Blackhawks return to practice

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
saw them creating the ice, probably going in for lifting. It can get interesting for us with alot of healthy players. Still not heard of the Ian Mitchell contract, if it got dated or if he can actually play.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So they'll beat the oilers to screw that up then lose the next round.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
If the Hawks lose to the Oil they have a 12.5% chance at the #1 pick...
https://twitter.com/CRoumeliotis

I do not understand this math. 8 teams will be out from round 1, so each get 12.5% of the lottery? What about the teams that did not even get in? Shouldn't their percentage be higher than teams that got in the playoffs? It still is supposed to add up to 100% right?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not understand this math. 8 teams will be out from round 1, so each get 12.5% of the lottery? What about the teams that did not even get in? Shouldn't their percentage be higher than teams that got in the playoffs? It still is supposed to add up to 100% right?
This sounds like a question for Gary Bettman, he knows math...

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They way I understand it is that they weighted all of the out of the "play-in" teams according to record, and the play-in teams en masse had a lower probability.

They just beat the odds. Whether or not you believe that is another story.