Bijon Robinson - can't miss prospect?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Lmao. More pressing issues than just another overhyped Texas RB.
Right, he could be Benson orrrrrrrr he could be Eric Metcalf.

There’s always risk, but we would win a shit ton more games with him. Give me a bigger, stronger version of CMC in his first few years any day of the week. The more pressing needs can be handled with the over 115 mil plus in salary cap. The draft is for stocking talent that will feel needs in years to come, not so much the holes on our team.

C
RT?
DT (b gap)
True boundary CB?
2 pass rushing DEs
WLB? (Depends on how you view Sanborn)
FS?
Slot WR
FLEX/U TE
YTE?
LG?

All of these can be filled with the salary pool we have using FA. Am I missing something?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

There’s always risk, but we would win a shit ton more games with him. Give me a bigger, stronger version of CMC in his first few years any day of the week. The more pressing needs can be handled with the over 115 mil plus in salary cap. The draft is for stocking talent that will feel needs in years to come, not so much the holes on our team.

C
RT?
DT (b gap)
True boundary CB?
2 pass rushing DEs
FS?
Slot WR
FLEX/U TE
YTE?
LG?

All of these can be filled with the salary pool we have using FA. Am I missing something?

Is this a joke or super cereal?

Just because a team has cap space doesn’t mean they will get to fill those roster holes with good players.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

C
RT?
DT (b gap)
True boundary CB?
2 pass rushing DEs
FS?
Slot WR
FLEX/U TE
YTE?
LG?

There are other teams in fa and no guarantee players want to come to an organization run like the bears are run

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Is this a joke or super cereal?

Just because a team has cap space doesn’t mean they will get to fill those roster holes with good players.
No. Are you paying attention to the Bears’ narrative? They have the hottest rising NFL star, a large media market, a new stadium in the work, and a shit ton of cash to spend.
There are other teams in fa and no guarantee players want to come to an organization run like the bears are run
Yes, there are other teams with over a hundred million in cap space. The Bears are being run just fine. Poles is set to fill the holes with FA, not forced to fill with rookies. He should be able to go BPA.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No. Are you paying attention to the Bears’ narrative? They have the hottest rising NFL star, a large media market, a new stadium in the work, and a shit ton of cash to spend.

Yes, there are other teams with over a hundred million in cap space. The Bears are being run just fine. Poles is set to fill the holes with FA, not forced to fill with rookies. He should be able to go BPA.
Good Lord. Just please stop posting for a day.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Good Lord. Just please stop posting for a day.
No. The feeling is far from mutual.

I’d like to hear how the miracle of the drafted rookie is going to be better than Star or serviceable FA for the holes we have. What? No answer?

Oh, so let me get this straight. You’re telling me we have a lot of holes. Agreed.
We have a lot of cash. Agreed.
We need offensive weapons for Fields. Agreed.
The FA options at WR are trash. Agreed.
Don’t pay RBs big bucks in big contracts when you can draft them. Agreed.
We can’t fill our holes with FA. What the fuck? Why? Reeesonzzzz….
We can’t draft a RB in the draft because math. Ayfkm?
We need good OL and WR. There aren’t any real 1st round talented ones in this draft. Draft to fill needs anyway. What? Why? More maths and reeeesonzzz.

Seriously? Fuck out of here with your shit.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No. The feeling is far from mutual.

I’d like to hear how the miracle of the drafted rookie is going to be better than Star or serviceable FA for the holes we have. What? No answer?

Oh, so let me get this straight. You’re telling me we have a lot of holes. Agreed.
We have a lot of cash. Agreed.
We need offensive weapons for Fields. Agreed.
The FA options at WR are trash. Agreed.
Don’t pay RBs big bucks in big contracts when you can draft them. Agreed.
We can’t fill our holes with FA. What the fuck? Why? Reeesonzzzz….
We can’t draft a RB in the draft because math. Ayfkm?
We need good OL and WR. There aren’t any real 1st round talented ones in this draft. Draft to fill needs anyway. What? Why? More maths and reeeesonzzz.

Seriously? Fuck out of here with your shit.

