Biggs prediction for da Bears on draft night

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah, not perennial. Another team will get a chance once this qb gets released and we give up another 4 first round picks in 2025.
I think if value happens, you can be reasonable and trade up a little, jump the Patriots or something potentially significant like that.

But be smart, we can make the team better and then pursue deadline trades for a veteran QB.

Be patient. If you build the club for Wilson, he may come. If you draft Lance or Fields they could land you Wilson after June 1st.

Just don't do anything potentially stupid like trade up to 4.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if value happens, you can be reasonable and trade up a little, jump the Patriots or something potentially significant like that.

But be smart, we can make the team better and then pursue deadline trades for a veteran QB.

Be patient. If you build the club for Wilson, he may come. If you draft Lance or Fields they could land you Wilson after June 1st.

Just don't do anything potentially stupid like trade up to 4.
definitely scared of what that move would cost us and I agree completely that you give all that up for a lottery ticket. Makes much more sense to do so for Wilson.

I see 49ers already sweatin it. Now for us to move up from 20 to 4 would be equivalent or more. Gonna take a special kid to overcome that pressure.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
On the radio this morning he predicted they trade up to 4 with ATL and take Lance. Say want you want about the specific player/trade but despite what some may think on this board the bears are STILL desperate. You don't make big plays for Watson and Wilson then sit on your hands come draft night. If there is in fact an opportunity for them to trade up and make a play for a QB. You can be all but assured that's exactly what will happen.

As an aside, I'm ALMOST as excited for the cunting over picks given up as I am to have a young QB on this team with potential. Buckle up bitchez????
Pace was willing to give the farm for PROVEN NFL QBs. Lance is literally the least proven even in college. That’s why it makes no sense...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Pace and Nagy are not banking their careers on Trey Lance. They will not trade up into the top five. We are not getting Fields or Wilson.

You have to hope that Lance falls into the teens - which I think is possible - but Pace would be a complete dumb fuck to give up a 1st next year on a guy that played less than Mitch. MAYBE give up a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace and Nagy are not banking their careers on Trey Lance. They will not trade up into the top five. We are not getting Fields or Wilson.

You have to hope that Lance falls into the teens - which I think is possible - but Pace would be a complete dumb fuck to give up a 1st next year on a guy that played less than Mitch. MAYBE give up a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year.
Pace fixin to give up a lot more than that..

2806CC35-916D-442F-B8CC-8E71728427BD.jpeg

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
hear me out

Fields will fall to 6 and Pace trades up with Miami. biggest competition will be New England who Miami won’t want to trade down with.

I don't want Pace to move up for Lance or Fields. Lance could very well be Trubisky II, and Fields is an OSU QB. With all the winning they do, name one OSU QB that played well in the NFL in the last 70 years.

Since 2000:
Steve Bellisari
Craig Krenzel
Troy Smith (Heisman)
Terrelle Pryor
Braxton Miller
Cardale Jones
Dwayne Haskins
*Justin Fields

The best NFL QB they've produced since the 50s is Tomczak. Ohio State is the college QB equivalent of the Bears.

It's a major crapshoot to take either of those players, and to give up multiple 1sts to get them is incredibly risky. I want the Bears to draft a QB as much as anyone, but I think Mills and Mond have just as good a shot to succeed as Lance and Fields.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don't want Pace to move up for Lance or Fields. Lance could very well be Trubisky II, and Fields is an OSU QB. With all the winning they do, name one OSU QB that played well in the NFL in the last 70 years.

Since 2000:
Steve Bellisari
Craig Krenzel
Troy Smith (Heisman)
Terrelle Pryor
Braxton Miller
Cardale Jones
Dwayne Haskins
*Justin Fields

The best NFL QB they've produced since the 50s is Tomczak. Ohio State is the college QB equivalent of the Bears.

It's a major crapshoot to take either of those players, and to give up multiple 1sts to get them is incredibly risky. I want the Bears to draft a QB as much as anyone, but I think Mills and Mond have just as good a shot to succeed as Lance and Fields.
you don’t get anywhere in life taking no risks

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
To go from 20 to 4 would take 3 ones +. There have been no rumors of the Bears calling up to other teams. Could mean they aren't any calls being made or maybe Pace and his best friend have worked out a deal that is good for both teams and only them and their owners / HCs are involved which keeps it quite?

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
you don’t get anywhere in life taking no risks

If you have two QBs with the same chance at success as the two you would have to move up for, why do it? For the fuck of it?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The obvious worry is that da berz have never been able to develop a qb. Nagy hasn’t shown himself able to do so.. maybe if he promises to be hands off and allows lazor and defilippo to do the mentoring....yeah, not gonna happen. Lol
I would love to have a quarterback that is ready to play and doesn’t need developing for a change.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Without a solid oline doesn't matter which QB you pick.

Watch Mahomes in this past Superbowl for reference.

This is what happens when your football guys are morons and their bosses know nothing about the game their ancestors practically created.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Drafting, then trading a young QB in a package for Wilson is so fucking short sighted that it's ridiculous. If the kid is any good, by the time he's hitting his prime as a player.....Wilson will be looking to retire. If he can't make the grade as per Mitch then nobody is gonna want him amyway. Working on 60 years worth of shit QB's. Pick one, move up and get him. If you get another underachiever....big fucking deal. It's not like we haven't seen it before.