1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
meh...

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The vomit which is Boylen has finally been washed away. Billy D is going to get this team to the playoffs his 1st year, that’s almost a certainty. I’m guessing they sign a quality vet on a 1 year, and then take BPA at #4.

The biggest thing I’ll be looking at is if he could get Lauri to sack up and stop playing like a bitch. I know, Boylen and all, but Lauri certainly didn’t play well or with any type of pride this season. Also if WCJ could play more than 40 games this year, that would be cool too

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The vomit which is Boylen has finally been washed away. Billy D is going to get this team to the playoffs his 1st year, that’s almost a certainty. I’m guessing they sign a quality vet on a 1 year, and then take BPA at #4.

The biggest thing I’ll be looking at is if he could get Lauri to sack up and stop playing like a bitch. I know, Boylen and all, but Lauri certainly didn’t play well or with any type of pride this season. Also if WCJ could play more than 40 games this year, that would be cool too
Not much wiggle room in the East for a playoff spot this upcoming season unless some teams blow up and/or suffer major injuries (entirely possible).

The Magic are the only team at this time I could see being swapped out.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Not much wiggle room in the East for a playoff spot this upcoming season unless some teams blow up and/or suffer major injuries (entirely possible).

Then consider them swapped, my friend

Team Chicago

Liked Posts:
Getting Billy is a coup. The man had options, he must be committed and been drawn by the youth and long term potential.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getting Billy is a coup. The man had options, he must be committed and been drawn by the youth and long term potential.
I was looking at the roster and we really suck. I don't see the athleticism to seriously compete or build a viable team around.

Not sure what to do or how to attract a viable free agent. If Donovan recruited Chris Paul who could Paul bring with him? Westbrook?

Get one of Embiid or Simmons in a split?

I can't believe the Jimmy Butler trade worked out this badly for Bulls, basically hamstrung on a terrible contract w Lavine and no progress from Dunn. Paxon just had all these pieces and wealth of draft picks at one time and moved it all laterally for ever and ever until it dried up.

Lauri-Wendall-Lavine-White with a bunch of pathetic glue guys isn't going to do shit no matter how good the coach is, but at least we can start developing guys skills and minds to the trends in the league.

Too many pussies and slow defenders on this squad.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was looking at the roster and we really suck. I don't see the athleticism to seriously compete or build a viable team around.

Not sure what to do or how to attract a viable free agent. If Donovan recruited Chris Paul who could Paul bring with him? Westbrook?

I can't believe the Jimmy Butler trade worked out this badly for Bulls, basically hamstrung on a terrible contract w Lavine and no progress from Dunn. Paxon just had all these pieces and wealth of draft picks at one time and moved it all laterally for ever and ever until it dried up.

Lauri-Wendall-Lavine-White with a bunch of pathetic glue guys isn't going to do shit no matter how good the coach is, but at least we can start developing guys skills and minds to the trends in the league.

Lavine is not really a bad contract, nor is he that bad of a player.

Is he a championship building star? No. He really sucks at defense.

Dunn was a disappointment, and Lauri regressed severely after showing promise. So yeah the Butler trade hasn't exactly panned out, but it had potential.

Roster needs a ton of work, but Donovan can likely get the most out of some of these guys. Injuries will of course come into play likely as a lot of them have injury histories. Though maybe with a new training staff we'll cut down on that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lavine is not really a bad contract, nor is he that bad of a player.

Is he a championship building star? No. He really sucks at defense.

Dunn was a disappointment, and Lauri regressed severely after showing promise. So yeah the Butler trade hasn't exactly panned out, but it had potential.

Roster needs a ton of work, but Donovan can likely get the most out of some of these guys. Injuries will of course come into play likely as a lot of them have injury histories. Though maybe with a new training staff we'll cut down on that.
How is he not a bad contract if he occupies a superstar slot/pay while bringing a two-fold issue of terrible situational IQ/bball IQ and then bad defense.

