CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Discuss all rumors here....yes I guess even ecklund counts

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be nice if OPs like this actually had relevant information in it. Like when the actual trade deadline is.

March 2nd

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
deadline is not relevant. Trade whenever, wherever.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Salary cap is irrelevant too

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
with no more capgeek, they might as well just abolish the salary cap all together.

Of all the things that have happened this NHL season, losing CapGeek may have been the most disappointing. That website was a perfect resource.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I would only expect a small move. Hoping that move is for a #5 type Dman who can play some solid stay at home hockey. TVR could help down the stretch but he is going to need some time. Rundblad is brutal in his own end and Rozsival looks like he is on the way out. Blackhawks fans have been spoiled with one of the best defenses in the league and hopefully the team makes an upgrade on the back end to continue that.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would only expect a small move. Hoping that move is for a #5 type Dman who can play some solid stay at home hockey. TVR could help down the stretch but he is going to need some time. Rundblad is brutal in his own end and Rozsival looks like he is on the way out. Blackhawks fans have been spoiled with one of the best defenses in the league and hopefully the team makes an upgrade on the back end to continue that.

But Rundblad has 3x the amount of points as Morin.

Reactions: Rex

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
and is a +16

Oduya on the other hand is a -7

+\- is a hard stat to base one player on. we have to look at all the variables on to why one players is better vs anothers. in no means am i defending oduya i just think we need a break down of time spent with better linemates vs 3rd or 4th liners

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
+\- is a hard stat to base one player on. we have to look at all the variables on to why one players is better vs anothers. in no means am i defending oduya i just think we need a break down of time spent with better linemates vs 3rd or 4th liners

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

Oduya is -7
Hammer is +14

they're defense partners.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Well, they were... They haven't been partners in quite some time. Q has gone full Special person on the shuffling of defensive partners. Especially when he benches Rundblad and the Hawks rotate 5 D.

Hawks very much need help back there on D. I just don't know where they get it and how they fit it in the cap.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
trade Oduya at the deadline for somebody competent?

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

Problem is, if we can see how bad Oduya has been, I'm sure the rest of the NHL has seen it as well. Well, maybe not Edmonton..but you get the point.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Problem is, if we can see how bad Oduya has been, I'm sure the rest of the NHL has seen it as well. Well, maybe not Edmonton..but you get the point.

it's the trade deadline, the #2 day for teams giving up Special person things for average players.

Remember when Buffalo got a first round pick for Paul Gaustad?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:

Problem is......to who and for what.

A 33 year old defensemen who's declined rapidly and makes 3.4 mil a year isn't someone teams are lining up to trade for. Unless its bad contract for bad contract. Marek Zidlicky may work. He's almost as bad as Oduya this year and makes 3 mil before becomnig a UFA this summer.

Rozsival either.

Though stranger things have happened, when both come off the books this summer it will get better.

Really wish TVR could come back faster.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Problem is......to who and for what.

A 33 year old defensemen who's declined rapidly and makes 3.4 mil a year isn't someone teams are lining up to trade for. Unless its bad contract for bad contract. Marek Zidlicky may work. He's almost as bad as Oduya this year and makes 3 mil before becomnig a UFA this summer.

Rozsival either.

Though stranger things have happened, when both come off the books this summer it will get better.

Really wish TVR could come back faster.

Oduya is in the last year of his contract, which makes him very attractive at the deadline as an experienced, veteran defensemen rental player with Stanley Cup experience

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Oduya is in the last year of his contract, which makes him very attractive at the deadline as an experienced, veteran defensemen rental player with Stanley Cup experience

I really cant think of that many teams lining up for him.......he sucks this year. Flat out.

I brought up New Jersey because A--Johnny played there and maintains a good relationship with Lou Lamoreillo after getting traded for Ilya Kovalchuk B--They have a need there and C--New Jersey doesn't really know what its doing after losing Zach Parise. Ryan Clowe? Mike Cammalleri?