Suter
Mitchell

Probably Keep:
Kubalik
Kurashev
Strome
Zadorov
Boqvist

Keith is fine until his contract expires, Toews can contribute if healthy, and if not him and Seabrok can be put on LTIR until they retire.

Stock up on draft picks and prospects.

I'm sure this is somewhat Bowmans plan, but who knows if he can bring in the right players to compete again.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Definately Keep:
Kane
Dabrincat
Dach
Suter
Mitchell

Probably Keep:
Kubalik
Kurashev
Strome
Zadorov
Boqvist

Keith is fine until his contract expires, Toews can contribute if healthy, and if not him and Seabrok can be put on LTIR until they retire.

I'm sure this is somewhat Bowmans plan, but who knows if he can bring in the right players to compete again.

I agree with a lot of this but a couple things:

If he'd waive his NMC, you would dump Keith if the return is high -- if he can't fetch a first, then maybe a Grade-A to B prospect(s). If you can't get that for him, then yeah, might as well keep him; I wouldn't trade him for just a 3rd round pick or something stupid like that.

Kane is another, and he can fetch you a ton still, obviously. If the return is right, and he's willing to waive his NMC, you move him. I hate saying that for either Keith or Kane, but you'd have to. He alone would fetch you multiple high picks and/or Grade-A prospects.

Boqvist is scaring me. He looks like he is regressing rather than progressing. At this point, I would still keep him, but he has a long ways to go in his development.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

If he'd waive his NMC, you would dump Keith if the return is high -- if he can't fetch a first, then maybe a Grade-A to B prospect(s). If you can't get that for him, then yeah, might as well keep him; I wouldn't trade him for just a 3rd round pick or something stupid like that.

Kane is another, and he can fetch you a ton still, obviously. If the return is right, and he's willing to waive his NMC, you move him. I hate saying that for either Keith or Kane, but you'd have to. He alone would fetch you multiple high picks and/or Grade-A prospects.

Boqvist is scaring me. He looks like he is regressing rather than progressing. At this point, I would still keep him, but he has a long ways to go in his development.
The issue with moving Kane is the guy who would be moving him, Stan no doubt would lose the trade and furthermore screw the Hawks for eternity. I have zero faith in our current management dealing with our stars who would be willing to remove there NMC.
In regards to Boqvist, the kid means well and is trying, maybe a little to hard, but this is on the coaches and lack there of. I never liked it when he was chosen, and I stand by that today, however we can’t reverse time, but once again this falls on the laps of Stan and his lapdog.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The issue with moving Kane is the guy who would be moving him, Stan no doubt would lose the trade and furthermore screw the Hawks for eternity. I have zero faith in our current management dealing with our stars who would be willing to remove there NMC.
In regards to Boqvist, the kid means well and is trying, maybe a little to hard, but this is on the coaches and lack there of. I never liked it when he was chosen, and I stand by that today, however we can’t reverse time, but once again this falls on the laps of Stan and his lapdog.

Hard to argue with any of that, but I will just say, although I have little to no faith in Bowman also, I still would like to see him at least try to execute a proper rebuild in the near future -- not this rebuild on the fly crap -- because I doubt he gets canned anytime soon (even though he should).

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Hard to argue with any of that, but I will just say, although I have little to no faith in Bowman also, I still would like to see him at least try to execute a proper rebuild in the near future -- not this rebuild on the fly crap -- because I doubt he gets canned anytime soon (even though he should).
Even though I tend to agree with you about the future of Stan, a 5-7 win season is humiliating and it may be what’s sets Rockys ass on fire to do something with the current direction of this team.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:

This is a bad year for trades.

First you have to agree to the package, then the players have to wait out a two week quarantine. If Stan was smart, which he isn't, he would be working the phones right now looking for a match.

Teams are up against the cap. Keith should no doubt return a first so long as a bad contract comes with it. Stan needs to just do it. This season is trash and there's nothing outside of prime players coming in that can fix it and that's not happening.

And Boqvist is bad. A bad pick in a deep draft with a lottery pick. You can't miss on those and Stan and Kelly picked the second coming of David Runblad. When I said I predict Boqvist ceiling is Gus, ppl trashed it. Now, Boqvist won't even be Gus.

