Blues at Hawks 12/2

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/preview-blackhawks-vs-blues---dec-2-2019/c-312049874

Lehner out with flu-like symptoms. Just what we need -- another regular out.

This one could get ugly. Blues are on a 3 game winning streak.
This is probably what we need however it goes.

Either we rally together and team proves to themselves they can band together without all the top guys and compete against a good opponent and rival with an energy game...

Or they get dismantled and this would be an opportune time to lose JC and/or Stan.

Colorado is a bitch because you cant play an energy game against their speed and at elevation you cant even try.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is probably what we need however it goes.

Either we rally together and team proves to themselves they can band together without all the top guys and compete against a good opponent and rival with an energy game...

Or they get dismantled and this would be an opportune time to lose JC and/or Stan.

Colorado is a bitch because you cant play an energy game against their speed and at elevation you cant even try.

Avs have had our number since like 2012 so this doesn't surprise me now that they have a full deck of elite players and are one of the best offenses in NHL.
Makar/s going to terrorize us

Granada

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I think the Avs are legit Cup contenders. They also have Byram in the wings, which could haunt the Hawks for the next decade if Dach doesn't pan out. I still have hope Dach will pan out, but I believe it will take longer than people realize -- 2 to 3 years, perhaps. But anyways.

It feels like it's only a matter of time until Crawford takes over behind the bench. Stan will hide behind yet another fall guy in Colliton.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After last game, my hope are low for this one.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I think the Avs are legit Cup contenders. They also have Byram in the wings, which could haunt the Hawks for the next decade if Dach doesn't pan out. I still have hope Dach will pan out, but I believe it will take longer than people realize -- 2 to 3 years, perhaps. But anyways.

It feels like it's only a matter of time until Crawford takes over behind the bench. Stan will hide behind yet another fall guy in Colliton.
Perhaps, but how many more fails will he be allowed? After all, JC was his guy.

Even if that happens, I still hope Stan's tenure ends at this season if the 'hawks don't make the playoffs. I think he's got enough bites at the apple at this point.

Plus, there's nothing that says Stan has to be retained for his picks to come to fruition. How many of the aging core guys are Smith's that Tallon, and then Stan inherited? Even if Dach is a couple of years out that's fine--the team has to think long game on Dach, Boqvist, etc. There may be a sophomore slump in there as well for all of them (it looks like Debrincat is in the midst of his).
After last game, my hope are low for this one.
Pretty much the same here. Both Crawford and Lehner looked bad against the Avs in spite of exemplary performances against Dallas, but the reality is that they've been the duct tape holding the ship together. The onus can't always be on them to be the drivers--nor should it be on Kane. I just don't have the feeling that anyone else *will* step it up at this point.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Shaw is out indefinitely now. So no Shaw, Keith, Strome, Lehner or Caggs.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Perhaps, but how many more fails will he be allowed? After all, JC was his guy.

Even if that happens, I still hope Stan's tenure ends at this season if the 'hawks don't make the playoffs. I think he's got enough bites at the apple at this point.

Plus, there's nothing that says Stan has to be retained for his picks to come to fruition. How many of the aging core guys are Smith's that Tallon, and then Stan inherited? Even if Dach is a couple of years out that's fine--the team has to think long game on Dach, Boqvist, etc. There may be a sophomore slump in there as well for all of them (it looks like Debrincat is in the midst of his).

Pretty much the same here. Both Crawford and Lehner looked bad against the Avs in spite of exemplary performances against Dallas, but the reality is that they've been the duct tape holding the ship together. The onus can't always be on them to be the drivers--nor should it be on Kane. I just don't have the feeling that anyone else *will* step it up at this point.

Ideally, Bowman would be gone before anyone, including Colliton -- but I doubt the org has the balls to do so. I'd love it if I'm wrong.

I said it before and I'll say it again: goal-tending will only get you so far. You can't expect to rely on your goalie every night to make 40-50 saves. That's why I hated the Lehner move -- without a competent team up front, it doesn't matter who is in goal.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think somehow the avs with this one too... 5-1 . Wonder if Colliton has ever run a bag skate.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Just win, please.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think somehow the avs with this one too... 5-1 . Wonder if Colliton has ever run a bag skate.
Doubt the ones who need it show up. Swear my 2 sons have better hockey conditioning than some of these goofs

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Power plays have become more detrimental than dangerous. Maybe I didn't realize what keith did for PP was defense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I vote new coach now. New GM in 20 more months if no change.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well be nice if ya clear the crease for your goalie, so he can ya know see the puck. Lottery here we come

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was...excremental.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just more half ass lazy play; I'm not really sure what can be done. Not sure a coaching change will fix it, and it's not like we can move Toews and Seabrookzival who seem to be absolute anchors on the ice