Blackhawks Rebuild

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
If its a true rebuild. Everyone is on the table. Unfortunately the GM wouldn't know what to do with it anyway and would probably take this opportunity to bring back as many former Hawks as possible. Is Alui still playing somewhere? Bowman's probably trying to make trades with Russia and Sweden right now.
Thats the thing its not a rebuild its a tank year. they have been rebuilding the last 3 years. and as others have said terrible year to be making trades

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Thats the thing its not a rebuild its a tank year. they have been rebuilding the last 3 years. and as others have said terrible year to be making trades
If they have been rebuilding the last 3 years then someone forgot to tell Stan. A rebuild is all about acquiring as much young talent draft picks and cap space as possible. I don't think that's happened especially with the fact that they tried to make a run with Lehner.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
If they have been rebuilding the last 3 years then someone forgot to tell Stan. A rebuild is all about acquiring as much young talent draft picks and cap space as possible. I don't think that's happened especially with the fact that they tried to make a run with Lehner.
Stan thought he was fooling everyone by making them believe this team was still a contender. by bringing in the likes of Lehner it was supposedly to keep the core from the idea this team wasn’t rebuilding. The belief was they were retooling on the fly, and we all know that was horsehit.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Stan thought he was fooling everyone by making them believe this team was still a contender. by bringing in the likes of Lehner it was supposedly to keep the core from the idea this team wasn’t rebuilding. The belief was they were retooling on the fly, and we all know that was horsehit.
where is all the young talent and stockpile of draft picks

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It feels more like Stan is delusional, most of the staff around the office is delusional, and the building missed the memo, or several player memo's and a couple league memo's, and something else...

something is very wrong over there to keep rolling out these soft teams that get beat up. Why would you do that? If Toews/Kane/Keith didn't already feel twice their age from the attrition of battle, they have to take the ice with the smallest team in the league. Just guessing without checking stats, I can't imagine anyone else is this foolish.

But heh...the numbers probably told them so. Genius's. They fooled us all is what they are still thinking.

Obviously they panicked about the goalie competition already which is hilarious, and are now praying to the god Lahtenanen at night hoping he can keep the cover on their mess.

I'll be surprised if they get 1 point in the next 6 games.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember that time that algorithm that told us 175 euro's scored more points over the course of a season disappeared when you had more than one line of them on a single team?

I just hope they know what they are doing and have basic common sports sense to assimiliate their "findings." Because right now I do not feel at the front of analytics as they claim.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Do we know what happened to Jay "mini grinch" Blunk? He can't possibly still be around?

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Lehner was brouht in to trade later down the road and they did. what i was getting at was this year is no different then last 3. our best trade chip was not even traded for picks, this is how Stan rebuilds. Jay is still around more just on money side I believe. Rask hope you are wrong about the next 6 , but the over under cant be much higher then 4pnts.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
where is all the young talent and stockpile of draft picks
What do mean where is all the stockpile of draft picks? There isn’t any, hence why I said Stan was trying to fool everyone to believe they were rebuilding, but essence he was still trying to squeeze what was left of the core to see how far they could bring this franchise in the playoffs.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Lehner was brouht in to trade later down the road and they did. what i was getting at was this year is no different then last 3. our best trade chip was not even traded for picks, this is how Stan rebuilds. Jay is still around more just on money side I believe. Rask hope you are wrong about the next 6 , but the over under cant be much higher then 4pnts.
Stan isn't the guy you want rebuilding he's the guy you want tweeking a cup contender.

Alot has been made of Kelly being some draft guru, he's not.

Cat was a top ten talent who fell because of size.

TT was a top five talent who fell because he had character issues.

Saad just dropped like a rock his draft year.

Those were no brainier bpa picks. Same with Dach.

Smith found Buff late, Tallon found Hammer, those are great picks. Kelly and Stan aren't good at evaluating 17/18 year olds. This is why the Hawks are in the mess they are, last draft they went off the board so much instead of taking bpa it boggles the mind.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is why the Hawks are in the mess they are, last draft they went off the board so much instead of taking bpa it boggles the mind.

Stan's M.O. is to take the bspa (best small player available).