hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Exactly. It's a right improbability that we get 20 guys drafted and in to the NHL via blue chip draft picks. Some guys have to be developed. We'll need some FA's in there as well.

KD is an improvement over the H&RBlock Reject so far, but can he rebuild to a cup winner? Who knows, but so far what I've seen is better than wasting picks and cap trying to give an aged-out core one more shot. There is a plan in place. Will it succeed? Who knows. Even id we blag Bedard, it'll take more than him. Hopefully KD has been paying attention to Edmonton's screw-ups in over relying on McDavid.
You talk about FA, but why would you want to play for the Hawks, the organization is in shambles, the only way you change its course is by winning the draft. Players will want to play with Bedard, nothing against Fantilli but his name doesn’t scream change to an already sinking franchise. If you were to ask me, what the chances are of winning the lotto I would say zero. The Hawks had there day in the sun, 3 times and the league knows that, teams like SanJose, Columbus, Anaheim, Arizona have never tasted victory even Philly. The Hawks can’t pick any worse than number 3 if they are last, but I am pretty sure that’s where they will pick.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You talk about FA, but why would you want to play for the Hawks, the organization is in shambles, the only way you change its course is by winning the draft. Players will want to play with Bedard, nothing against Fantilli but his name doesn’t scream change to an already sinking franchise. If you were to ask me, what the chances are of winning the lotto I would say zero. The Hawks had there day in the sun, 3 times and the league knows that, teams like SanJose, Columbus, Anaheim, Arizona have never tasted victory even Philly. The Hawks can’t pick any worse than number 3 if they are last, but I am pretty sure that’s where they will pick.
Process of elimination. You can only get so many pmayers from the draft, the rest have to come in via the trades or FA. The question is not whether or not a GA will play, but do they come with a premium like us getting Campbell way back when, or do we get a discount like Hoss. I think that depends on whether or not we're in the cellar like now, or on the uptick.

As for the draft, the odds are what they are. The bottom team always has the greatest odds of picking third, but they also have the best odds of picking 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. I am not going to sweat it too much. Bedard would be a haul, but Fantilli doesn't soubd too bad, either. Bedard might accellerate the rebuild, Fantilli keeps it on track.

Either would not complete it. Our back end is a clusterfuck of Mongolian proportions, and even with Korch, we'll still need more. Edmonton proved you can't build a winner around one guy no matter how good he is. I hope KD is paying attention.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Process of elimination. You can only get so many pmayers from the draft, the rest have to come in via the trades or FA. The question is not whether or not a GA will play, but do they come with a premium like us getting Campbell way back when, or do we get a discount like Hoss. I think that depends on whether or not we're in the cellar like now, or on the uptick.

As for the draft, the odds are what they are. The bottom team always has the greatest odds of picking third, but they also have the best odds of picking 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. I am not going to sweat it too much. Bedard would be a haul, but Fantilli doesn't soubd too bad, either. Bedard might accellerate the rebuild, Fantilli keeps it on track.

Either would not complete it. Our back end is a clusterfuck of Mongolian proportions, and even with Korch, we'll still need more. Edmonton proved you can't build a winner around one guy no matter how good he is. I hope KD is paying attention.
I mentioned to diehard, Fantilli keeps the rebuild moving at a slower pace where as Bedard would accelerate the build as well. 3 years is all you get with a player like Bedard then your opening up that pocketbook and get ready to pay.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I don't think this team is anywhere near the playoffs in the next five years and that's if they luck into Bedard. This team has nothing in the minors outside of one guy who might be a top six but is better projected as a top nine forward and three defenseman two of which project to be defensive defenseman.

They have to not only hit on every high draft pick, they have to hit on every mid round draft pick. It's not gonna happen.

This is where Blowman and Kelly crippled this team. Instead of drafting value with mid round picks they pulled the whole smartest guy in the room bit and wasted draft picks by picking guys nobody else has on their radar.

Getting Bedard would be amazing, but your looking at at least seven years and hitting on every high first round picks for this team to be a playoff contender, and the jury is out if KD isn't anything more then Blowman at this point.

