Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
So shitty. Children should never die before their parents.

https://247sports.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/Article/Bobby-Engram-daughter-dead-121035682/

Daughter of Ravens wide receivers coach Bobby Engram passes away
BySTEVEN TARANTO 8 hours ago

On Saturday night, the Baltimore Ravens will take to the field for the third game of the preseason as they take on the Miami Dolphins at Hard Rock Stadium. They will be doing so with very heavy hearts.

On Saturday afternoon, just hours before the game, the Ravens announced that Bobbi Engram, the daughter of Ravens wide receivers coach and former NFL wide receiver Bobby Engram, died Saturday morning at the age of 20.

The Ravens Family extends deepest sympathy and prayers to Wide Receivers Coach Bobby Engram and his family.

A cause of death was not immediately made known. However, Bobbi had been born with hereditary sickle-cell disease, which she carried with her throughout her life. It is unclear if Sickle Cell Disease was the cause of Engram's death. Engram established his own charitable foundation in order to help underpriveleged children who were suffering from the same illness.

According to WebMD, Sickle Cell Disease occurs when the shape of hemoglobin (A molecule in red blood cells) is abnormal, resulting in the blood cells becoming rigid and curved. This results in extreme pain and anemia among other symptoms.

A second round draft pick by the Chicago Bears in 1996, Bobby Engram had a fruitful NFL career that saw him play a significant amount of time for the Bears, Seattle Seahawks, and Kansas City Chiefs. His greatest success would come with the Seahawks, where he played on the franchise's first-ever Super Bowl team that went to Super Bowl XL and set the single-season franchise record for receptions in 2007. Engram was named to the Seahawks' 35th Anniversary Team for his efforts. He finished his NFL career with the Cleveland Browns in 2010, when he tried to make the final rosters but failed to do so. After moving to coaching, Engram earned the Ravens' wide receivers coach position in 2014 after time with the San Francisco 49ers and Pittsburgh Panthers.

Speaking with Turren Davenport of Pro Player Insiders in 2014, Engram said that he was inspired to help other children with sickle cell disease by Bobbi, who told her father that she wanted to help other children who were going through the same thing she was.

"She told me ‘I want to help. How can I help other people?’", said Engram. "For a kid to have that kind of insight, that was very powerful to us. Everything happens for a reason. She’s why the foundation is in existence. Sometimes kids are so honest and they have a wisdom beyond their years. She is a blessing."

At the time of her passing, Bobbi Engram was a student at Towson University. Funeral arrangements are pending, as well as ways to help the Engram family in their time of need.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That’s simply awful. It sounds like she had wisdom beyond her years and really tried to make a difference for others battling her disease.

Liked Posts:
I have a friend who's girl friend died of Sickle Cell, it's a terrible condition and I do know she was very very sick. This is hard to hear.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Saddening. Thoughts and prayers to Bobby and Family.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Last year, Bobby could have been the Bears #1 WR.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
Bear nation is with you Bobby.

Short of losing multiple children, this has to be the worse thing that can happen to a person - just devastating. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Bobby.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Heart breaking :(