Blackhawks Rumors For The April 3rd Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
post what ya hear. even if it is something lame or from a lame source....post it.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
very quiet right now. I bet Bowman doesn't add.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Why would he need to?

To make the team better? I'm not convinced that we are the best in this Conference, Anaheim will be hard to get by (we'd both have to make it to the Conference Finals to face them if seeding stays somewhat similar to what it is currently). Why not better our odds?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To make the team better? I'm not convinced that we are the best in this Conference, Anaheim will be hard to get by (we'd both have to make it to the Conference Finals to face them if seeding stays somewhat similar to what it is currently). Why not better our odds?

I still also worry about other teams in the early rounds as well. so to me getting better is important, but I wouldnt get pissed if they do nothing in all reality.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I still also worry about other teams in the early rounds as well. so to me getting better is important, but I wouldnt get pissed if they do nothing in all reality.

Agreed, but I was giving a reason as to why we may want to add anyway.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Iginla could be damn interesting.

He's listed a winger, but has taken his fair share of faceoffs in the past three seasons and has hovered at or just above 50 percent.

Calgary is definitely a seller ... but are they buying anything that the Hawks have to offer?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks have the prospects & Iginla is running outta chances at a Cup.

Makes sense but we'll see.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Would love Iginla, but the price (supposed) definitely scares me for a player who isn't at the top of his game anymore. Trust me, Iginla is still one hell of a player and would improve the team but I just don't know if it is worth it.

Based on trades in the past and speculation, have to feel that a top prospect + 1st round pick + young NHL player would be around the cost. McNeill (probably would ask for Danult or Teuvo, but praying the Hawks don't let that happen) + 1st round pick + Shaw/Stalberg would probably be what they are looking for. Don't know if I'm ready to see the Blackhawks pull the trigger on a deal like that for a rental player. Now, if it is a prospect, pick, and then a lesser player (maybe Frolik) then you think about it.

The fact that Iginla has given only 4 teams to the Flames might drive the price down...but those are 4 teams who are contenders and hungry to get better.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Can't recall exactly where I saw this, but I'm pretty sure I read that the asking price for Iginla was a current NHLer and a 1st-round pick. Not too bad, if that's true.

Also keep in mind that the Calgary GM is notorious for making some God-awful trades. Every hockey-related account I follow on Twitter has cracked jokes about Feaster at some point. Very likely that he could get fleeced on this deal.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Given those parameters you wonder if Stalgod would be interesting to Calgary.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
id feel bad for anyone on the current roster except carcillo if moved.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I was Calgary, I'd be looking for a couple of promising kids and a #1. The question is who would be willing
to give that up for a player that may have just started to decline at age 35. I can't see anyone having a
fire sale for him when you not only have the age factor but the shrinking cap as well. Unless the Hawks
can get him on the cheap.....I say pass.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Flames said to be asking for two prospects and a draft pick now. Obviously it all depends on how high/top end, but still sounds like too much. Should be interesting to see who bites first. Rumors were saying that Bruins/Pens were in big on Morrow bcuz the asking price for Iginla was just too high.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Flames said to be asking for two prospects and a draft pick now. Obviously it all depends on how high/top end, but still sounds like too much. Should be interesting to see who bites first. Rumors were saying that Bruins/Pens were in big on Morrow bcuz the asking price for Iginla was just too high.

at this point it leaves calgary with some choices. either lower price and get something or lose him for nothing. being on a team like the hawks could spark him. everyone said selanne and jagr where done. il take my chances with him. plus he doesnt have to be the star or leader, and will be surrounded with so much more talent here.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419005

Not really a surprise but supposedly we are on the list of 4 that Iginla, and yes I would also love to add him. Got to imagine that as the deadline looms the Flames would rather get something as opposed to nothing for him.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419005

Not really a surprise but supposedly we are on the list of 4 that Iginla, and yes I would also love to add him. Got to imagine that as the deadline looms the Flames would rather get something as opposed to nothing for him.

Penguins are likely out after acquiring Morrow. Would be very surprising to see them take a run at Iginla as well after giving up a top prospect in J. Morrow to get B. Morrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.