Bill Lazor on offensive collaboration (Thurs. Oct. 7th Presser)

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
True. But would it be a wise move to get rid of solid but unspectacular in the hope of maybe finding something better? Given that the chance is usually small…
If you can hire a new HC like Daboll, Moore, Brady, etc then yes you give up Lazor. I’m sure at least of of those three would like a HC opportunity and to work with Fields.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you can hire a new HC like Daboll, Moore, Brady, etc then yes you give up Lazor. I’m sure at least of of those three would like a HC opportunity and to work with Fields.

Here's the thing - yes, there is a risk of failing, especially with this ownership.

But you can't let fear lock you in to sticking with mediocrity or worse.

You want Fields to have an Aaron Rodgers-type run? A transcendent talent who only got one Superbowl because he was kneecapped by a shit coach whose system was stuck in the past and an indifferent front office?

Sorry, but I do NOT want to follow the Packers template for handling the franchise QB, and by sticking with Nagy/Lazor, that's exactly what we'd be condemning Fields to.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Fields is progressing you stick with Nagy until Fields has fully acclimated to the NFL. That probably takes at least 2 years unless Fields has a Herbert like season.

Once he has the base of knowledge of defenses, playbooks and what it takes to be a pro then fire Nagy. That timing works as 2022 is Nagy's last year anyways.

dignan

Liked Posts:
I think some folks are selling Lazor short here. Small sample size but the results with the Bears have been excellent so far. Sometimes coordinators just need to be paired with the right playbook to really take off.