Bijon Robinson - can't miss prospect?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Monty is NOT a starter.

Herbert has hands of fine particle board and doesn’t block. We may let both walk.

Bijan is not JUST a RB. He may be a better wideout than the other WRs in the first round.

So, just maybe know what you’re talking about or stfu? Shall we?

Why would they let Herbert walk when he is on his rookie deal? Monty, absolutely. But you can replace Montgomery with a mid round pick. Which is most likely what the Bears will do. This is a real solid HB class, lots of guys in rounds 3-5 will contribute, like always.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I live Bijan. He isn't close to Marshall Faulk. He's a very good running back prospect. Deebo is a receiver, don't even know why you bring him up.

I'd be cool with Gibbs in the 2nd if the Bears get a bunch of picks in a trade down.

I can't believe this is even an argument. Running backs are bad investments. Especially on teams with as many needs as the Bears have.
Not necessarily. All depends on whether he will be an elite player at the next level. Projection, as every single draft prospect is.

Would you take early years Kamara or McCaffrey production out of a late first round pick if Monty walks? I sure as hell would, and I think Robinson will be better than both of those guys.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s not 1985 folks.

Regardless of if this guy is a great prospect or not:

1: RB’s get injured ALL THE TIME.
2: It’s been proven over and over for years you can get great RB play outside round 1.

Keep Hebert. Teach him to pass block. Draft a rookie in rounds 2-5.

Use the 1st on Dline or Oline.

This is the way.

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
It’s not 1985 folks.
Love your posts, but that’s a very lazy take. If he was a one dimensional runner, sure, I agree, 1st round is a reach. He’s not.

Would you think 1000 yards rushing, 500 yards receiving and 15 touchdowns is not good value for a first round pick?

Look, it’s all projection of course, but I think he’s capable of that. It also matters what happens in FA and whether they can trade back and draft him mid to late 1st.

I think you are underrating what an elite and multidimensional back can add to this offense. Especially with Fields and his insane athleticism that can hurt D’s in so many ways.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Love your posts, but that’s a very lazy take. If he was a one dimensional runner, sure, I agree, 1st round is a reach. He’s not.

Would you think 1000 yards rushing, 500 yards receiving and 15 touchdowns is not good value for a first round pick?

Look, it’s all projection of course, but I think he’s capable of that. It also matters what happens in FA and whether they can trade back and draft him mid to late 1st.

I think you are underrating what an elite and multidimensional back can add to this offense. Especially with Fields and his insane athleticism that can hurt D’s in so many ways.

I can get great RB in the mid rounds.

Most RB don’t stay healthy.

Its that simple.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It’s not 1985 folks.

Regardless of if this guy is a great prospect or not:

1: RB’s get injured ALL THE TIME.
2: It’s been proven over and over for years you can get great RB play outside round 1.

Keep Hebert. Teach him to pass block. Draft a rookie in rounds 2-5.

Use the 1st on Dline or Oline.

This is the way.

but what about Christian McCaffrey? Or Ezekiel Elliott? or Saquan Barkley? or Derrick Henry? or Khalil Herbert?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Robinson certainly may get hurt but he is also one of the most flexible players I've ever seen. This is one of the craziest things I've on a football field and he just got up and walked back to the huddle:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Why would they let Herbert walk when he is on his rookie deal? Monty, absolutely. But you can replace Montgomery with a mid round pick. Which is most likely what the Bears will do. This is a real solid HB class, lots of guys in rounds 3-5 will contribute, like always.
I just see Herbert as more replaceable than Monty. If Monty walks, I think we can grab Chris Rodriguez out of Kentucky to replace his running style. But, with Monty, you get hands AND blocking. I would love to see if he could lead block. Transitioning him into an H hack FB role would be great.

Herbert is just a back. That’s all he is. Maybe he can improve his blocking and hands. Maybe. I just see him as a name that a team might be willing to pay for, especially with over 6 ypc. It’s no issue to keep him, but Deuce Vaughn would be an upgrade over him and maybe Jackrabbit already is a replacement.

If we keep Hebert, no biggie. But we may be able to get a late round pick for him that we can use to draft a RB with his skill set. Or, we may use him as a chit throw in to get a salary dump like Keenan Allen or Courtland Sutton might be. I think Denver would be happy with that trade, as would. The Chargers.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I just see Herbert as more replaceable than Monty. If Monty walks, I think we can grab Chris Rodriguez out of Kentucky to replace his running style. But, with Monty, you get hands AND blocking. I would love to see if he could lead block. Transitioning him into an H hack FB role would be great.

Herbert is just a back. That’s all he is. Maybe he can improve his blocking and hands. Maybe. I just see him as a name that a team might be willing to pay for, especially with over 6 ypc. It’s no issue to keep him, but Deuce Vaughn would be an upgrade over him and maybe Jackrabbit already is a replacement.

If we keep Hebert, no biggie. But we may be able to get a late round pick for him that we can use to draft a RB with his skill set. Or, we may use him as a chit throw in to get a salary dump like Keenan Allen or Courtland Sutton might be. I think Denver would be happy with that trade, as would. The Chargers.
If Herbert is so meh and you can easily replace him, why would someone trade for him?

Also Herbert is a very good zone runner.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Wut? If we keep him great…. But we may be able to trade him… and get him again. ?‍♂️

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If Herbert is so meh and you can easily replace him, why would someone trade for him?

Also Herbert is a very good zone runner.
You’re not wrong. It’s not that I see him as meh, talent-wise but as a player with an easily replaceable skill set. Since he is, and we have cap space, I see him as a player we could move without affecting the overall talent or skills of this O.
Wut? If we keep him great…. But we may be able to trade him… and get him again. ?‍♂️
If we trade him, we get the player we traded him for plus get his skill set in the draft. There are a lot of players he comps to available. I like Deuce Vaughn because of his hands.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You’re not wrong. It’s not that I see him as meh, talent-wise but as a player with an easily replaceable skill set. Since he is, and we have cap space, I see him as a player we could move without affecting the overall talent or skills of this O.

If we trade him, we get the player we traded him for plus get his skill set in the draft. There are a lot of players he comps to available. I like Deuce Vaughn because of his hands.
Why would the other team trade for him, if he is easily replaceable?

It doesn't make sense, you're not getting resources for a player and also not losing anything because of how he's replaceable

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Of course it would be. How many times does this happen though? And how often is it sustainable?

EDIT:

Answered my own questions:

Last edited:

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think this draft will show the "new" positional value of a franchise RB. Last 4 drafts no RB taken before 20.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I sign Montgomey to a two year deal. He is exactly the back that they need with Fields next year. If anyone should be replaced, It should be Herbert.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Why would the other team trade for him, if he is easily replaceable?

It doesn't make sense, you're not getting resources for a player and also not losing anything because of how he's replaceable
Because it would be a throw in for a smart dump like Keenan Allen. Maybe we wouldn’t have to give something up for a salary dump, but I’d rather not part with any draft picks.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Because it would be a throw in for a smart dump like Keenan Allen. Maybe we wouldn’t have to give something up for a salary dump, but I’d rather not part with any draft picks.
But why would they want him if he is not good? And why would the Bears want an old WR for $20mil per year?

I just don't get any of it.