Blackhawks Rumors For The April 3rd Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he is here to C the 4th line and get PK minutes, thats if he dresses

Right that would seem to make the most sense, but I guess that is what I am asking is he an upgrade over what we have or not. It would seem like having Handzus at fourth line center fills a lot of needs.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right that would seem to make the most sense, but I guess that is what I am asking is he an upgrade over what we have or not. It would seem like having Handzus at fourth line center fills a lot of needs.

The problem i see is like it was with Morrison, He can be an upgrade and help at the dot if he is on the ice. I dont think Morrison was really given much time to get some time and gel before he was in the press box every night

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think we are over thinking this. hes just a guy. lets eval the team after the deadline

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem i see is like it was with Morrison, He can be an upgrade and help at the dot if he is on the ice. I dont think Morrison was really given much time to get some time and gel before he was in the press box every night

Unfortunately Morrison was already done by the time he arrived. He's still without a contract now, right? Handzus may be the same, we'll see.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I have a hunch that we may see Mark McNeill or Phillip Danault up with the Hawks either in the next month or into the playoffs.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a hunch that we may see Mark McNeill or Phillip Danault up with the Hawks either in the next month or into the playoffs.

Should pretty much be a guarantee depending on how out of place they look at the Rock.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Should pretty much be a guarantee depending on how out of place they look at the Rock.

Everything I've read that Danault was having a damn good season in the QMJHL before his team got bounced in the playoffs. Both guys were sent up to Rockford over the weekend and I think one or both may get a shot at the 2C role. Feels like that may create a logjam at C now with the addition of Handzus, but that logjam is weighted heavily towards the bottom of the lineup.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Everything I've read that Danault was having a damn good season in the QMJHL before his team got bounced in the playoffs. Both guys were sent up to Rockford over the weekend and I think one or both may get a shot at the 2C role. Feels like that may create a logjam at C now with the addition of Handzus, but that logjam is weighted heavily towards the bottom of the lineup.

Danault is easily my favorite prospect with the Blackhawks, but I'm really curious to see how he does at the AHL level first. I don't think he is quite ready for the NHL level yet. Juniors to AHL is a pretty big step (go from playing against boys to playing against men) and then the NHL is perhaps an even bigger step.

I'm not too big on McNeill personally, I don't think he will live up to his draft day hype.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yup, but I wonder how sketchy Q would be going into the playoffs with "unknown" youth. I dont think he'll put his job on the line hinging on them--and I still think his job is on the line if this team is one and done. I'd also be stunned to the ground if either one of them could usurp that 2c position. The game is just light years faster and it's too soon for either of them.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if its true that jagr has 3 teams and the hawks being one, i think i would listen

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup, but I wonder how sketchy Q would be going into the playoffs with "unknown" youth. I dont think he'll put his job on the line hinging on them--and I still think his job is on the line if this team is one and done. I'd also be stunned to the ground if either one of them could usurp that 2c position. The game is just light years faster and it's too soon for either of them.

i agree that there is that coach q "warm" seat right now.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
if its true that jagr has 3 teams and the hawks being one, i think i would listen

Feel like Jagr is the same as Iginla. Adding more talent to a position already loaded.

Jagr's a winger. Hawks have plenty of Top 6 wingers. Center is what ya need. If this move comes with the caveat that Sharp move to 2C, Bolland moves down to the 3C, someone from the third goes back to the 4th, then I'm all for it. But Sharp at 2C has been a possible solution for nearly three seasons now and it still hasn't happened.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feel like Jagr is the same as Iginla. Adding more talent to a position already loaded.

Jagr's a winger. Hawks have plenty of Top 6 wingers. Center is what ya need. If this move comes with the caveat that Sharp move to 2C, Bolland moves down to the 3C, someone from the third goes back to the 4th, then I'm all for it. But Sharp at 2C has been a possible solution for nearly three seasons now and it still hasn't happened.

Supposedly Joe N turned down two 2nd rounders for Jagr. If true, pass.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Sharp has supposedly been pretty strong in his wishes to play wing. I'm guessing we would have seen him at 2c over the last few years if that was even an option, so I would be surprised if it did happen at this point.

Jagr isn't the type of player the Blackhawks should be trading for, especially at that price. Jagr would probably help out on the PP though, an area of need but I don't know where he would fit in top 6 without Kane/Sharp moving to center. I much rather have Clowe (not going to happen with several contending teams hot after him) than Jagr if the Blackhawks are going to go for a winger, which I don't think is an area of need in any way. Especially when you consider that Shaw and Kruger both might be better suited as a winger.

2c in some form should be the area of focus. Bozak, Ott, Roy, Ribeiro, Stastny, Vermette, Gagner, Nielsen, and Jokinen are all "possible" 2c guys that could be moved depending on what their teams plan on doing. I'm not a fan of all of those guys I just listed, but those seem like the more obvious options out there for that position. Some guys are fringe guys, not very physical, would cost too much, etc but those are the options as I see them.

Something that I saw elsewhere that is important to note is that the Blackhawks are currently at 50 contracts after the Handzus trade. You cannot have more than 50 contracts for your organization. If the Blackhawks do make a deal from here on out, they won't be doing so with picks and picks alone. It would take a roster player or prospect so they can stay at or under the max contract amount.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Trade deadline is about 24 hours away.

Bolland injury last night could play into what the Blackhawks do, depending on if it is bad or not.

Roster players who could be moved (or Blackhawks are trying to move) include Bolland (Not cutting it at 2c, Frolik and Shaw showing they can play 3c), Frolik (Usually a fourth line guy who is making second line money), Stalberg (could be appealing to another team and depends on contract negotiations are going), Bickell (once again, contract negotiations), Oduya (Too much money, Leddy stepping up, Oduya being up and down), Montador/Olesz (both will be amnesty candidates and aren't being used by the Blackhawks - sortof a "current" roster player). Anyone outside of those guys from the current roster and I would be pretty surprised. I've heard small chatter about Leddy as a possibility, but that was before Oduya started shitting the bed and Leddy stepped up big. Only reason for the chatter was because Leddy negotiations could get tough this summer.

Should be an interesting day but I'm not expecting much. Then again, I didn't think we would see as many trades as we did yesterday so I could be wrong. Hopefully Stan and Co have a nice surprise and can improve this team even more.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Roy (one of the center options I noted above) traded to the Canucks for a 2nd rounder and a Prospect according to several sources. No word on who the prospect is, but if it isn't a very high one then it seems like a decent deal for the Canucks.

EDIT: Prospect is said to be Kevin Connauton. Personally I don't know much about him but hockeysfuture.com has him as the #2 D prospect for the Canucks at a 7.0c

I like this trade more for the Stars but this will definitely help the Canucks in the short term.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Van gets Roy, we get Handzus. That Opooya deal turning out swell.

2nd & 3rd wasted on that piece of shit, when one of those picks could've went for Roy.

facepalm.gif

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McNeil was kinda a let down when he signed the ATO for the Hogs, pretty much was a 4th C

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I just read this on Twitter and I'll bet that Pat or Edzo mention this during Thursday night's broadcast.

The Hawks big acquisitions at the trade deadline will be re-inserting Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp into the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.