Its worse than Melo...who was great and probably could have won with the right situation but stayed too long in Denver and N.Y.

I want Lavine to be good, his shot selection has been in line with what Boylen/Hoiberg have let these teams get along with.

Maybe much of it is fixable. His bball IQ should be well fortified by having a smart coach and he needs that, or like a floor general PG who brings that.

I just don't understand why he is so bad at defense, with that length and athleticism. He should be Bruce Fucking Bowen.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm built exactly like Lavine, maybe I'm an inch shorter, certainly slightly shorter arms, but I would average 10 blocks a game in my prime (against very bad competition).

Long arms, light body, leaps...

this is the recipe of a great defender. Rodman, etc. I get that he isn't strong, but he is quick and long and should be bothering shots all day, and rebounding more.

He is a very frustrating player and I can't figure it out.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How is he not a bad contract if he occupies a superstar slot/pay while bringing a two-fold issue of terrible situational IQ/bball IQ and then bad defense.

Its worse than Melo...who was great and probably could have won with the right situation but stayed too long in Denver and N.Y.

I want Lavine to be good, his shot selection has been in line with what Boylen/Hoiberg have let these teams get along with.

Maybe much of it is fixable. His bball IQ should be well fortified by having a smart coach and he needs that, or like a floor general PG who brings that.

I just don't understand why he is so bad at defense, with that length and athleticism. He should be Bruce Fucking Bowen.
Lavine signed his contract at an odd time as the cap hadn't fully exploded and he was coming off an ACL injury. Its 19.5 million a year, which isn't that bad anymore. Today his contract would be near 30 million a year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probbly all this functional training and pulling on cords he got during his era isn't ideal for him. Skinny guys like that need to work manually and lift really heavy shit. Lift hard. etc. Build that weak point of his strength so he can bother people and not just be a wall flower on defense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Philly has some tough decisions to make this off-season, they could be a team that falters.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

LaVine is on a pretty team friendly deal right now. Not a lot of guys making less than he does that score that kind of PPG. Might find some guys on rookie contracts and that’s it.

also, you don’t want Chris Paul. He’s old now.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LaVine is on a pretty team friendly deal right now. Not a lot of guys making less than he does that score that kind of PPG. Might find some guys on rookie contracts and that’s it.

also, you don’t want Chris Paul. He’s old now.

Good, good...because that means Lavine is very tradable and our flexibility is better than I thought, if we can't get the Free Agent superstar or two he needs to pair with. I don't know why I thought he was making 30-40 or something wild for years and years. 34 was the number in my head.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Good, good...because that means Lavine is very tradable and our flexibility is better than I thought, if we can't get the Free Agent superstar or two he needs to pair with. I don't know why I thought he was making 30-40 or something wild for years and years. 34 was the number in my head.

Chris Paul also getting 40 mil a year...another reason that’s a hard no

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm built exactly like Lavine, maybe I'm an inch shorter, certainly slightly shorter arms, but I would average 10 blocks a game in my prime (against very bad competition).

Long arms, light body, leaps...

this is the recipe of a great defender. Rodman, etc. I get that he isn't strong, but he is quick and long and should be bothering shots all day, and rebounding more.

He is a very frustrating player and I can't figure it out.
i'm 6'2, 187lbs, 38y/o and still have a 24inch or more vertical, cant dunk or grab the rim anymore tho.. but i'm still good as fuck but not nba level. played a game against my ex coworker like a week ago. blocks are easy if you just go and get em'.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
i'm 6'2, 187lbs, 38y/o and still have a 24inch or more vertical, cant dunk or grab the rim anymore tho.. but i'm still good as fuck but not nba level. played a game against my ex coworker like a week ago. blocks are easy if you just go and get em'.

lol blocks are easy when you’re defending your ex co worker and not an NBA player

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
i like it. Good hire. But most important is personal