bad next year. Nagy is coaching for his job.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The tank is back on the menu boys.

Its obvious we're tanking for trevor lawrence. Fuck ya.

It would be absolutely horrible to have to go through a season and end up with 1 or 2 wins but i gotta admit that if it turned into the chance to get T.Lawrence i'd be all for it. It's gonna be worth it for Cincy cause Burrow is an absolute stud.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The tempo part is what interests me most. In order to play up tempo, you can't be subbing in and out players constantly. Focus on out-executing teams instead of out-thinking them...which really only confused our offense...

So someone that will tell Nagy to stop getting cute with all the pre-snap BS???

Yes please and thank you!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It would be absolutely horrible to have to go through a season and end up with 1 or 2 wins but i gotta admit that if it turned into the chance to get T.Lawrence i'd be all for it. It's gonna be worth it for Cincy cause Burrow is an absolute stud.

We had a complete meltdown season and still won 8 games.

Our chances of getting Lawrence are 0.0 unless we trade Hicks, Mack and Robinson.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We had a complete meltdown season and still won 8 games.

Our chances of getting Lawrence are 0.0 unless we trade Hicks, Mack and Robinson.

Haha i know but i just can't stop thinking about how Cincy is about to get their QB for the next 12-15 years and one that has multiple star qualities about him and that Lawrence will be the next one in the following draft and we have M.Trubisky.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
but I thought no GM (or literally the dumbest poster in the history of CCS) can predict how a college QB can do in the pros?

#GED #getOne

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't why I should get excited about Lazor.....

One of the funnier notions I saw in an Atlantic article was that even though his offense was ranked 32nd with Dalton it could have been much worse......

I guess that is a compliment.

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's hard to get excited about ANYTHING on this team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

From Albert Greer on SI

Basically, it is like having to attend Summer School because your grades sucked.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the end of the day Nagy owns this offense running game coordinator or no. He is on the hotseat along with Pace.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

From Albert Greer on SI

Nagy brought in to fix offense....

Offense forgets how to run, then offense loses whatever passing accumen there was....

Nagy fires running game guys and brings in new ones and hires a passing guy to improve the passing attack...

At this point it seems like Nagy is just the HR department.