Blackhawks 2022-23 SEASON THREAD

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Absolutely disgusting goal by AA tonight had no idea he had that in him.

Looks like first shoot out of the season

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Even with them stealing points, they are only a few points out from drafting in the top 5 in theory. Parity rules in the NHL and early on a win can result in you leapfrogging half the league.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want a top 2 pick bad, but fine with the boys showing they aren’t that far off for now and have a little fun.

Arizona started hot last year. Plenty of time left to suck.

Seth Jones and Mazrek are already out but Stolock and Soderblom looked too good to cooperate.

I have a feeling Seth Jones injury will rattle the back end.
We find out more about who can play at the least.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I swear to the gods if they steal another thing tonight I'm going to give up

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Nah the honeymoon is over.

Now your seeing the weakness of the roster and that the Laffertys, Dickinsons, etc just aren’t pieces on a playoff contender let alone a cup one.

This team has been getting elite level goaltending and that’s the gods honest truth about the win streak.

If they didn’t call up Reichel when TJ went down or give Korchinski his nine when Jones went down, the hawks are in tank mode.

I also think if the hawks kept on winning KD would have started trading guys left and right.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah the honeymoon is over.

Now your seeing the weakness of the roster and that the Laffertys, Dickinsons, etc just aren’t pieces on a playoff contender let alone a cup one.

This team has been getting elite level goaltending and that’s the gods honest truth about the win streak.

If they didn’t call up Reichel when TJ went down or give Korchinski his nine when Jones went down, the hawks are in tank mode.

I also think if the hawks kept on winning KD would have started trading guys left and right.
Can't call up Korchinski he's in CHL Junior and had to be with the club at the start of season(even if not playing) for his nine games, once he gets sent to Jr he's there for the rest of the season or till his team is eliminated from playoff. Or I believe can be called on an emergency basis? But that situation was not a emergency basis.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Looks like Stalock is in concussion protocol.

Mrazek and Jones to IR

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hey Mass, wipe off that grin!!! LOL That post sounded way too happy.
Actually it wasn't. We need our young goalies to play as much as possible. Now we're getting into the territory of having guys on the roster with no NHL shot. I want Stalock and shrlarakhdtbloom to get as much time as possible to see if we can find a bona fide backup for the coming years and maybe slip into a starter. The added bonus of that would then also still be them losing a lot of games. I know I'm staying the course with the tank but I really don't want that to be confused with the fact that every game they lose is still killing me a little inside because they've been allowed to sink this far. As someone who's been through pre and post dollar bill era I hate to see them slink back to it but it's the only way to get out of the celler in modern sports these days.

PS: Plus if you are going to pay and give up as much as you did for Jones I think he should be on the ice and showing all of these young defense men exactly what they need to do to have a long NHL career

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
FFS

Petr Mrazek participated in the morning skate and is close to returning from his groin injury, but he might not be available until next week. Prospect Jaxson Stauber also is unavailable after taking a puck to the eye during a recent Rockford game.

Dylan Wells, a minor-league journeyman with an .862 save percentage in three appearances for Rockford this season, and Mitchell Weeks, an undrafted rookie whose entire pro experience consists of four ECHL games, are the only other goalies in the organization. Neither is currently signed to an NHL contract, but that could change — or the Hawks could look elsewhere around the AHL for a goalie to poach.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LA gonna beat the Hawks like Rodney King!

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Soderblom was on another level.

This team has been getting such great goaltending to the point that most of the goals they’ve been giving up are either on the defense or shots they had no chance in stopping.

If soderblom could work on his rebound control your looking at minimum a backup in the future.

And I’m not a fan of this Lafferty/Dickinson bullshit in OT. Get either Kane or Toews out there to start and end that shit before it goes to a shootout because there’s no way the hawks can win shootouts with that roster outside of luck.

Granada

Liked Posts:
And I’m not a fan of this Lafferty/Dickinson bullshit in OT. Get either Kane or Toews out there to start and end that shit before it goes to a shootout because there’s no way the hawks can win shootouts with that roster outside of luck.
But if you want the Hawks to tank, it's genius, lol.

I've been saying it all year, and other than when he got absolutely schooled by McDavid a few games ago, this is the best I've ever seen McCabe look. I honestly can't believe the difference between this year and last.

That fight with Khaira and Lemieux was pretty hilarious.

