Blair

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/blair_090611.html

Nice interview with Blair as well as a link to Sam Smith discussing Blair. I firmly believe that IF Blair is available at 16 that he is our choice. I am really doubtful about him being there with Milwaukee at 10, New Jersey 11, Bobcats at 12 and Indiana at 13 all possible selections. I think if he gets past Indiana then he is ours. Phoenix will not take him I don't think and neither will Detroit. I like him personally a lot and have him rated ahead of other guys talked about at 16 in Johnson, Clark, Mullens, Hansbrough and Williams.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see he speaks about as eloquently as Derrick Rose does. He seems like a good player, but my guess is that he won't be there when we pick.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
40 pounds in 3 weeks is kind of a red flag IMO.

1.) Id love to see his diet and exercise regiment over those 3 weeks, especially his calorie intake versus calories burned per day.

2.) Thats 2 pounds per day. How much muscle did he lose during that period?

3.) Supplements taken? Ephedrine? Will he have heart issues like Eddy did when he lost a ton of weight really quickly?

4.) Can he keep this weight off over a full NBA career?

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Noah/Blair could make a nice starting front court IMO. Blair will score down low and if he gets that 15 foot jumper he'll be deadly...
Noah-Blair-Deng-Gordon-Rose

or

Noah-Johnson-Deng-Gordon-Rose

That's what I wanna see after the draft

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
That's an NBA for midgets line up. Bulls get chewed up and spit out by teams with height up front and in the backcourt.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
I don't like his indifferent attitude. That point signs to a a red flag in my book. He really seems like he doesn't want to be in Chicago. He seemed more interested in playing in Cleveland. I wouldn't waist the 16th pick on him. The bad knees, the indifference, and his interview with Chuck was not impressive to me.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
chi_hawks_23 wrote:
40 pounds in 3 weeks is kind of a red flag IMO.

1.) Id love to see his diet and exercise regiment over those 3 weeks, especially his calorie intake versus calories burned per day.

2.) Thats 2 pounds per day. How much muscle did he lose during that period?

3.) Supplements taken? Ephedrine? Will he have heart issues like Eddy did when he lost a ton of weight really quickly?

4.) Can he keep this weight off over a full NBA career?

Blair is an interesting prospect, we all like his physical toughness, his wide mass, the way he beasted Thabeet, but college and pros are totally different, personally I think he will be more like Micheal Sweetney, his weight fluctuates too much, and that concerns me.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
You never draft a guy that high when you can get someone in his mold through Free Agency.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
That's an NBA for midgets line up. Bulls get chewed up and spit out by teams with height up front and in the backcourt.

It's been beaten to death on RealGM about Gordon and his height hurting the team and all the stats prove otherwise. Even on defense he doesn't hurt us

Blair's wingspan is amazing and he has the body frame and James Johnson is bigger than Tyrus so IMO adding either one to the PF spot makes our team actually bigger

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Ralphb07 wrote:
houheffna wrote:

It's been beaten to death on RealGM about Gordon and his height hurting the team and all the stats prove otherwise. Even on defense he doesn't hurt us

Blair's wingspan is amazing and he has the body frame and James Johnson is bigger than Tyrus so IMO adding either one to the PF spot makes our team actually bigger

With Blair playing alongside Noah its no big deal. Like you said his wingspan makes him play bigger than he is. I am down with Blair.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

I don't know how anyone can watch what is happening in the playoffs and then suddenly want to go and get a short PF and start him and say "lets go win it all!" That is wild to me. Orlando's front line averages out 6'10 or 6'11. I could understand if it was Blair coming off the bench but starting? Gordon and Rose CANNOT win consistently on the highest level playing together. Unless you have an all world frontcourt, which means Noah comes off the bench. Why you would want two 6'2" guards is beyond me.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i know that fred's show might turn people off because he calls everyone an idiot, but he does have one thing right for sure. frontcourt defense is WAY more important than backcourt defense. that's why we need noah. if people blow by rose, NOAH SHOULD STOP HIM. that's why players have to rotate.

i will admit, gordon is the perfect off the bench player, but if he is to become an off the bench player, it's off the bench to someone who's BETTER than him. significantly. if he played behind kobe, that's gordon being used to his best. but who do you want him to come off the bench behind on this team??? he's WAY better than salmons. he's in a great position here because now he's left open for rose. why wouldn't you start your best SG on the team???

how about the detroit pistons in their championship seasons??? isiah thomas is 6'1'' joe dumars is 6'3", gordon's height. they had lambier and rodman, who were basically in foul trouble or suspended every game. they won titles.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
He is not WAY better than Salmons #1 and #2, he does not have to come off the bench to a better player. Jason Terry, J.R. Smith, even Lamar Odom have come off the bench so other players of lesser value can start. I don't understand why that is such a foreign concept to everybody. It happens...

If Gordon was WAY better than Salmons, than he would be an all-star. Dwayne Wade is WAY better than Salmons, Kobe is WAY better than Salmons. Kevin Martin is not WAY better...neither is Gordon. Salmons was offensively more efficient and defensively is a better player. Plus Salmons brings some size to the backcourt.

You want to know who is WAY better than Gordon? Dumars! So the comparisons don't work. Gordon would be suicidal if he had to guard Jordon. Dumars did it better than anybody. Period.