Bird thread

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone seen black squirrels? My parents have one in their neighborhood and I see it whenever I go to their house. I double take everytime.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone seen black squirrels? My parents have one in their neighborhood and I see it whenever I go to their house. I double take everytime.

Black squirrels are always chittering away at the movies.

The worst.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thread's about birds not tree rats bro

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Saw one in Vancouver.
Saw a dude at Niagara Falls say "Did you fucking see that? A black squirrel!"
I didn't see that one but did see one years later in Stanley Park, half drunk, WAY HIGH, and drenched in rain.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyways, now that we have that settled. I was on a bike ride tonight. I saw a black bird that had orange shoulder blades. It looked cool. What kinda bird was it?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How many birds can you guys identify?

Cardinal
Robin
Blue Jay
Crow
Pigeon
Hawk (duh)
Hummingbird
Bald Eagle

That's all I got

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
howls

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listen here guy, we have a Cat thread that is about birds and now we have a bird thread about squirrels.

Cardinal
Robin
Blue Jay
Crow
Pigeon
Hawk (duh)
Hummingbird
Bald Eagle

That's all I got

Several types of hawks, hummingbirds etc. You really want my whole list man

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anyways, now that we have that settled. I was on a bike ride tonight. I saw a black bird that had orange shoulder blades. It looked cool. What kinda bird was it?

Red-winged blackbird.

Morning doves have always loved my place and then the wife started feeding them, so it became an army of doves on my back porch the last few years.

This spring was strangely quiet. No army of birds every morning looking for sunflower seeds. Then we notice a single dove has taken over one of these decorative bird nests my wife put up. She got a great shot of momma and baby.

View attachment 12085

Baby flew off on it's own a few days ago and we were all....

tenor.gif

Mourning* dove.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mourning* dove.

My bad.

I even remember making some bad jokes about the doves showing up because of all the terrible music she still plays after I go to work so I don't spend 20 minutes going on why The Smiths are actually the worst assembled group of anything in the history of everything.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had never seen an oriole. Then one day my friend said she saw one at her bird feeder. The next day I saw one stop for a drink at my hummingbird feeder for a second. Haven't seen another since.
The fishing line hasn't worked. Squirrel was already on seed block. I didn't see how it did but I suspect it jumped from an old patio chair that is too nearby. I put a few buckets of water hoping the next one I chase off or fails its attempt ends up in the drink.
Wife feeds them oranges cut in half

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cardinal
Robin
Blue Jay
Crow
Pigeon
Hawk (duh)
Hummingbird
Bald Eagle

That's all I got
All of them. Wife puts a feeder on every damn tree we have. Also have a very big hawk that likes to stop by the deck when the dog is in.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Saw a hummingbird near my garage the other day and my mom had a couple of baby robins in a nest near her front door but they've growd up and flew away

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe it's a gene mutation,I have noticed squirrels in the city are brown and those way out by me are gray though.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bastards are eating me out of house and home this year,stoppin' by Meijer to pick up a 40lb bag of generic and a 40lb bag of black oil seeds today mixing half and half is a stellar combo and a lot less than the brand name feeds.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I believe it's a gene mutation,I have noticed squirrels in the city are brown and those way out by me are gray though.
Local park had a black squirrel hanging around last year.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Forgot to mention I also have a mating pair of cardinals that come and eat my bird food.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My shepard's hooks showed up today. Perfect timing. I saw squirrel climb down from gutter and let himself fall and grab seed block. Chased him off right before I left for work. When I got home from work my hook was here. I moved seed block to hang from the hook and birds found it about a half hour later.
Squirrels haven't been near it yet but have been on patio looking up at the gutter thinking something is different now.