Blackhawks Trade Rumors Thread

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Per Chris Kuc:

"Source says #Blackhawks are looking at Hurricanes' Andrej Sekera and Flames' Curtis Glencross as possible trade targets."

I could understand Sekera, but not Glencross so much. I mean, I really like him as a player, but where is he going to fit in, especially since he's a LW and we already have Sharp, Bickell, Saad. I mean, he can play a 4th line roll but I would hate to give something decent up for him for only the rest of the year.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Samurai Mike

Liked Posts:
I could understand Sekera, but not Glencross so much. I mean, I really like him as a player, but where is he going to fit in, especially since he's a LW and we already have Sharp, Bickell, Saad. I mean, he can play a 4th line roll but I would hate to give something decent up for him for only the rest of the year.

I agree. I think Sekera would be a good fit for us.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As are the Rangers and Stars.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will Stan be willing enough to give something up to get a deal done.

Last edited:

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
With it being the Flames, you're gonna see a pick or some good prospects going the other way.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be really happy with glencross. I'd also be ok with Neil from Ottawa or vermette from Phoenix. As for defense gorges or petty would be fine as well

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Sounds like the BJs are looking to unload James Wisnewski. He's got a 5.5 million cap hit through 2017, but I wonder if the Hawks could get the BJs to retain half his cap hit. I think he would definitely help shore up the 3rd pairing.

TCD

Liked Posts:
but but but him and Seabs are enemies!!! ;)

Would love to see Wiz back and yah if the BJ's would eat half his salary that would be fun!! Don't see it happening but I wouldn't bitch if it did.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
but but but him and Seabs are enemies!!! ;)

Would love to see Wiz back and yah if the BJ's would eat half his salary that would be fun!! Don't see it happening but I wouldn't bitch if it did.

go to bed, ass cheese

TCD

Liked Posts:
go to bed, ass cheese

got me 2 more hours of this night shift shit then bed to dream of Crawford being traded to the Flyers or the Yotes as most of the dumb fuck fans are spewing around the interwebs today. TRADE DEADLINE MUST TRADE CRAWFORD.

Even heard some guy say Cam Ward for Crawford because Cam Ward has a Stanley Cup ring.....dooooooooiiiiiiiiiiii doooooooiiiiiii aluminum hats are fun!!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
got me 2 more hours of this night shift shit then bed to dream of Crawford being traded to the Flyers or the Yotes as most of the dumb fuck fans are spewing around the interwebs today. TRADE DEADLINE MUST TRADE CRAWFORD.

Even heard some guy say Cam Ward for Crawford because Cam Ward has a Stanley Cup ring.....dooooooooiiiiiiiiiiii doooooooiiiiiii aluminum hats are fun!!

Did you and the wop watch kroll show yet?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Plenty of Blackhawks names are entering the rumor mill. Sharp, Shaw, Bickell and Raanta seem to be getting thrown around. Raanta likely makes the most sense after the Blackhawks extended Darling for another 2 years. Still, would be pretty surprised to see them make a big move, even with the additional cap space now. Could certainly happen though, but those big deadline splashes don't seem to pay off very often.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Antoine Vermette is getting more buzz as a potential pickup.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Analysis: Blackhawks have options for replacing Kane
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=755142&navid=nhl:topheads
I just saw Jagr's name in that article...

Hangman.gif

Variable

Liked Posts:
So with Kane being put on LTIR, what does that give them now? Like an additional 5 million or so in cap space until he comes back? Fuck I wish somebody would revive capgeek. Since there's essentially no salary cap in the playoffs and Kane won't be back until sometime in the playoffs, I'd imagine they have quite a bit more room for a bigger acquisition when it comes to that player's cap hit. It'd almost have to be a playoff rental only but it opens up some possibilities that weren't there before I would think.