Blackhawks 2022-23 SEASON THREAD

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks radio still running the "every goal or assist by Kane or Toews...." ad.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great game last night.

TJ, Athanasou, Domi get on the points and we lose. (The final pieces to move plus Stallock)

I think it might take an own goal to lose the next one against zona though.

If we don't get the 24% slot when we had pole position AND that slot wins at ping pong I'm going to be livid about this trade deadline.

Not only did Davidson wait too long and ask too much when we had too many guys to move to play around, but he pissed off the group and iced a solid veteran unit that tore up 5 games with a hot goaltender.

I guess we are stuck with TJ because no more cap eating slots?

Barring those sad things I mentioned I'm fine with GM deadline moves, think we have a great future, and realize Kane and Toews did him no favors and looked out for themselves. He had a junk hand and actually is coming out with flowers.

However, if history decided this cost us Bedard, by not selling these guys much earlier just to keep losing...and we got flowers instead of a Ferrari ..

I am kinda pissed about it. If Kane and Domi and McCabe and Lafferty were traded last month we would have a 25% chance at Bedard.

3/4 chance that's not a good thing, but if we get any more points we have less than 5% chance.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great game last night.

TJ, Athanasou, Domi get on the points and we lose. (The final pieces to move plus Stallock)

I think it might take an own goal to lose the next one against zona though.

If we don't get the 24% slot when we had pole position AND that slot wins at ping pong I'm going to be livid about this trade deadline.

Not only did Davidson wait too long and ask too much when we had too many guys to move to play around, but he pissed off the group and iced a solid veteran unit that tore up 5 games with a hot goaltender.

I guess we are stuck with TJ because no more cap eating slots?

Barring those sad things I mentioned I'm fine with GM deadline moves, think we have a great future, and realize Kane and Toews did him no favors and looked out for themselves. He had a junk hand and actually is coming out with flowers.

However, if history decided this cost us Bedard, by not selling these guys much earlier just to keep losing...and we got flowers instead of a Ferrari ..

I am kinda pissed about it. If Kane and Domi and McCabe and Lafferty were traded last month we would have a 25% chance at Bedard.

3/4 chance that's not a good thing, but if we get any more points we have less than 5% chance.
You couldn't trade Mc Cabe and Lafferty last month, cause if it was only Toronto really in on him or another full cap team(maybe Edmonton but their on full cap aswell), they didn't have the space! most teams are only getting space now because of LITR and there is a lot now that are making room or they thought prices would drop and teams are staying the course. Toronto still has trouble now by just getting these two guys they need a IR to help them out even more. I just love how these deals upto the deadline have really screwed over TDL shows on fri, when most of the big deals are done only one left is Kane and that's not a secret unless Chicago chooses to balk cause their not getting enough.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You couldn't trade Mc Cabe and Lafferty last month, cause if it was only Toronto really in on him or another full cap team(maybe Edmonton but their on full cap aswell), they didn't have the space! most teams are only getting space now because of LITR and there is a lot now that are making room or they thought prices would drop and teams are staying the course. Toronto still has trouble now by just getting these two guys they need a IR to help them out even more. I just love how these deals upto the deadline have really screwed over TDL shows on fri, when most of the big deals are done only one left is Kane and that's not a secret unless Chicago chooses to balk cause their not getting enough.

Everyone will tune into that one though.

Domi and Athanasou are coaches picked guys so if they stay I wouldn't be shocked. But them, the goalies, and about 15,000,000, maybe Dach 2.0... but why sell low on a physical specimen?

I don't think we are done. Domi at 3,000,000 is a bit much for a contender at this point but could be a nice consolation prize to those in on Boeser, go in a three team with Kane.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, keep Dach as long as you can and hope he makes the league. That will be a strong reason for the other Dach to return as a free agent.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'll tell you what though that Anthanasiou pp goal last night was really nice.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to copy the whole article here but for once ESPN has started putting out something that is recognizable as hockey journalism. I'm sure it has nothing to do with having an NHL broadcast contract with them.

I agree with a lot of this, and it's depressing to not see it happening here. Cliff notes
  1. Stick to the plan
  2. Be honest in assessing what you are
  3. Quality over quantity
  4. Get coaches to pump before the dump
  5. Be judicious with first-round picks
  6. 'Hey, look at this shiny new thing'
  7. Stop trading with the Colorado Avalanche "Seriously. Just stop. You're not going to win these trades. General manager Chris MacFarland is too smart."
  8. The 'rings in the room' cliché
  9. Don't aim for fleecing
  10. Finally, get ahead of it ... or wait until summer

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Also, hadn't realized this...

First off, let's just be happy the Toronto GM Kyle Dubas and Chicago GM Kyle Davidson have put all of last year's unpleasantness behind them to do business at the trade deadline. Please recall Dubas was "disappointed" that discussions about the Leafs potentially acquiring Marc-Andre Fleury and Brandon Hagel were made public. The Kyles hashed things out at last year's draft, and it was "trade on!" this winter.

I don't remember this, but the dude had barely been on the job and that's about as rookie a mistake as you can get.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
They get a second and a damn fourth for Kane.

What a joke of a GM

Granada

Liked Posts:
I can't believe people are bitching about this. What do you expect when Kane hamstrings the GM and says he will only go to one team, a week before the deadline? Honestly, I'm surprised he was able to get a conditional pick that might turn into a number one instead of just a solid two. This isn't Playstation.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
They get a second and a damn fourth for Kane.

