Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Hawks going all in.

Johnson can play.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Hawks going all in.

Johnson can play.

Hawks gained 2 million in cap space too.

The bar has definitely rose. If the Hawks stumble out of the gates JC will be out of a job for sure.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I haven't looked but Tampa must be in terminal Cap hell.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not exactly sure where they are going. The backline is still a disaster.
Oh I agree 1000 percent. I have no clue what Stanbo is doing, but it does seem he is trying to go for another Cup run. However as you said the blue line is a disaster, and Flower may retire.

I will say I do like this move, add almost 2m in Cap Space gain a 2nd and Tyler will work his ass off. He isn’t the player he was 5 years ago, but plays a responsible 2 way game which we have sorely lacked with our Forward groups.

Still need to shore up the backend. Strome is likely on his way out. Been an interesting day to say the least, tomorrow may even be wackier.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh I agree 1000 percent. I have no clue what Stanbo is doing, but it does seem he is trying to go for another Cup run. However as you said the blue line is a disaster, and Flower may retire.

I will say I do like this move, add almost 2m in Cap Space gain a 2nd and Tyler will work his ass off. He isn’t the player he was 5 years ago, but plays a responsible 2 way game which we have sorely lacked with our Forward groups.

Still need to shore up the backend. Strome is likely on his way out. Been an interesting day to say the least, tomorrow may even be wackier.
He is also near 50% on his faceoffs which would put him only behind Toews.....I mean it's a real nice get along with the cap relief but it's pretty fruitless with what they have right now. I mean he's 30, isn't he? How good will he still be when they are finally ready to compete?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rh
He is also near 50% on his faceoffs which would put him only behind Toews.....I mean it's a real nice get along with the cap relief but it's pretty fruitless with what they have right now. I mean he's 30, isn't he? How good will he still be when they are finally ready to compete?
Think he is 31, so we would have him for 31,32,33 seasons.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Hawks gained 2 million in cap space too.

The bar has definitely rose. If the Hawks stumble out of the gates JC will be out of a job for sure.
Not that that wouldn’t be a bad thing.

I am a point now where I think Marc Crawford would be a better option moving forward.

What goons are available to create a 90’s style fourth line so Crawford can feel like home?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It sure seems like one last desperate ride to me.

I think these would have been great moves two or three years ago if we were going to do a last hurrah.
Now it seems they are somewhere in the middle and finally understanding the ride ends with Kane. You have so many years with a top 100 all-time player, and every year should be an all-in year. However, getting caught in the middle is the worst.

I guess the timer ran out on rebuilding....Stan only able to sell that to management on the shortened seasons.

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It sure seems like one last desperate ride to me.

I think these would have been great moves two or three years ago if we were going to do a last hurrah.
Now it seems they are somewhere in the middle and finally understanding the ride ends with Kane. You have so many years with a top 100 all-time player, and every year should be an all-in year. However, getting caught in the middle is the worst.

I guess the timer ran out on rebuilding....Stan only able to sell that to management on the shortened seasons.
Hopefully it’s Stanbows last ride.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Don't necessarily mind the MAF and Johnson acquisitions, but Stan didn't do enough to get sweeteners in return. How many times did he get bent over during the Cup years, and here he is on the other side of the coin and didn't learn a thing. Vegas desperately needed cap relief and you got nothing? Tampa desperately needed cap relief and you got only a 2nd rounder not next year but the year after? Forget for the moment that Stan didn't even reach out to MAF's camp to see if he was willing to play in Chicago? Amateur hour for sure.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Just have to face the fact bowman wants nothing to do with a young rebuilding team even if fans have proven they would support that over the same strategy he has been using that isn’t working

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Just have to face the fact bowman wants nothing to do with a young rebuilding team even if fans have proven they would support that over the same strategy he has been using that isn’t working
Well, being that I am a conspiracy theorist, something tells me there’s some shit that’s gonna come out in the court case that Stan and company are trying to deflect with ramping up for one last ride.

I mean… if there something worse then forceful rape and ejaculating all over a player then having the team completely shit all over him in practice…..

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Well, being that I am a conspiracy theorist, something tells me there’s some shit that’s gonna come out in the court case that Stan and company are trying to deflect with ramping up for one last ride.

I mean… if there something worse then forceful rape and ejaculating all over a player then having the team completely shit all over him in practice…..
If that’s a case ownership should get their heads out of their asses and do a preemptive house cleaning. As we have seen across sports with these kinds of allegations teams never benefit sticking with their front office.