Blackhawks 2022-23 SEASON THREAD

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's hard to even want to put the game on knowing they're in full tank mode now with the deadline over with not much prospects to winning and so many new guys I can't even figure out who's going to be around still next year

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's hard to even want to put the game on knowing they're in full tank mode now with the deadline over with not much prospects to winning and so many new guys I can't even figure out who's going to be around still next year
Seth Jones has a goal.
I've heard of him.

Granada

Liked Posts:
So this was interesting. Haven't been watching these but might have to start. I've never really seen an in-depth look like this as far how any deadline trade goes, let alone the one for Kane. You forget that these guys are on the road doing this stuff. Also, Kaner looks like King Kong next to Davidson; never realized the dude was that short.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So this was interesting. Haven't been watching these but might have to start. I've never really seen an in-depth look like this as far how any deadline trade goes, let alone the one for Kane. You forget that these guys are on the road doing this stuff. Also, Kaner looks like King Kong next to Davidson; never realized the dude was that short.

I watched the Patrick Kane part as part of the pregame but not the whole episode. I'm still not impressed with Davidson, maybe even less so after that. He just doesn't seem like a confident guy. I know the cameras are on and we can't see everything but he just doesn't feel like a closer.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5 goals in one goddamn game.
Fuck this shit!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Hold on

Reichel has a ton of speed and skill

I’m sure Bowmanson is wondering how many draft picks he can get for him….

Granada

Liked Posts:
I watched the Patrick Kane part as part of the pregame but not the whole episode. I'm still not impressed with Davidson, maybe even less so after that. He just doesn't seem like a confident guy. I know the cameras are on and we can't see everything but he just doesn't feel like a closer.
At the end of the day, he did get it done and he got something for him after being hamstrung and limited to one team. I'll take it. It was never an option for Davidson to re-sign Kane (or Toews, as we'll see). A trade was the only route whether the return was ideal or not; re-signing either instead of getting anything for them would have been beyond asinine.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
There’s so many ppl on hockey Twitter who think Kane’s coming back even when the organization put that nail in the coffin.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There’s so many ppl on hockey Twitter who think Kane’s coming back even when the organization put that nail in the coffin.
I could see them bringing back Max Domi and probably to a multi year deal although I'd only give him 2yrs. Kaner would be more of a draw again for ticket sales and the almighty Wirtz Dolla in merch! and depending on how the team looks and how far he gets in the big apple, I suppose it's a possibility (need to reach the cap floor and what kind of $$ is it gonna be)

Granada

Liked Posts:
I could see them bringing back Max Domi and probably to a multi year deal although I'd only give him 2yrs. Kaner would be more of a draw again for ticket sales and the almighty Wirtz Dolla in merch! and depending on how the team looks and how far he gets in the big apple, I suppose it's a possibility (need to reach the cap floor and what kind of $$ is it gonna be)
I could see Domi coming back because he likes Richardson, but I'm not sure he would agree to just 2 years. I would imagine he would want some long-term stability. I would also assume he would want a substantial raise over the 3 million he initially signed for -- at that point, is it even worth it? We have to remember that this team will be garbage for at least the next 3 years if not longer.

If I had to bet on it though, I would bet against him coming back, especially if he has a strong playoffs with Dallas. The guy is 28 -- this is pretty much his last chance to sign a big, long-term contract to set himself for life. In my view, he'd be stupid to come back without testing free agency first.

Kane -- he's never coming back, nor should he.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I don’t know if they bring back Domi. He’s going to want to get paid and would probably ask for a no trade.

Seriously the Hawks need to just get a team full of goons for the next two years and ride out the bad while bringing up the kids slowly.

We can win the wars but lose the games until this team gets enough elite talent to contend.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On another board I did a quick calc...meaning I looked it up on CapFriendly, but taking who we have on the roster guaranteed next season, plus dead cap, and subtracting that from the cap floor limit, we'll need to fill the roster with about 1.1M per player, assuming we run 13F, 7D, and 3G. If we don't have the spares the amount per player goes up. I'd like to see some of the long-time prospects get some icetime who haven't received much yet, think Vlassic. I'd also like to see if some of the recent picks can earn a spot next season, like Korch or Allen--not to mention keeping Reichel up.

All of the prospects make sub-1M, so we'll *have* to bring in cap. We got a ton to weaponize. I can see the 'hawks doing that; taking a contract off someone's hands to reach the floor along with picks or prospects. I'd prefer not a defenseman; we got Zaitsev, Jones, and Murph being cap ballast there. But we could take on an overpaid netminder or a couple of forwards.

We need to be mindful that in a rebuild the new guys have to start taking over at some point. I don't think Kaner would fit that mold. He might, if he wants to be a mentor, but I don't think he'd want to be. Toews? Maybe--assuming he doesn't retire and he come back on a short term deal at market value--and I think he hangs them up. To @KBIB 's point. The contracts we need to acquire to achieve the cap floor need to be movable, so anyone looking for a clause or duration has to be given a miss; we already got those with Murph and Jones.

An interesting idea I heard was taking Seabrook's deal back. He wouldn't play of course, but The Lightning don't have much cap wiggle room next year. Might be an option.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Question to the higher ups here;

Do I make a draft thread or just keep everything here? @MassHavoc

KBIB

Liked Posts:
On another board I did a quick calc...meaning I looked it up on CapFriendly, but taking who we have on the roster guaranteed next season, plus dead cap, and subtracting that from the cap floor limit, we'll need to fill the roster with about 1.1M per player, assuming we run 13F, 7D, and 3G. If we don't have the spares the amount per player goes up. I'd like to see some of the long-time prospects get some icetime who haven't received much yet, think Vlassic. I'd also like to see if some of the recent picks can earn a spot next season, like Korch or Allen--not to mention keeping Reichel up.

All of the prospects make sub-1M, so we'll *have* to bring in cap. We got a ton to weaponize. I can see the 'hawks doing that; taking a contract off someone's hands to reach the floor along with picks or prospects. I'd prefer not a defenseman; we got Zaitsev, Jones, and Murph being cap ballast there. But we could take on an overpaid netminder or a couple of forwards.

We need to be mindful that in a rebuild the new guys have to start taking over at some point. I don't think Kaner would fit that mold. He might, if he wants to be a mentor, but I don't think he'd want to be. Toews? Maybe--assuming he doesn't retire and he come back on a short term deal at market value--and I think he hangs them up. To @KBIB 's point. The contracts we need to acquire to achieve the cap floor need to be movable, so anyone looking for a clause or duration has to be given a miss; we already got those with Murph and Jones.

An interesting idea I heard was taking Seabrook's deal back. He wouldn't play of course, but The Lightning don't have much cap wiggle room next year. Might be an option.
Don’t think the lightning have any more picks to give up for the next three years but I’m down to take some bloated contracts for the next couple.

I’d look at teams like the Leafs, Rangers, Pens and Vegas.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So best case scenario was to start winning to build capital toward the deadline then dump and tank. Deadline officially started for hawks the 27th with the McCabe Lafferty trade.

No reason for this post. Not saying anything.

Screenshot_20230310_200255_Firefox.jpg