What a joke of a GM
lol the hawks had no leverage here, Kane said he only will go to the rangers means there is no bidding war going on.. add in the fact that the Rangers know the Hawks are actually trying to not win games here i'm surprised they got a conditional 1st for him

Granada

Liked Posts:
lol the hawks had no leverage here, Kane said he only will go to the rangers means there is no bidding war going on.. add in the fact that the Rangers know the Hawks are actually trying to not win games here i'm surprised they got a conditional 1st for him
Exactly. It was either this, or letting him walk for nothing, which the complainers would have really loved, I'm sure. Don't worry, that will probably happen with Toews now. So instead of losing both Toews and Kane for absolutely nothing, people should be glad Davidson was able to get at least something for Kane.

If people want to talk about this somehow being "Bowman-like," being Bowman-like would have been re-signing Kane to 3-4 years. This is nothing like that.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
In honor of one of my favorite blackhawk moments I give you:

I was at a sports bar and for like 5 seconds nobody realized he scored. Then the place wents nuts

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly. It was either this, or letting him walk for nothing, which the complainers would have really loved, I'm sure. Don't worry, that will probably happen with Toews now. So instead of losing both Toews and Kane for absolutely nothing, people should be glad Davidson was able to get at least something for Kane.

If people want to talk about this somehow being "Bowman-like," being Bowman-like would have been re-signing Kane to 3-4 years. This is nothing like that.
Spot on. I wish the return was better but I think KD had no leverage and made the best of a bad situation.

I'll miss Kane...I mean, who won't? Maybe cabbies (I kid!), but realistically we could have done a LOT worse.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
They got a conditional second for him when the east is going to be a dog fight this year. What are the odds the Rangers make it that far with their defense? 10%? If you look at the stats the Rangers don’t really have a problem scoring.

And if the rumors that the return was higher before the Tarasenko trade are true this falls squarely on Bowmanson and his failure to react with pressuring Kane to make a quicker decision falls directly on him. This whole “Bowmanson had no leverage” drivel is self administered.

You are looking at a ten year rebuild considering outside of four players the Hawks have a shitty farm system no matter what the pundits think the Hawks have and none of those players will be super stars which is what you need a couple of in this day and age in the nhl.

Bill Wash once said that the Bears were replacing superstars with very good players and that was a recipe for mediocrity. And unless you are getting Bedard, your doing the exact same thing here.

Embarrassing

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
They got a conditional second for him when the east is going to be a dog fight this year. What are the odds the Rangers make it that far with their defense? 10%? If you look at the stats the Rangers don’t really have a problem scoring.

And if the rumors that the return was higher before the Tarasenko trade are true this falls squarely on Bowmanson and his failure to react with pressuring Kane to make a quicker decision falls directly on him. This whole “Bowmanson had no leverage” drivel is self administered.

You are looking at a ten year rebuild considering outside of four players the Hawks have a shitty farm system no matter what the pundits think the Hawks have and none of those players will be super stars which is what you need a couple of in this day and age in the nhl.

Bill Wash once said that the Bears were replacing superstars with very good players and that was a recipe for mediocrity. And unless you are getting Bedard, your doing the exact same thing here.

Embarrassing
Do you not understand how the no trade clause works? Its 100% up to Kane on if and where he gets traded.. but yeah lets blame the current GM..

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Do you not understand how the no trade clause works? Its 100% up to Kane on if and where he gets traded.. but yeah lets blame the current GM..
Do you not understand Bowmanson had almost a year to trade Kane?

Also, Kane didn’t have a no trade clause, he had a no movement clause. It was also Bowmanson pushing things back every month telling the media he hadn’t even talked to Kane about a trade. That, is the problem.

This paltry return falls on “the new GM” who just so happens to have been with this organization since 2012 in an executive position and has been an assistant GM since 2018.

If the goal is to bottom out, there were ample opportunities to trade Kane at the draft and Toews during the season. He chose not to believing at the deadline their prices would sky rocket.

They obviously didn’t.

Now, you can go on bleating about “leverage” and “at least it’s something” all you want, but I see a organization that held onto two of their greatest players for no other reason then to sell tickets until they had to move them, and it reeks of Wirtz’s being Wirtz’s.

And you can go on about draft picks but unless you actually hit on those draft picks you did nothing but scratch off a losing lottery ticket.

Low first rounders in any draft outside of this year aren’t anything better then a third round pick this year.

Oh wait….once the Hawks started this miserable rebuild i actually started studying the next few drafts until 2026. And I can tell you none of those first round picks will amount to anything better then the lottery picks the Hawks will have. I would rather have the second round pick this year then a first rounder in 24.

You will see when it’s 2027 and this team is still dog piss unless they hit on every single pick this year. Just wait

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was no secret that Kane prefered to go to NY to play with his buddy, the Breadman. It's not exactly headline news and it's been that way for months. The Blues moved a lesser player with the near identical scenario as Kane for a better return. Why? The rookie GM in Chicago kept playing up the fact he would do everything in his power to keep Kane happy for what he did here. If he was my GM, he'd be launched the next day. As much as I liked Kaner, it's obvious his days in Chicago were coming to a close.....time for your GM to start improving the team that's paying his salary. Fuck keeping the guy you're moving happy. So while he's jerking around trying to keep old news happy....an experienced GM like Armstrong got a good read on the market place and made his move getting rid of Tarasenko leaving only table scraps left for the Rangers to deal. Leverage had little to do with this. An inexperienced rookie GM ended up getting played....a GM that got the majority of his GM knowledge from fucking Bowman. Hawk fans better just hope and pray this clown can draft. Hiring a GM in house, particularly this house, was a terrible decision.