Bird thread

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My shepard's hooks showed up today. Perfect timing. I saw squirrel climb down from gutter and let himself fall and grab seed block. Chased him off right before I left for work. When I got home from work my hook was here. I moved seed block to hang from the hook and birds found it about a half hour later.
Squirrels haven't been near it yet but have been on patio looking up at the gutter thinking something is different now.

If they can get on your roof, don't let them get into your attic.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Went to stoner chick's the other day to set up the seed block I got her. I got in a hurry and forgot to spray my feeder pole with oil. Squirrels climbed up and ate most of my seed block. I sprayed it again with oil yesterday. This morning I saw a squirrel hop on to try to climb it and he slid right down. Prettt funny. Looked like a tiny fireman.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Went to stoner chick's the other day to set up the seed block I got her. I got in a hurry and forgot to spray my feeder pole with oil. Squirrels climbed up and ate most of my seed block. I sprayed it again with oil yesterday. This morning I saw a squirrel hop on to try to climb it and he slid right down. Prettt funny. Looked like a tiny fireman.
2bac8t.gif

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@ytsejam do you see that bird house in this gif? I have two of those, pretty much the exact same. I have lots of Robins, google told me Robins like open birdhouses. I have no occupants and it's been a long time lol. Do I need to enclose it?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@ytsejam do you see that bird house in this gif? I have two of those, pretty much the exact same. I have lots of Robins, google told me Robins like open birdhouses. I have no occupants and it's been a long time lol. Do I need to enclose it?
Sorry yo. I don't know shit about birdhouses.

No birds yet at stoner chick's seed block. Lots of singing birds by her place so they'll find it soon enough.
She has this silly idea that if you whistle to birds they'll sing back. But she can't whistle for shit. It's funny when she tries while I just whistle Beethoven and shit. Haha!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Birds go crunch.

Case anyone was wondering.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have birds everywhere. Damn bird feeders. We also have huge wood boring bees attacking the shed.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven't seen birds at stoner chick's seed block but they've been there. There are chunks missing and scattered seeds and shells on the ground underneath.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Birds are stupid. Took them 4 days to find I'd moved the feeder ten feet.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Morning doves have always loved my place and then the wife started feeding them, so it became an army of doves on my back porch the last few years.

This spring was strangely quiet. No army of birds every morning looking for sunflower seeds. Then we notice a single dove has taken over one of these decorative bird nests my wife put up. She got a great shot of momma and baby.

View attachment 12085

Baby flew off on it's own a few days ago and we were all....

tenor.gif
Don't worry- she will be back.
This girl built a nest on one of my garage shelves.
These 2 flew off a couple weeks ago and she is back with new eggs. Apparently they have several sets during the summer.

20210607_200724(1).jpg

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
#nailedit

Showed back up on Monday annoyed we cleaned out some of her original work.

Lmao... apparently you get about a week or 2 bird free before they return.
I myself was going to get rid of the nest before a friend told me they would be back. Sure enough, there she was almost immediately.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The rain keeps rinsing the cooking oil I've been spraying on feeder pole. Saturday I had to put a new seed block in and got home from work tonight and the chunk that was there this morning is completely gone. I can't say for sure if squirrels got at it again. I've been trying to spray the pole and keep it slippery. Could have been birds too. There were several dozen birds hanging around and taking turns about 4 at a time on seed block.
I have a new seed block and a squirrel baffle on the way.