Billy Donovan to become Bulls head coach

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol blocks are easy when you’re defending your ex co worker and not an NBA player

Or when you have a 6'8" wingspan and 45 inch vertical. Lavine should be hustling out some more blocks. I've never seen a more athletic player use his physical tools less, except maybe Tyrus Thomas.

Even Zach's points don't really come at the rim, he can't get there, he doesn't like contact, he doesn't fight for nothing. He bangs nobody, ever. Its a joke.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Or when you have a 6'8" wingspan and 45 inch vertical. Lavine should be hustling out some more blocks. I've never seen a more athletic player use his physical tools less, except maybe Tyrus Thomas.

Even Zach's points don't really come at the rim, he can't get there, he doesn't like contact, he doesn't fight for nothing. He bangs nobody, ever. Its a joke.

I gotta disagree about Zach not going to the rim. Guy takes it to the paint plenty, and probably doesn’t get the calls he should tbh

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I gotta disagree about Zach not going to the rim. Guy takes it to the paint plenty, and probably doesn’t get the calls he should tbh

I can live with that. I'll stop hating on our best player. lol Thanks for all you give us Zach!! Maybe they can get you some help now!!! And you will know what your doing and have a team accountable to each other!! Excited to see it.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I can live with that. I'll stop hating on our best player. lol Thanks for all you give us Zach!! Maybe they can get you some help now!!! And you will know what your doing and have a team accountable to each other!! Excited to see it.

lol ideally he is a robin to someone’s Batman. We just have no Batman right now.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Zach really does get robbed the refs consistently. For whatever reason, he gets clobbered but doesn’t get the calls. Similar to rose back in the day.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I find the timing of the firing of Doc odd. You would think if the knew they were going to fire him you would think there would be mutual interest? But maybe they really did need the full two weeks to decide? They lost on what the 15th? Bulls hire Donovan the 22nd? So only a week but still time to throw a call to the agent to delay? I don't follow as closely so I'm probably just not seeing the obvious but I imagine clips have to be more attractive to him than bulls just lineup wise? I don't know just honestly curious.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I find the timing of the firing of Doc odd. You would think if the knew they were going to fire him you would think there would be mutual interest? But maybe they really did need the full two weeks to decide? They lost on what the 15th? Bulls hire Donovan the 22nd? So only a week but still time to throw a call to the agent to delay? I don't follow as closely so I'm probably just not seeing the obvious but I imagine clips have to be more attractive to him than bulls just lineup wise? I don't know just honestly curious.
Donovan wasn't fired, per se. His contract was up and both parties decided not to re-sign. Doc resigned, with two years left. If you want to call that a firing, so be it. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're asking here.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Donovan wasn't fired, per se. His contract was up and both parties decided not to re-sign. Doc resigned, with two years left. If you want to call that a firing, so be it. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're asking here.
I guess I just saw the headline and didn't realize doc resigned. That makes more sense now. As for Donovan yeah. Mutual parting of ways, but to me not bringing a coach back feels like a firing. Hilariously I saw someone this morning say"will the clippers make a run at phil jackson?"

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Will be interested to see what Donovan can get out of guys like Lauri and WCJ. Both have pretty solid potential still that was being wasted in Boylen's system...if Lauri bounces back even if his long term future isn't here at least he regains value as a trade piece.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Will be interested to see what Donovan can get out of guys like Lauri and WCJ. Both have pretty solid potential still that was being wasted in Boylen's system...if Lauri bounces back even if his long term future isn't here at least he regains value as a trade piece.

They'll be able to take mid-range jumpers. That may help their confidence/open their game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They'll be able to take mid-range jumpers. That may help their confidence/open their game.
This is a really good point. Stupid people like GarPax, Hoiball, LOLJIMBOYLEN are dangerous with statistics. As a three point shooter I can say I almost always get hot after seeing a couple 15 footers go through. It calibrates the system, fine tunes the machines, gets your sites and touch for that day set.

Its almost like NBA jam...you could shoot from anywhere once you get on fire, and you usually took small shots and dunks to get it. Especially a guy like WCJ...should be encouraged to shoot 10-18 footers all they want. It stretches the floor and 3 is beyond his range. He needs mid-range game to open up his drives and other facets.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Pippen is being a little overly critical. Billy has only been in the league 5 years and made the playoffs in a tough conference every time - that's something. Certainly a whole lot better than what we've been dealing with.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Remember scottiepippen94? That dude was a trip. Need @hue back as well.

Nardi

Liked Posts:
Donovan is competent enough. But this franchise's main problem isn't coaching. It's attracting a future HOF player. They never once done it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Donovan is competent enough. But this franchise's main problem isn't coaching. It's attracting a future HOF player. They never once done it.
Dwayne Wade.

But I get the point if you just add the "in their prime" caveat.

They have a cheap owner. Look at the hockey mecha of practice facilities the Blackhawks have built. Now every free agent that plays summer hockey is interested(and the facility is self funding).

You have to invest in the best for your players. Like Cuban or other men with business sense. Guys want to go there, Cuban takes care of the them. They get the best of everything, which is also respect. Bulls players get insulted and thrown into perpetual negotiations that try to demean them while riding the short bus to second hand medical input and shitty trainers, high school gym coaches trying to read analytics and apply them. Who the fuck would want to come here by choice?

One man came home.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well, in fairness, there was 40 million reasons why DWade came home.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
i'm 6'2, 187lbs, 38y/o and still have a 24inch or more vertical, cant dunk or grab the rim anymore tho.. but i'm still good as fuck but not nba level. played a game against my ex coworker like a week ago. blocks are easy if you just go and get em'.

You haven't played Rami yet.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Here's the thing: Donovan made a WCF with the Thunder, but he had Durant and Westbrook. That isn't a far cry from what he'll have here, it's the fucking grand canyon. So, I can see what Donovan's ceiling is as a coach. What I don't know is what guys like Unseld or Udoka have as their ceiling, and that's why I've been stanning for Unseld (Actually, I was stanning for Adrian Griffin, but, well, ya know....).

The Bulls were on pace to be a 27-28 win team, prior to Covid. I think Donovan is at least worth a +10 in the win column. What I'm interested in seeing now isn't necessarily the draft, but what AKME does with the current roster.
Serious question. What does "stanning" mean?