Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What has gotten into this team the past few games?

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
The Hawks have had elite goaltending.

Stalock has been ridiculous. The guy will let in a bad goal then go on and make a ton of impossible saves. He is the MVP thru this current village burning.

KD wants compete, well guess what, you wanted this tank year but forgot there’s a bunch of vets here with compete.

TJ injured once again. It’s time to call up Reichel and his 1.5 ppg.

I say ride this out until the wheels fall off. This team is fun to watch but that stadium announcer needs to go. The whole soccer goal call in hockey is a really stupid look.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Stalock has been ridiculous. The guy will let in a bad goal then go on and make a ton of impossible saves. He is the MVP thru this current village burning.

KD wants compete, well guess what, you wanted this tank year but forgot there’s a bunch of vets here with compete.

I say ride this out until the wheels fall off. This team is fun to watch but that stadium announcer needs to go. The whole soccer goal call in hockey is a really stupid look.

Oh! That's what I was hearing.
Was listening on radio while I was at work.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team is fun to watch but that stadium announcer needs to go. The whole soccer goal call in hockey is a really stupid look.

Yeah, that guy is brutal. What happened to Honda?

Granada

Liked Posts:

Yeah, what the hell was with the Kane goal call? I assume they were only doing that because it was Mexican Heritage Night (or Month, whatever), but maybe I'm wrong. I could barely hear it so I just assumed the dude was speaking Spanish or something. Or maybe he was doing an auctioneer sort of thing?

And why has the sound gotten worse on the broadcasts? I mean I get it, the building isn't as full anymore, but there's no way it was that quiet during the Anthem. Maybe they're doing that to mask how few people are there?

Anyways, Stalock has been huge but Murph and McCabe actually look like NHL'ers again. McCabe had an absolutely clutch shot-block and clear at the end when Florida had the goalie pulled. The players who looked like shit last year look good again. You can attribute that to the new coach/system or the fact that this entire team has a chip on their shoulder since they were labeled cellar-dwellers before the season even began, or both. And Jack Johnson -- this dude looks really solid on the back end; I was expecting him to look a lot worse on a shit team, but he's been good.

This game was just insane all around for the simple fact that, the Blackhawks actually looked like they belonged on the same ice as Florida. There were even moments were the Hawks had them on their heels. Who the hell expected that this year?

And once again, this team didn't take any shit on the ice. Domi was getting facewashed by Gudas -- last year, there would have barely been a response to something like this, but this year, Tinordi skates right in and grabs Gudas, and he's followed by 3-4 Hawks who all got in there to defend Domi. I fucking love it.

Lastly, that was some garbage officiating. Missing one too-many-men penalty in the game is bad enough, but two? Let alone all the missed Panther penalties.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Yeah, what the hell was with the Kane goal call? I assume they were only doing that because it was Mexican Heritage Night (or Month, whatever), but maybe I'm wrong. I could barely hear it so I just assumed the dude was speaking Spanish or something. Or maybe he was doing an auctioneer sort of thing?

And why has the sound gotten worse on the broadcasts? I mean I get it, the building isn't as full anymore, but there's no way it was that quiet during the Anthem. Maybe they're doing that to mask how few people are there?

Anyways, Stalock has been huge but Murph and McCabe actually look like NHL'ers again. McCabe had an absolutely clutch shot-block and clear at the end when Florida had the goalie pulled. The players who looked like shit last year look good again. You can attribute that to the new coach/system or the fact that this entire team has a chip on their shoulder since they were labeled cellar-dwellers before the season even began, or both. And Jack Johnson -- this dude looks really solid on the back end; I was expecting him to look a lot worse on a shit team, but he's been good.

This game was just insane all around for the simple fact that, the Blackhawks actually looked like they belonged on the same ice as Florida. There were even moments were the Hawks had them on their heels. Who the hell expected that this year?

And once again, this team didn't take any shit on the ice. Domi was getting facewashed by Gudas -- last year, there would have barely been a response to something like this, but this year, Tinordi skates right in and grabs Gudas, and he's followed by 3-4 Hawks who all got in there to defend Domi. I fucking love it.

Lastly, that was some garbage officiating. Missing one too-many-men penalty in the game is bad enough, but two? Let alone all the missed Panther penalties.
I’m never one to criticize officials, but it really did seem like they were looking one way yesterday. One of those too many men calls were blatant.

If this team has a chip on its shoulder, good. I like this whole Mucker/grindy type of game they’re playing. All the podcasters are saying this is unsustainable and they’re probably right, but I’m enjoying it.

And while everyone is complaining about the tank, one person put it in perspective;

The Hawks have two first round picks next year and two in 2024, if, and it’s a huge if, they actually keep this level of play up, they have enough chips right now to get into the top five next year. Hell, they need to get into the top seven.

The Oilers will be a good test tomorrow. Stalock has been ridiculous and I’m eager to see how this defense fairs against McDavid

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Holy shit second game in a row that I've turned it off and they've come back to win

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit second game in a row that I've turned it off and they've come back to win
This post seems a couple games behind?

4 game win streak. Hawks took it to the formidable Panthers early and finished it well.

If we can go toe to toe and frustrate that team we can stand up against anyone.

Bearsy555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawks might just be too good to tank boys

Last edited by a moderator:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Good to see them not floppy fish. But it you're going to blow it don't steal a point

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck yeah!
Trade everybody and play the rest of the season with a bunch of goons!
Raaawwwrrr!!!