1. Just because the Bears have cap space and other teams don’t have as much does not mean they will get to sign every big name free agent that you think would come here. It simply doesn’t work like this:
Bears have $120 million so every big name free agent will come here over a team that only has $40million in cap space! D Payne may simply choose another team. There are plenty of teams that have enough cap space to pilfer players off of your irrational wish list of free agent signings.
2. You can find similar production in a rookie RB any round of the draft. Robinson is still a RB that has to depend on the line in front of him for him to be successful. Every RB does. This isn’t hard. Plenty of other good RB’s available in the draft than Dijon Robinson
3. You live in some fantasy land that believes Poles will sign every big name free agent to fill these holes. Poles has much more pressing needs than taking a luxury in the 1st.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
1. Just because the Bears have cap space and other teams don’t have as much does not mean they will get to sign every big name free agent that you think would come here. It simply doesn’t work like this:
Bears have $120 million so every big name free agent will come here over a team that only has $40million in cap space! D Payne may simply choose another team. There are plenty of teams that have enough cap space to pilfer players off of your irrational wish list of free agent signings.
A team with $40 mil in cap space can shell out over 20 a year for a dude? Okay. Maybe.
2. You can find similar production in a rookie RB any round of the draft. Robinson is still a RB that has to depend on the line in front of him for him to be successful. Every RB does. This isn’t hard. Plenty of other good RB’s available in the draft than Dijon Robinson
No. There hasn’t been similar talent to Bijan in about a half decade, maybe Saquon. I don’t know if you follow the Giants, but he’s why they win. A mortal running back fucks them. There’s nothing like Bijan in this draft. He may have the best receiving skills in this class. He’s that good.
3. You live in some fantasy land that believes Poles will sign every big name free agent to fill these holes. Poles has much more pressing needs than taking a luxury in the 1st.
No. Not every big time FA, just ones to fill the needs we have.

C cheap vet FA
RT? High priced Vet
DT (b gap) open the Brinks truck
True boundary CB? Cheap vet FA
2 pass rushing DEs Open the Brinks truck
WLB? (Depends on how you view Sanborn) pay Da big bucks
FS? Cheap vet. With EJax’s foot not needing surgery, I’m. Not sure this is a need.
Slot WR a trade AND at least two draft picks. Bijan could line up in the wing like CMC is used by Shanny in SF. Unless you think JuJu could work. I don’t.
FLEX/U TE maybe a cheap vet. Tonyan would cost 5. I don’t like him, but I wouldn’t want to pay for Geseki, Schultz, or Engram. Definitely a rookie.
YTE? We just need a backup and second for jumbo packages. Cheap vet FA.
LG? I prefer keeping Whitehair, but there is an argument for him to go, so I’m just acknowledging that some think this a hole, too.

What am I missing that can’t be fixed with straight cash?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A team with $40 mil in cap space can shell out over 20 a year for a dude? Okay. Maybe.

No. There hasn’t been similar talent to Bijan in about a half decade, maybe Saquon. I don’t know if you follow the Giants, but he’s why they win. A mortal running back fucks them. There’s nothing like Bijan in this draft. He may have the best receiving skills in this class. He’s that good.

No. Not every big time FA, just ones to fill the needs we have.

C cheap vet FA
RT? High priced Vet
DT (b gap) open the Brinks truck
True boundary CB? Cheap vet FA
2 pass rushing DEs Open the Brinks truck
WLB? (Depends on how you view Sanborn) pay Da big bucks
FS? Cheap vet. With EJax’s foot not needing surgery, I’m. Not sure this is a need.
Slot WR a trade AND at least two draft picks. Bijan could line up in the wing like CMC is used by Shanny in SF. Unless you think JuJu could work. I don’t.
FLEX/U TE maybe a cheap vet. Tonyan would cost 5. I don’t like him, but I wouldn’t want to pay for Geseki, Schultz, or Engram. Definitely a rookie.
YTE? We just need a backup and second for jumbo packages. Cheap vet FA.
LG? I prefer keeping Whitehair, but there is an argument for him to go, so I’m just acknowledging that some think this a hole, too.

What am I missing that can’t be fixed with straight cash?
You are simply delusional and are now in the running for the biggest reetaard on this board. Teams can easily manipulate their cap situation and move money into the future cap projections to get the guy they want.

Saqoun was so good that this is the 1st year they have had a winning record with him! It’ll be funny watching you rip whatever dick you have left when Poles doesn’t spend a top pick on Dijon.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You are simply delusional and are now in the running for the biggest reetaard on this board.

Maybe…
Teams can easily manipulate their cap situation and move money into the future cap projections to get the guy they want.
I’m not sure about the Saints and GB. But, for the most part, there are a lot of teams up against the cap. 20-22 mil for a single player is a very steep price. Only a few teams can pay it.
Saqoun was so good that this is the 1st year they have had a winning record with him! It’ll be funny watching you rip whatever dick you have left when Poles doesn’t spend a top pick on Dijon.
Yup. You don’t follow them. They’ve had a coaching/gm change. The whole scheme was updated. So, they are winning despite their deficiencies at QB. I’m thinking they upgrade from Danny dimes this year. The point I’m making is, even with the scheme change, they need Saquon for it to work and for them to win. Yes, this begs the argument of if it’s the scheme or unleashing Saquaon. I do t watch them anywhere enough to answer that.