I fucking hate Drew Doughty and I always will. Just the guy's personality on the ice; I just want to see someone punch that stupid expression off his face. That's why I love whenever he plays against Matthew Tkachuk.

After Troy or Vosters mentioned Quick on the last year of his deal, I couldn't help but think that maybe he signs with the Hawks next year for one year, assuming Mrazek walks or is traded.

I find myself torn every game I watch this year. I seriously go back and forth as to whether or not I want them to lose; it's harder to root for a tank than I thought.

On an unrelated note, those Tampa uniforms last night...I haven't seen jerseys that bad since the Blues/Ducks thirds in the 90's. And those Buffalo ones the night before were bad too, with the all white shorts and no contrast with the all white jersey, they looked like they were wearing fucking long-johns or something.

KBIB

Liked Posts:

I've been saying it all year, and other than when he got absolutely schooled by McDavid a few games ago, this is the best I've ever seen McCabe look. I honestly can't believe the difference between this year and last.

I fucking hate Drew Doughty and I always will. Just the guy's personality on the ice; I just want to see someone punch that stupid expression off his face. That's why I love whenever he plays against Matthew Tkachuk.

After Troy or Vosters mentioned Quick on the last year of his deal, I couldn't help but think that maybe he signs with the Hawks next year for one year, assuming Mrazek walks or is traded.

I find myself torn every game I watch this year. I seriously go back and forth as to whether or not I want them to lose; it's harder to root for a tank than I thought.

On an unrelated note, those Tampa uniforms last night...I haven't seen jerseys that bad since the Blues/Ducks thirds in the 90's. And those Buffalo ones the night before were bad too, with the all white shorts and no contrast with the all white jersey, they looked like they were wearing fucking long-johns or something.
Well I’m gonna stick up for McCabe. The guy was injured last year on top of coming back from a serious knee injury. I’m not upset he gets turnstiled by McDavid, everyone does, but he’s look great so far this year. He does have moments where he’s out of position and he’s had a couple bad reads, but he’s trying to push offense and you can’t blame him.

And if what the chat rats are saying is true, that Connor Murphy has a first round value, why is he still on the team?

I don’t get it, are they tanking or are they trying to make it to a first round sweep?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Well I’m gonna stick up for McCabe. The guy was injured last year on top of coming back from a serious knee injury. I’m not upset he gets turnstiled by McDavid, everyone does, but he’s look great so far this year. He does have moments where he’s out of position and he’s had a couple bad reads, but he’s trying to push offense and you can’t blame him.

And if what the chat rats are saying is true, that Connor Murphy has a first round value, why is he still on the team?

I don’t get it, are they tanking or are they trying to make it to a first round sweep?
I'm not sure about Murphy, but I'll say this about the players: they don't give a shit about the rebuild, and I can't necessarily blame them. If anything, that's only fueled them to prove the critics wrong and that is why they are exceeding expectations right now. Just because the GM wants to tank -- which he certainly does -- doesn't mean the players and the coaches will oblige, even if we the fans want them to.

The good thing -- for those who want a rebuild -- is that, if this trend continues, Davidson will surely start shipping guys out the minute he has the slightest justification (i.e. a 3-game losing streak, etc.). He's shown to be ruthless in that respect. Davidson still can control the fate of this team, regardless of if the players/coaches are on board with him or not.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure about Murphy, but I'll say this about the players: they don't give a shit about the rebuild, and I can't necessarily blame them. If anything, that's only fueled them to prove the critics wrong and that is why they are exceeding expectations right now. Just because the GM wants to tank -- which he certainly does -- doesn't mean the players and the coaches will oblige, even if we the fans want them to.

The good thing -- for those who want a rebuild -- is that, if this trend continues, Davidson will surely start shipping guys out the minute he has the slightest justification (i.e. a 3-game losing streak, etc.). He's shown to be ruthless in that respect. Davidson still can control the fate of this team, regardless of if the players/coaches are on board with him or not.
Yup these wins might be doing any favors for next draft but over achieving players will prob be targeted before the deadline especially if this trend continues

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

I never would have thought going into the season that they might be able to trade Mrazek at the deadline without putting a cardboard cutout in net but if those guys keep it up and continue to at least be a reasonable option he might be a nice option for someone. Unfortunately it's still as a backup unless their is a major goalie injury. And you are going to get much for a backup goalie for a playoff run.