My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Thank you lord and savior jesus christ in heaven

but seriously, didnt this already happen?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you lord and savior jesus christ in heaven

but seriously, didnt this already happen?

He was DFA'ed a week or so ago, but he has to be unclaimed within a ten-day window before they can outright him to the minors.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Cubs.com, the Cubs outrighted utilty man Blake DeWitt to Triple A Iowa after he cleared waivers. The Cubs designated Blake DeWitt for assignment on February 6th to make room for Adrian Cardenas whom the Cubs claimed from the Oakland Athletics.

Blake DeWitt will be Mesa to try and compete for a spot that was once his. To be honest, I don’t see him making the team still. The Cubs are probably mad no team claimed him and they still have control of him. If the Cubs see no improvement, there’s a good chance that he’ll be released. There are people wanting DeWitt to go to the Red Sox as compensation for Theo Epstein, but if the Red Sox wanted DeWitt, wouldn’t they have claimed him? I mean there’s a chance, but I think it’ll be a mid tier prospect. A name that I think could go over is Jay Jackson, but at this point, I don’t know anymore.

So … we’ll see DeWitt more, but I don’t know if it’ll be for long time or just a short time. He would be a good injury replacemnt on the 25-man roster, though.

We Can’t say ‘Bye Bye’ to Blake DeWitt…Yet! |

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read where Cubs save more money by cutting him after Spring training then now.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah ... if the Cubs do release him, they don't have pay his arbitration raise (at least all of it).

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah ... if the Cubs do release him, they don't have pay his arbitration raise (at least all of it).

I think the DFA guaranteed DeWitt like 1/6th of his salary so the rest would be minor league salary. Not sure though.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, if I remember correctly from last year ... if the Cubs doe release him, the Cubs will only have to pay 1/something. Like you said 1/6 or 1/7. Then yeah, I think it's a minor league deal too if he stays in the minors.