Blackhawks 2022-23 SEASON THREAD

Granada

Liked Posts:
Anyone got projections for who they think the pick for the Hawks will be if they get spots 1-5. I assume 1 is obvious but where to from there based on need and odds of others to jump us.
Any team that doesn't pick Bedard at 1 (or at the very slim chance he falls, at 2) spot is insane, including the Hawks. I mean this team needs everything, so I'd guess the Hawks would go with the general consensus regardless of position: Bedard at 1, Fantilli at 2, and either Michov or Carlsson at 3. Michov is scary though because of the Russia situation, so he might fall. Not sure about 5.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Any team that doesn't pick Bedard at 1 (or at the very slim chance he falls, at 2) spot is insane, including the Hawks. I mean this team needs everything, so I'd guess the Hawks would go with the general consensus regardless of position: Bedard at 1, Fantilli at 2, and either Michov or Carlsson at 3. Michov is scary though because of the Russia situation, so he might fall. Not sure about 5.
Yeah I just assume Bedard at 1 no matter who, I'm thinking if we don't get one. Then what. I see Fantilli mentioned at 2. We're a team that takes anyone at any position. If other teams jump us somehow maybe things shake up cause of position of need was my thought.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Official 3 way tie for last place right now.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Vosters openly reminding people Hawks are tanking. Checks in on Columbus score. Tells everyone they picked up a point in OT

"Blue jackets now have 57 points, Hawks 56"

Literally 4 seconds later hawks score to take 2-1 lead with little over 9 to go. First NHL goal for Buddy Robinson

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Come back from Break. Reminds everyone penguins trying for a playoff spot. AA immediately scores 912 to go

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is team Dumbfuck. Let's win a meaningless game in April now....so that we will be playing meaningless April games for the next 4 or 5 years.

Asswipes are gonna get what they deserve......

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is team Dumbfuck. Let's win a meaningless game in April now....so that we will be playing meaningless April games for the next 4 or 5 years.

Asswipes are gonna get what they deserve......
I don't 100% disagree, but the tank job is on the management. It's not on the players. A guy like AA is not going to be on the 'hawks by the time they're ready to compete again so why should he pull a Chick Glandil? If anything, the players are trying mto pay for their next paycheck. It was on KD to assemble a squad that would lose most nights, and they have.

Then, if we go to the Tale of the Tape™, He hasn't done that bad of a job. Looking at the game in a vacuum, we started Mrazek: A goalie who has been the 2nd worst 'hawk tender since 2006 with 39 or more games played--a guy who is statistically worse than Huet. And yet, the Pens who are fighting for a playoff slot, choke like they are sucking on Bettman's dick.

I'm pissed as well, but mostly at the Penguins. Crosby had his chance to be a leader and blew it, and he and his cohorts got booed out of their stadium, and rightfully so. As if I needed another reason to hate the pens.

Plus it helps to remember that position only means odds, not actual draft position. It also helps that even though Bedard is far and away the best guy in the draft, he's not the only potential franchise guy there.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well as it stands now anywhere from 3 to 5

Granada

Liked Posts:
Guys, the team doesn't give a shit about the tank. They're trying (legitimately) to win every game.

Management set this team up the best it could to tank. It is what it is. Yeah, I wish they lost too, but so be it.

I actually like that we knocked out Pitt from the playoffs. Fuck them. I'd rather they lost, but that is a silver lining.

Also, you know there's still a chance they finish last, right? Columbus just needs to win and they need to lose their last game. CBJ has a game in hand too.

Also, finishing last give you the best odds for 1st, but it doesn't guarantee it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
There is no silver lining if they don’t land a franchise player

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Hawks tie things up Blackhawks might not get a top 5 pick but silver lining toews gets a good going away party ????? ?‍♂️

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
LOLOLOLOLOLOL! BWAHAWAHAHAHAHAH!

CBJ just pulled a Houston Texans and won, come on over Bedard! Woot-woop!