Blachawks Fan Roll-Call Thread : Introduce Yourself and Start Posting

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
I've been an infrequent poster here for a while but since I'm part of the wave coming from Blackhawks.com, I thought I'd share some particulars.

Been a fan since shortly after they won the Cup in 1961 (I was only 7 at the time and not paying attention).

My first favorite player was good ole #16 ... no, not Bobby, not Eddie, not Laddie ... wait for it ... Good ole Chico Maki.

Current favorite is Tazer.

Best memory was when I took my daughter to her first Hawks game in the old barn and I drilled into her head to keep her eye on the puck at all times lest it comes shooting into the stands. We get there early when the Hawks are coming out for a pre-game skate and the first guy on the ice knocks dozens of pucks on the ice ,,, my daughter looks at me with big wide eyes and says - Dad, I can't keep my eye on all those pucks.

Favorite memory #2 is the 2010 Cup win.

galaxytrash

Liked Posts:
i guess i'd better follow protocol and double my post count at the same time.

if i had to put a number on it i guess i've been a fan since '67...give or take a year.

favorite player all time is tony-0

favorite current player....don't really have one but if you put me in a headlock and gave me a serious indian rub...i'd yell out crow i guess.

favorite moment...it should've been the first cup in philly but i didn't really know how to react...i was pretty much dumbstruck. by the time the second one rolled around i knew what i had to do so my favorite moment is the greatest 17 seconds in my life. (the second greatest 17 seconds was the night i lost my virginity)

looking forward to these boards and i'd like to give zack a shoutout for reaching out to our boards in our time of need and making things easy for us to join up here.

lets see....have i covered everything? fan since, favorite all time and current, favorite moment, amusing anecdote to break the ice, suck up to mod.
yep....all boxes ticked.

GigECJ

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Kinda late, but yeah, Welcome! Good to see you. Shows you how much in the know I was--I just though the boards went down--I did't get a word that they closed. Ahh well.

Welcome to you, too!
As we speak, they are actually still "operable" in that you can still get there and post. However, the only way to navigate to get there is through a search engine such as Google. You can't get there via the new website and "fans" anymore.

Doogiew

Liked Posts:
As we speak, they are actually still "operable" in that you can still get there and post. However, the only way to navigate to get there is through a search engine such as Google. You can't get there via the new website and "fans" anymore.
You can get there through email notifications if you get them. Not long though and I'm sure it will be gone.

galaxytrash

Liked Posts:
Welcome to the new fellers I guess, long as you're not buttholes
any particular types of buttholes that aren't welcome?
the reason i ask is that we have all different kinds of buttholes on the old boards.

and if i may.....what's your avatar picture? been studying it for 5 minutes and i still don't have a hot clue.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
any particular types of buttholes that aren't welcome?
the reason i ask is that we have all different kinds of buttholes on the old boards.

and if i may.....what's your avatar picture? been studying it for 5 minutes and i still don't have a hot clue.

Well, Grimson posts here so it's not an exact science.
Rabbit of Caerbannog scene, Holy Grail

AcesandEights

Liked Posts:
I registered a few days ago but just now made it over here. I'm another of the refugees from the Blackhawks forum and it's nice to see some familiar faces on here. I don't post much but like to read the posts from people that get to see the Hawks a lot.
I don't know how long I've been a fan but it's been a long time. I can remember taking a big liking to the Hawks red jerseys as a kid.

I don't have a favorite Chicago Blackhawk moment, aside from three recent Stanley Cup banners being raised but I do have a Dallas Blackhawk favorite moment. If that seems strange to some, Dallas had a Chicago Blackhawk farm team back in the 70's.
I was going to college in Austin, TX and I would meet a friend in Dallas for some games. In one game, one of the Blackhawk farmhands broke his stick (they were made of wood back then) and I noticed it was handed to someone sitting not far from me. When I asked him, he told me they gave the broken sticks to kids after the games. When the game was over, my friend and I waited a while before leaving and were almost the last people in the arena. The person with the broken stick saw me as he was leaving and came over and gave it to me.

The stick had shattered for about 12 inches along the middle of the shaft but I was able to put it back together so I glued it and added some plastic wood. Except for the plastic wood, it looks like a regular stick.
The brand of the stick is Northland and it has the players name stamped on each side, with his number on the top edge on a sticker. He scored a hat trick that night.
It also has Gunzo's stamped on each side; I think they were a supplier to the Blackhawks at that time.

i still have the stick.

galaxytrash

Liked Posts:
Nice. I was just there for 3 1/2 weeks with a few of those days spent in Singapore. What city do you live in there?
i'm a long ways from any tourist spots. i'm pretty much smack dab in the middle of 2 fairly big cities (which you likely never heard of) in the n.e. ....khon kaen and udon thani, but i'min a small village. if you have google earth, search for the khon kaen zoo...i'm only a couple miles from there...i can even hear the lions roar most days. : )
first went there in '04. left phuket on december 18th, just 8 days before the tsunami. good timing because phuket got nailed. 8,000 dead in thailand....many in that area.
been to s'pore many times. used to work oil rigs, we ended up in shipyards there (or for various courses) many times. you can sure have fun there but don't forget your wallet. beautiful city...i would hate to know how much money i left behind there.
where'd you go in thailand?

glad to see you here, btw.

Tincup61

Liked Posts:
There’s always a snake in Eden, right. I might live in the middle of Alberta but I can’t think of anything that could happen here that would take out 8000 people in one event, unless you believe “The Day After Tomorrow “ was a documentary.