Billy Donovan to become Bulls head coach

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't really keep track of NBA coaches anymore but this guy has a .608 winning percentage. Ok, he had for the most part a good team in OK. but hey, he knows how to win if you give him the horses.....not sure Boylen could win if MJ was still playing. Certainly a step up from the sad list of crap brought in here lately.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You guys dislike this hire? Are you insane?
I had a preferred guy...THAT SAID... .608 winning percentage in the Western Conference and has gone to the playoffs five consecutive years.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It’s not a shitty hire like the last two frauds. My main focus is does the new front office have pull with free agents or does the bad culture stigma on this team keep players away

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bradley Beal? We already have one mediocre SG.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't really keep track of NBA coaches anymore but this guy has a .608 winning percentage. Ok, he had for the most part a good team in OK. but hey, he knows how to win if you give him the horses.....not sure Boylen could win if MJ was still playing. Certainly a step up from the sad list of crap brought in here lately.

This. All I know is they didn't screw this up. They got a guy that can develop talent, knows young players attitudes, can obviously recruit get buy-in, and for the love of God...

we can finally play chess again for the first time since Thibs. We won't be outcoached by every timeout or inbounds play, we can actually draw something up, have a system, and execute.

I don't know if the Bulls could have done better, but this was a safe hire that gets us out of amateur hour and into the big leagues. Thats enough for me to breathe deeply and exhale the consternation that has been the last 6 years.

High School gym coaches are gone. (Iowa St. was one of the biggest disappointments that year btw, Hoiberg had Final 4 talent and got bounced early, I never saw a single thing to smile about schematically or coaching accountability wise, not one single thing between two coaches over 6 years. These guys were the biggest failure over their careers I have ever seen in any pro-league, the Bulls have been playing summer scrimmage ball against fucking pro's)

Not one play, like with a Van Gundy where I know they just coached their team a basket. Not one piece of continuity or schematic system like Thibs where you could see us playing percentages. These fucking dudes wouldn't even go up to a bitch ass mother fucking McDermott or Mirotic and fucking slap them in front of everyone and say "WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF SHOT WAS THAT!!!!" and bench them for a goddamn week and a half.

Seriously, we have had no accountability whatsoever or schematic sense, adaptation to players and how its working. Donovan is light years beyond the ineptitude we have just witnessed. No organization would ever tolerate for a month what we just watched for 6 years. Its fucking unreal, and this new GM and new Coach simply make fucking sense. Just sense. I don't care if its great, or brings us a chip. I just want to not slap my head so hard I get concussions.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are people sad about the hire? He can't possibly be worse than Boylen

He was the best option available and the Bulls got him. Says something about AK and his credibility + the team's commitment to return to relevance as a "professional organization".

Not sure what the negativity is all about.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why are people sad about the hire? He can't possibly be worse than Boylen
I am certainly not sad about the hire, but a comparison to Boylen is irrelevant. If someone is unhappy, it is because they're comparing him to other options.

Personally, I like the idea of getting a guy who has actually had success, which is a far cry from recent hires.

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like it. Could be much much worse.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If someone is unhappy, it is because they're comparing him to other options.
Here's the thing: Donovan made a WCF with the Thunder, but he had Durant and Westbrook. That isn't a far cry from what he'll have here, it's the fucking grand canyon. So, I can see what Donovan's ceiling is as a coach. What I don't know is what guys like Unseld or Udoka have as their ceiling, and that's why I've been stanning for Unseld (Actually, I was stanning for Adrian Griffin, but, well, ya know....).

The Bulls were on pace to be a 27-28 win team, prior to Covid. I think Donovan is at least worth a +10 in the win column. What I'm interested in seeing now isn't necessarily the draft, but what AKME does with the current roster.