Bobby Peters - What Happened to Matt Nagy's Offense in 2019?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Dumb response by you once again.

We had a semblance of a run game two years ago. Nearly top in attempts. YPC wasn't as bad. Mitch ran the ball too.

And guess what, we also were tops in the league for deep shots too. Mitch also missed a lot, but he also made some.

This offense failed because we couldn't run the ball, or because the coach didn't call enough plays to keep the defense honest.

Hard to succeed in todays nfl when all you want to do is throw the ball and the defense plays against the pass nearly every down.

Hard to succeed in the nfl when the opposing defense rarely blitzes because they can do whatever they want to you with 4 down linemen.

We could never get the screen game going, never got a TE going to exploit the seams or suck up underneath coverage.

Essentially, this entire offense had defenders sticking to them like glue all year long. It was easy to see what the problem was week 1 against the packers, and it never changed throughout the season.

You can blame whoever you want for all that shit, but all I know is the guy at the top was the one who promised us Offense 202 and failed hard.
Bro calm the fucck down kid.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm not defending mitch, I don't think he is the answer. I also don't think he is as bad as he was this year. Difficult to imagine any non elite qb could succeed in the conditions.

Tight End is as bad as i've ever seen it.
The run game as well.
The oline is getting near as bad as the early jay cutler days.
A playcaller who still hasn't found his offensive identity.

Thats saying something. And it's scary, because whoever we bring in is going to have to deal with those same issues.

I don't know the answer, what I do know is if we had a run game this year this team would most likely still be playing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
His yards per attempt was damn near dead last in the NFL (if not dead last) and you want to point to expected completion percentage? Lmfao. Should we give him a crown for being the king of checkdowns too?
I would suggest looking beyond a single stat and actually understanding the meaning behind those stats. You’ll have a better informed opinion and appear much more intelligent.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I would suggest looking beyond a single stat and actually understanding the meaning behind those stats. You’ll have a better informed opinion and appear much more intelligent.

At least he isn't like remy who doesn't watch the games at all but looks at the box score.

WCBF might not know whats going on during the game but at least he tries to follow it.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Is this the pot calling the kettle black? You cited one statistic.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this the pot calling the kettle black? You cited one statistic.
No i cited several. Expected completion percentage, compared passer ratings by distance from year one to year two and dropped passes.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Not sure what the YPC differential is for the season but for the one game (LAC) I actually charted it was pretty substantial.

LAC game:

7.6 yard per carry from 2 back formations with a lead blocker

vs

3.6 yards per carry (including the 55 yarder) from Nagy's RPO
(1.6 yards per carry when you remove that fluke 55 yard outlier. )

Yup. It all comes back to his ego.

A good coach is willing to adapt and use whatever scheme or formation necessary to win (like Harbaugh did changing literally everything around to suit Lamar). Unfortunately, Nagy cares more about doing things HIS way than winning games. 16 weeks stubbornly running the same concepts game after game watching them fail repeatedly. Every week giving the same excuses about needing to find an identity when an obvious one is starring you right in the face.

Even worse, all this shit should of been figured out in camp. But Nagy was too busy reading his own press-clippings.

I can't wrap my mind around how that isn't the game plan versus Green Bay. You know they are going to play nickel. You know they suck against the run. Put in a fullback and run until they stop you. