Blackhawks 2022-23 SEASON THREAD

Granada

Liked Posts:
Only watched half the game, but from what I saw, Tinordi had an awesome game last night. Wilson took a run at Kurashev, which led to the latter not returning to the game; Tinordi nails the former soon after with a nice, clean hit. Not the greatest start for Dobby, lol.

Athanisiou is officially the new Stalberg.

Vosters is trying to grow a goatee or something, which is almost as hilarious as watching this current Hawks team play.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well,I can't speak for the rest of the 'boys'......LOL,since I'm hopelessly addicted to the 'Lil man in the boat' myself,but I thought Brian Burke put it best.......

What changed? Until this year,every single 'pride night' came-off without a hitch,complete with pre-game jersey/warm-ups.
The recent widely condemned Russian law? Provolov is still the only Russin to abstain and even he used religious reasons.........NO other Russian has refused to take part. I'm not sure how much input Russian players had on the three teams who cancelled the jersey portions of their 'pride nights' for the first time but the Hawks Org admitted they made their decision with no Russian player input .
Since players are allowed to opt-out without consequence,why not hold the pre-game/jersey portion and allow those so easily offended or threatened to just opt-out?
Weren't Reimer and the Stahl Bros 'good' Christians last year too? Why now?

Eric Staal boycotted Panthers’ Pride night and said he’d never worn a Pride shirt, but this photo proves he’s wrong

What changed?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Is there a good site to easily tell when watching a NCAA game what organization the players are a part of?

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is there a good site to easily tell when watching a NCAA game what organization the players are a part of?

or this NHL Draft Picks Playing College Hockey - College Hockey, Inc.

this work Mass? or you looking for past years aswell?

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Well,I can't speak for the rest of the 'boys'......LOL,since I'm hopelessly addicted to the 'Lil man in the boat' myself,but I thought Brian Burke put it best.......

What changed? Until this year,every single 'pride night' came-off without a hitch,complete with pre-game jersey/warm-ups.
The recent widely condemned Russian law? Provolov is still the only Russin to abstain and even he used religious reasons.........NO other Russian has refused to take part. I'm not sure how much input Russian players had on the three teams who cancelled the jersey portions of their 'pride nights' for the first time but the Hawks Org admitted they made their decision with no Russian player input .
Since players are allowed to opt-out without consequence,why not hold the pre-game/jersey portion and allow those so easily offended or threatened to just opt-out?
Weren't Reimer and the Stahl Bros 'good' Christians last year too? Why now?

Eric Staal boycotted Panthers’ Pride night and said he’d never worn a Pride shirt, but this photo proves he’s wrong

What changed?

This is just speculation of course, but I think the whole Russia excuse is bull shit. Honestly, I think this is coming from the players; maybe it's a minority of players, but obviously, it seems like it's a big minority. I think players are just tired of the politics of the whole thing.

Now, before anyone freaks out, I'm not saying these particular players are right or wrong; just saying, I just think the players are tired of trying to defend team mates who don't want to wear the jersey; or defending themselves for not wanting to, so the easy solution (for organizations) is to just do away with the jersey idea completely, yet still celebrate gay pride in some other fashion, like the Hawks did.

If an entire team is doing it, every player should just do it; it's just a jersey you have to wear for literally 10 minutes, and it'll save your team mates a headache. If an entire team isn't for whatever reason, again, it's just a jersey. I just think it's another minute thing some people love to get unnecessarily bent out of shape about -- and the majority of people complaining, haven't watched one second of hockey this season, let alone in their entire lives, but they see this in the headlines and freak out anyway, just because, lol.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

or this NHL Draft Picks Playing College Hockey - College Hockey, Inc.

this work Mass? or you looking for past years aswell?
That works. I found myself turning on some games and wondering which guys were tied to teams and the official rosters were not always helpful.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why I hate draft lotteries......

Let's say Hawks finish dead last. Ok, they have about a 25% chance of getting the first pick, which they rightfully should have anyway for being the worst team in the league. True....25% is higher than the 13% the second worse team has. But even at 25%, they have a 75% chance of NOT getting the first pick.

Draft lotteries blow.....

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Like a true leader toews looked like he was taking one for the team by playing yesterday. This looks like it for him. Luckily nothing else to prove for him in a hof career.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Like a true leader toews looked like he was taking one for the team by playing yesterday. This looks like it for him. Luckily nothing else to prove for him in a hof career.
Definitely shouldn't be playing, but he's sucking it up. I'm glad he's at least able to get out there. Even if he decides to play next year -- which I highly doubt he will -- this will definitely be the last time you see him in a Hawks jersey. Greatest Hawks Captain ever.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Let's say Hawks finish dead last. Ok, they have about a 25% chance of getting the first pick, which they rightfully should have anyway for being the worst team in the league. True....25% is higher than the 13% the second worse team has. But even at 25%, they have a 75% chance of NOT getting the first pick.

Counterpoint: we'd have never gotten Kane without it.

I think my biggest issue is the lack of any guarantee that it isn't rigged. But, I get why they do it. I do also think it suks because teams that do fall in the lotto might need the most help.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The NHL has a lottery for one reason and one reason only.....the NBA has one. It's just another in along line of shit Bettman has done in his never ending quest to become the next David Stern.

Funny.....the NFL does incredibly well without one.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Facts, and when Bettman is involved, that percentage goes down. I still think the draft lottery is fixed, but hey that’s my opinion.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Anyone got projections for who they think the pick for the Hawks will be if they get spots 1-5. I assume 1 is obvious but where to from there based on need and odds of others to jump us.