The Hawks need to focus on drafting kids from NA. They are probably the best team in finding euro free agents but cannot find a high end talent who's 17 to save their franchise.

And before anybody says TT, he fell hard in this draft year and was considered a top five talent.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Definately Keep:
Kane
Dabrincat
Dach
Suter
Mitchell

Probably Keep:
Kubalik
Kurashev
Strome
Zadorov
Boqvist

If you're talking full on rebuild then

Keith
Kane
Debrincat

are the first three I'm moving for picks and prospects. Everyone else is basically on a tryout.

With Bowman running this shit show, he probably "really likes his team" and thinks he's an FA move or two from a Cup contender though.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If its a true rebuild. Everyone is on the table. Unfortunately the GM wouldn't know what to do with it anyway and would probably take this opportunity to bring back as many former Hawks as possible. Is Alui still playing somewhere? Bowman's probably trying to make trades with Russia and Sweden right now.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
The dream scenario is that Bowman is replaced and the new GM brings in a real NHL coach.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It took several years for the Hawks to build the 2010 -2015 teams, starting with Keith being drafted in 2002. There's still a long way to go and the pisser is that the cap situation screws things up worse. The young guys they do have will be looking for raises and because of this cap mess, we may lose some of these players as time goes on.

As far as free agents, they will continue to fill holes in order to put a team on the ice but it would be hard to get quality free agents to come to Chicago. The Hawks have become bottom feeders so we can only expect bench-filling, short-term players till things turn around.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
It took several years for the Hawks to build the 2010 -2015 teams, starting with Keith being drafted in 2002. There's still a long way to go and the pisser is that the cap situation screws things up worse. The young guys they do have will be looking for raises and because of this cap mess, we may lose some of these players as time goes on.

As far as free agents, they will continue to fill holes in order to put a team on the ice but it would be hard to get quality free agents to come to Chicago. The Hawks have become bottom feeders so we can only expect bench-filling, short-term players till things turn around.

They were not trying to rebuild back then. They thought they could be a playoff tean with guys like Amonte, Zhamnov, Sullivan.

They also thought Arnason, Calder, Bell, Ruutu type of guys would be able to develop into legit 1st/2nd line guys which never happened.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keith is probably most valuable at the trade deadline in his final year anyway, and without him we might see 8 goals per game. We CAN'T lose him and even play at an NHL standard right now.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
They were not trying to rebuild back then. They thought they could be a playoff tean with guys like Amonte, Zhamnov, Sullivan.

They also thought Arnason, Calder, Bell, Ruutu type of guys would be able to develop into legit 1st/2nd line guys which never happened.
What about Daze? The main issue with that team back then was defence and goaltending, seem familiar. The forwards weren’t all that bad. but at the very least it was somewhat entertaining. This current team is a tragedy Mix in with a trainwreck.
I was never a Smith fan, but I would take him over Blowman any day of the week, year, decade.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Keith is probably most valuable at the trade deadline in his final year anyway, and without him we might see 8 goals per game. We CAN'T lose him and even play at an NHL standard right now.
Rasko if it weren’t for Kane and Keith which deserve better, I would love to watch the Hawks get smoked every night until that piece of garbage Bowman is ousted, and that is what it may take.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about Daze? The main issue with that team back then was defence and goaltending, seem familiar. The forwards weren’t all that bad. but at the very least it was somewhat entertaining. This current team is a tragedy Mix in with a trainwreck.
I was never a Smith fan, but I would take him over Blowman any day of the week, year, decade.

Don't forget dumpster fire, and literally a pandemic.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Don't forget dumpster fire, and literally a pandemic.
When you say dumpster fire I can’t help but think about Boris Mironov when he played for the Hawks, I still get nightmares thinking about those times. I think I felt more comfortable when David Rundblad touched the puck.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Unfortunately as long as Stan is at the helm, don’t expect anything to turn around. I honestly think there is something in the drinking water in Chicago, between the Hawks, Bears, Bulls, Cubs and Sox every team has monumental hills to climb due to poor management.

gopher72

Liked Posts:

As much as I would miss Kane, Toews, or Keith, I wouldn't mind them on a contender.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
If you kept Smith drafts in NA, he was very good. His fascination with Russians was his down fall.