The best scenario for a fast rebuild is winning the lottery and Bedard saying he doesn't want to play for the Hawks. After watching the shit Bedard has done in the world's that first overall pick has more value then anything or anybody in the NHL

Granada

Liked Posts:
Jack Johnson like the entire team are counting down the games until the golf season begin. It’s such a brutal and embarrassing situation currently in Chicago. It’s only going to get worse, we all knew hard times were ahead after the three cups, but our GM made it worse than it had to be.
Granada I keep reading everywhere and yes I take it with a grain of salt, and about how Arizona has there new arena coming and how a player like Bedard would sell the game there, and we all damn well know the Coyotes are Bettmans baby, it seems rather reminiscent of Pittsburgh when they won the Crosby sweepstakes. That combined with rumours of the league using the Hawks draft position as a punishment for embarrassing the league with the Kyle Beach sexual abuse case. Yes, I am one those that truly believe this team needs to win that lottery but the odds are stacked against them. I tried watching the game the other night and it was so bad I didn’t manage a period.
I've been there (in regard to the bolded) this year. If you watch more than two periods of this "team" on any given night, you should get an award or something.

Bedard in Arizona would make a lot of sense, unfortunately. It's funny, so many experts were dogging the Yotes moving to the college arena and Bettman's need to keep the team in AZ -- well, that was the exact right move, so far anyway. They're more popular than ever, or at least since early 00's; and the atmosphere is supposedly unreal there. I'm glad, I'd like to see the team stay in Arizona; I was a soft Yotes fan after Roenick went there back in the day, love those Kachina jerseys too.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Life without P. Kane! Yep got a taste of it vs ARIZ. and just a glimpse of what that PP would be like, just take Tazer, Domi and AA out of the equation and you basically will have a PP of Rayddash, SJ, Tyler J, L Reichel, and insert here other player. So like someone else here said get ready for the worst yet to come.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Batshit crazy it's 3-3. Especially without Kane.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230108_192823_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230108_192823_Firefox.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 3

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They need to trade Stallock early and not wait for deadline.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Imagine that another home win. Only 3 of the sparse 10 wins have been on the road.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Will say Reichel has looked like the best player for the Hawks on the ice in the last 2 games. Be fun to see him with Kaner. He has looked real good with Domi

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've been there (in regard to the bolded) this year. If you watch more than two periods of this "team" on any given night, you should get an award or something.

Bedard in Arizona would make a lot of sense, unfortunately. It's funny, so many experts were dogging the Yotes moving to the college arena and Bettman's need to keep the team in AZ -- well, that was the exact right move, so far anyway. They're more popular than ever, or at least since early 00's; and the atmosphere is supposedly unreal there. I'm glad, I'd like to see the team stay in Arizona; I was a soft Yotes fan after Roenick went there back in the day, love those Kachina jerseys too.
I’m finishing up my masters and my capstone project is moving Arizona to Atlanta. Arizona organization is a dumpster fire, and they need to be out of Arizona and somewhere we’re hockey is already established. I was bias in picking in Atlanta metro area since that is where my sons play hockey despite pro hockey relocating twice from Atlanta.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I’m finishing up my masters and my capstone project is moving Arizona to Atlanta. Arizona organization is a dumpster fire, and they need to be out of Arizona and somewhere we’re hockey is already established. I was bias in picking in Atlanta metro area since that is where my sons play hockey despite pro hockey relocating twice from Atlanta.
Yeah I have to say that Atlanta would not be a good choice, lol. Like you said, failed twice there already with the Flames and Thrashers. Has an NHL team ever relocated to an area three times? I want to say no. Seems like twice is the most (Winnipeg, Minny, etc.), but maybe I'm wrong.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah I have to say that Atlanta would not be a good choice, lol. Like you said, failed twice there already with the Flames and Thrashers. Has an NHL team ever relocated to an area three times? I want to say no. Seems like twice is the most (Winnipeg, Minny, etc.), but maybe I'm wrong.
It’s crazy that the Thrashers failed. Youth hockey is really big in metro Atlanta. Ownership was pretty crappy from what I found out. I know Anson Carter was trying to bring it back and there was talk at the rinks about Arizona relocating to Atlanta. I haven’t heard much about it lately though. Carter did buy the ECHL team in Duluth who happens to be a Coyotes affiliate. I doubt Atlanta gets another team, but the right ownership it could be successful.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Anyone seen him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone seen him?
Eastside Hockey game projected as horrible so I traded him for another prospect and 4th rder as I did with Seney aswel. Also while on that note I have takers for Seth Jones and his massive contract and teams will give me a couple of 2nds and 4th for him. So will be trading him soon, I'm cleaning house!! but realizing by playing this game with Hawks roster that their really isn't much there for prospects and decent returns on the guys we have now!

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone seen him?
I watched him when the Hogs were on NHLN. He was noticeable in a good way had a few chances and goalie just beat him. Guy is intriguing looks to be a middle 6 that can kill penalties. Could be a Hagel type of guy as a ceiling

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Go Hawks rawr