Bill Polian's Book: "Super Bowl Blueprints"

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amazon.com

Anybody read it?

Is Polian still relevant or will his plan produce a solid HC & GM?

1642104289956.png

Cover looks like 80s/90s style, but it appears to have been published recently (Nov. 2021).

Really hoping he's light years better than Ernie Accorsi.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
The short version is knowing the whys and outsmarting your opponents by never calling the obvious play. He also mentions that running the ball is obsolete.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
Get lucky and have one of the best QBs of all time fall in your lap. There summarized.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Polian was in his prime 30 years ago. Embarrassing we are leaning on him for advice, but he probably helps prevent a disaster hire like when we hired Phil Emery over Jason Licht in 2012.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Amazon.com

Anybody read it?

Is Polian still relevant or will his plan produce a solid HC & GM?

View attachment 16820

Cover looks like 80s/90s style, but it appears to have been published recently (Nov. 2021).

Really hoping he's light years better than Ernie Accorsi.
Simple. Franchise qb, a great coach and at least a top 15 defense. If you dont have an elite qb then youll need a dominant defense that has a high turnover ratio.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
The short version is knowing the whys and outsmarting your opponents by never calling the obvious play. He also mentions that running the ball is obsolete.
someone better tell the Titans so they can bench Derrick Henry

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Hopefully Georgie has read it but I doubt it.

Motherfucker grew up on the inside of a professional football team his whole life but he's "just a fan".

We're doomed.
To borrow from our dear departed, and beloved ex-coach......................BOOM!!!!

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh no, this reminds me of Nagy.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So nobody yet.

Good witty banter so far ?

I was also initially bummed that Polian was the only "voice of reason" because the dude a dinosaur. But his success is literally volumes better than Ernie Accorsi (sp?), and I recognize that many management/hiring/organizational/leadership strategies are timeless.

It wasn't my take that Polian's role is to discuss coaching/drafting/FA strategies, but what's important to build a team and organization for success. He just needs to make sure the proven dumbasses (& "fan") in the room are ask the right questions and notice the good & bad answers while helping evaluate the GM & HC hires.

Polian seems legit from what I'm hearing. It'd be cool to hear from someone who read one of his books though.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He also said that Lamar Jackson would fail as a QB and better to switch to WR.

We're all wrong about things now & then, but so long as he's great with organizational stuff and not an acting GM or scout...WTH knows? ?‍♂️

Rise

Liked Posts:
I don’t know why this team didn’t get Ozzie Newsome as a consultant for this decision. I’m sure he would have taken the payday to help out.