RRRRRRRRIP

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I had family that worked for him and for other partnered dealership groups in the 70's and 80's. Got to meet him a few times. I don't think it's very respectful to be honest about him and how he treated people right now.

But IDGAF about being respectful here, the world is a slightly better place now. Good riddance. All those big car dealer guys were blunt and jerks to some degree, but here is the true king of the assholes.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
On that note, third-party recruiters are the new used car salespeople

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh come on, isn't it pleasant to be wanted...

I am an IT Director.... I am on the side of this equation where they bombard me with e-mails and calls/texts trying to sell me their services.

It gets old, and weird.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am an IT Director.... I am on the side of this equation where they bombard me with e-mails and calls/texts trying to sell me their services.

It gets old, and weird.
Do they ever ask you what you are doing for the weekend or if you can have lunch?
Fucking sketchpads

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

It gets old, and weird.

Do they ever try to take you out on a proper date? Steaks, drinks, and BJ's might grease the wheels.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do they ever try to take you out on a proper date? Steaks, drinks, and BJ's might grease the wheels.

Yes, they try some of that shit.

Anything in that realm is a no-no from HR, so I always decline.

I've not had any of them actually attempt to push it beyond like "Can I buy you a meal?" or "My company would like to host a happy hour for your office."

However, the handful of them that managed to get in front of me when I worked downtown Chicago, were all attractive women in the 22-35 range.... sales will be sales.

I have little doubt that there is a swampy side of that business with seedier people where money and favors are traded for leads and/or contracts.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I've not had any of them actually attempt to push it beyond like "Can I buy you a meal?" or "My company would like to host a happy hour for your office."

However, the handful of them that managed to get in front of me when I worked downtown Chicago, were all attractive women in the 22-35 range.... sales will be sales.

I have little doubt that there is a swampy side of that business with seedier people where money and favors are traded for leads and/or contracts.
See pharm reps at least in the 80s-90s

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Fuck man, I wish I had people trying to buy me off with groupies.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuck man, I wish I had people trying to buy me off with groupies.

And risk losing a 6-fig salary for what are essentially job market vultures with good looks?

Fuck that noise.

I only wound up working with one of them, and she was married/w kids.... she kept trying to buy me lunch, but never gave off any "I'll fuck you for contracts/leads" vibe... hence why I worked with her.

You can find women for free... Tinder, Bumble, Coffee Meets Bagel, etc.... no reason to risk your livelihood to creep on sales girls.