Blachawks Fan Roll-Call Thread : Introduce Yourself and Start Posting

Rinkrat21

Liked Posts:
i'm a long ways from any tourist spots. i'm pretty much smack dab in the middle of 2 fairly big cities (which you likely never heard of) in the n.e. ....khon kaen and udon thani, but i'min a small village. if you have google earth, search for the khon kaen zoo...i'm only a couple miles from there...i can even hear the lions roar most days. : )
first went there in '04. left phuket on december 18th, just 8 days before the tsunami. good timing because phuket got nailed. 8,000 dead in thailand....many in that area.
been to s'pore many times. used to work oil rigs, we ended up in shipyards there (or for various courses) many times. you can sure have fun there but don't forget your wallet. beautiful city...i would hate to know how much money i left behind there.
where'd you go in thailand?

glad to see you here, btw.
Yeah Singapore is a fabulous city but can be expensive as you alluded too. Although you can find some really good food at the markets. Ate lunch almost everyday at the one in Chinatown. And had some good meals in Boat Quay at night. Did drop some coin staying at marina bay sands though but what a complex that place is.
In Thailand I was in Bangkok, Koh Yao, and Koh Samui. Culture shock to say the least but I absolutely loved it there.
Glad to see you here as well ??

Liked Posts:
Toothless Wonder checking in.
Imagine my surprise when I finally decided to check the BH.com board for the first time in four months to find that it no longer exists.
Anyway, nice to see some of the miscreants have found a new place to dwell.

Fanatic since 1970 - Favorite current: Tommy Hawk - Favorite all time: Wayne Van Dorp - Favorite moment: Dropping an A hole Red Wings fan outside the Old Barn after a game in 1988. Good times... good times

MikeVeisor

Liked Posts:

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Wes from Richmond VA - 52 and worked Rotating Shifts most my adult life `til last year.

Chicago fan since 2004 - Two weeks after my former team defeated Calgary. Some fine memories from 1994-2004 but the Blackhawks ones have been indelibly special. Hope we'll have plenty more going forward.

Was crazy about Dave Bolland and what he brought long before he scored "That goal." Still a huge fan of Nick Leddy. Currently liking every shift Kampf-Kubalik-Saad plays but of course they get shuffled about.

Today like every day is National Shoegaze Day. Please rise look at the floor and murmur Pearl by Chapterhouse...

tsilver

Liked Posts:
t silver reporting in. My love with the Hawks goes all the way back to the late sixties ,and Bobby Hull. Born and raised in the subarbs of St. Louis with three brothers who were all Blues fans. Nobody could understand why I chose to root not only for a team not from St. Louis ,but the hated Blackhawks. I didn't care. Through thick and thin I have always loved this team. When they won that first cup in 2010 , I cried in front of that television. My favorite Hawk is Patrick Kane.Besides the three vup wins, my favorite memory is when Buffy put Pronger on his ass in the 2010 final. Probably going to be some very lean years here going forward but I would not trade anything for the memory of those three cups.Hopefully some much needed changes are made going forwsrd and we can right this ship. Anyway, hello to all.

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
Rick Northorp from the old boards. Have been a Hawks fan since the early sixities. I am a true Canadian from New Brunswick on the east coast. My favourite Hawk of all time was Stan Mikita. I have seen great Hawk teams and real miserable Hawk teams but hve never given up on them. It is really hard trying to watch them this year lose games because of little or no effort and most seem to have no clue how to play whatever system they are being taught/pushed to play. I am hoping the glory days of the Hawks will return sooner rather than later.

Marty McFly

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Oregon State Beavers
Blackhawks Fan Since: '88 or '89. I would have been about 10 at that time.

Favorite Current Blackhawks Player: Kane or DeBrincat

Favorite All-Time Blackhawks Player: Grew up watching guys like Savard, Roenick, Belfour, and Chelios... but I'd have to go with Roenick. (Although once Kaner retires, he likely takes this spot.)

Favorite Blackhawks Moment: Probably the final two minutes of game 6 against the Bruins.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Blackhawks Fan Since: '88 or '89. I would have been about 10 at that time.

Favorite Current Blackhawks Player: Kane or DeBrincat

Favorite All-Time Blackhawks Player: Grew up watching guys like Savard, Roenick, Belfour, and Chelios... but I'd have to go with Roenick. (Although once Kaner retires, he likely takes this spot.)

Favorite Blackhawks Moment: Probably the final two minutes of game 6 against the Bruins.

Roenick pretty much is the reason why I became a hockey fan. I was a kid then, and he was by far my favorite player of any sport -- been a fan ever since. I still consider it one of the biggest shames in Chicago history that that team never won at least 1 Stanley Cup in that era -- it's like the Bears never winning in 85, at least to me, as a hockey fan. Fucking Pittsburgh.

Favorite memory: Last 1:30/OT of Game 5 against Nashville in 2010. I was at the game: greatest sporting event I ever witnessed live. And I know I'm biased, but no, Seabrook's OT winner against Detroit in 2013 was NOT better. Not even close.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Roenick pretty much is the reason why I became a hockey fan. I was a kid then, and he was by far my favorite player of any sport -- been a fan ever since. I still consider it one of the biggest shames in Chicago history that that team never won at least 1 Stanley Cup in that era -- it's like the Bears never winning in 85, at least to me, as a hockey fan. Fucking Pittsburgh.

Favorite memory: Last 1:30/OT of Game 5 against Nashville in 2010. I was at the game: greatest sporting event I ever witnessed live. And I know I'm biased, but no, Seabrook's OT winner against Detroit in 2013 was NOT better. Not even close.
The bolded...yeah. I 100% agree.

The underlined...as a pure sporting event I agree.

I just love that moment because it was the best "Fuck You" given to the worst referee to ever wear the zebra stripes.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Any new Boomers join in the past couple days?

Granada

Liked Posts:
The bolded...yeah. I 100% agree.

The underlined...as a pure sporting event I agree.

I just love that moment because it was the best "Fuck You" given to the worst referee to ever wear the zebra stripes.

I mean in every aspect, actually. Not just pure sporting event, but situational, especially. Scoring an empty-net goal 5-on-5 is incredibly rare. Scoring an empty-net goal 5-on-5 in a playoff game is even rarer. Then killing the remainder of a double-minor in OT.....I'm sorry, but all the Detroit game had was a ref fuck-up. There is zero comparison, really. It wasn't necessarily a miracle that the Hawks won the Detroit game, but it was nothing but a miracle that they won the Nashville game -- plain and simple.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so do we have a game thread , where we actually complain about the game ?

giphy.gif

damondog

Liked Posts:
hello! coming over from blackhawks website forum, need to get my fix everyday. been Hawks fan since mid 60's , luckily the Blackhawks are a well respected team even in this overly Boston sports teams dominated area in RI. don't forget the Bruin lovechild - Bobby Orr - played for the Hawks for partial season, I know this helped area fans accept Blackhawks fans around
here.