Blown Coverage, or Bad Defense?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Does anyone else notice that @Anytime23 simply cannot keep himself from doing anything he can to derail a thread after i make any post at all in it? He just can't stop following me around....Hahahahaha.
giphy.gif
You have to understand, that's his game. He's like a creepy internet stalker.

Trust me - put him and his clique on ignore and the CCS experience improves immensely.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You dont talk to me because every time you've tried, you end up looking like the tard that you are. Stop trying to paint me as a troll. No one is buying it.
facetopalmgif.gif

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Trust me - put him and his clique on ignore and the CCS experience improves immensely.
Thank you, AkrispyKreme Hicks.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Desai probably isn’t good but wow this defense is old and washed up. I would trade Mack for a 7th round pick at this point if a team was willing to take on his salary. Lol 1 tackle, 0 sacks from your “best” defensive player. What a fuggin joke. Jackson and Mack are washed up bums.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I thought the D would struggle, but this was just bad design, bad play, and unmotivated garbage. Prime time showed them the MFing door.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think they are quite the Rochester Jeffersons yet. Hopefully...

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like that gem where we gave up 50 to the Patriots then had a bye week and then gave up 50 to the Packers immediately after the bye. LOL.

Even if the Packers are 0-5 I would 100% expect them to have a get right game when they play the Bears.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Their needs to be accountability on this team. Remember that year when our secondary under Lovie played like crap against the Lions and the next week the vets were benched? Theirs a reason for that, this team has zero accountability across the board.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think they are quite the Rochester Jeffersons yet. Hopefully...
Let's hope not, but if they start giving up runs the way they did last night they will. I think the Trestman era was to Rochester Jefferson level, so we've reached that low before.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Eddie Jackson has regressed so much. The loss is really on him last night. Not only the missed opening blown coverage but he had some really good chances to make some stops in the running game but no he whiffed again, over and over. You cannot have that from your safety. We always knew tackling was a big weakness with him but it becomes worse when he is not taking the ball away like he was his first two seasons. He is baddddddddddddddddddddddd.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Lets bump this post because we all know this is fake ignore by Mitch Backtitski

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
The worst and dumbest posters are the people who constantly get baited into arguing with ncogneto. Almost anytime a thread has blown up out of nowhere you can be sure it’s the same 5 mouth breathers arguing with the guy from Detroit for pages on end. And it’s not even entertaining. It’s arguing about the bears and lions or Detroit. Who cares?

they’re too dumb to realize they’re letting some guy from Detroit own them by even engaging with him. (I also get some of it tongue in cheek and you’re just having fun. That’s rare though.) It’s usually just idiots going on page after page about how ones mediocrity is still better than the others.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Desai probably isn’t good but wow this defense is old and washed up. I would trade Mack for a 7th round pick at this point if a team was willing to take on his salary. Lol 1 tackle, 0 sacks from your “best” defensive player. What a fuggin joke. Jackson and Mack are washed up bums.
Well I mean not making excuses but they were playing away from him all night

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Well I mean not making excuses but they were playing away from him all night

I didn’t see him get double teamed a single time all game. He’s going against the RT to boot. Like Eddie Jackson, he’s not much interested in being involved in a play unless it’s a chance to cause a turnover.

It’s embarrassing for the highest paid player on the team to be so consistently invisible and mediocre.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn’t see him get double teamed a single time all game. He’s going against the RT to boot. Like Eddie Jackson, he’s not much interested in being involved in a play unless it’s a chance to cause a turnover.

It’s embarrassing for the highest paid player on the team to be so consistently invisible and mediocre.

I mean.. lol you must not have been watching. He also gets 0 help from Hicks, Goldman, Nichols etc., there is ZERO inside pressure. Him and I would even say Quinn do their jobs on most plays by getting to the launch point, all the quarterback has to do is step up in the pocket.

I do agree that he's "lost a step" but he's far from any issue on defense.
1631565565779.png

dignan

Liked Posts:
Here's a thought - stop trying to replicate the previous coordinator's scheme and hire a DC with a proven track record and give them the freedom to install their defense (ahem, Mike Pettine is still on the payroll).

Instead of doing that, we've now had 2 DCs who are either completely unfamiliar with the scheme (Tucker/Tampa 2, Pagano/Fangio) or guys with 0 experience (Desai) calling plays.