Bilal Nichols will go to the Pro Bowl this year

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’s one of the guys I’m most excited to watch and hopeful will have a breakout year, but is NT his natural position?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Nichols has a ton of potential. Had a good rookie season. Broke his hand Week2 in 2019.

2018: 14 G, 3 Sacks, 2 FF, 7 QB Hits, 5 TFL, 28 Tackles
2019: 13 G, 0 Sacks, 0 FF, 2 QB Hits, 1 TFL, 27 Tackles

What really hurts is Goldman sitting out. Major blow.

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Nichols has a ton of potential. Had a good rookie season. Broke his hand Week2 in 2020.

2018: 14 G, 3 Sacks, 2 FF, 7 QB Hits, 5 TFL, 28 Tackles
2019: 13 G, 0 Sacks, 0 FF, 2 QB Hits, 1 TFL, 27 Tackles

What really hurts is Goldman sitting out. Major blow.

some guys don’t realize the major negative impact this front line, LBs, and defense are going to feel with the loss of Goldman.

Reminds me of losing of losing Hicks. This defense has little depth.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
some guys don’t realize the major negative impact this front line, LBs, and defense are going to feel with the loss of Goldman.

What defense has the talent to overcome injuries from this kind of players?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt it happens if he primarily plays traditional nose. Just happy he can man up there without Goldman. It will be interesting when he gets opportunities to slip a block with the edges pinching down. That may help the OP but not his job there.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He is recognized. Saw tons of articles on him last year being a breakout player. Injuries held him back but you could see his potential when he played even off injury last season.

Goldman will effect everyone, but the bears do have enough beef and sub packages to make due I think. A lot more snaps for RRH / Nichols / and the sub bigger guys like Urban and Jenkins. They may even bring another large body in to compete that may make the roster W1.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

It won't be as bad as losing Hicks, IMO, but i agree that i don't think some realize how big a loss it will be not having Goldman out there.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's much more of 1 gap player, will make his money in even fronts when he's asked to disrupt more than as a traditional NT. Bears will definitely be playing lots of even fronts this year, with nickel, no Goldman, and Quinn who is much better playing more like a DE than an OLB.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Promising rookie year but he disappeared like most of the front 7 seven when Hicks went out.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
We'll absolutely miss Goldman. He is a monster with an anchor; he is the man that keeps our ILBs able to run freely to the football. If Nichols and crew can't fill in adequately, roquon and trevathan are going to have a bad year.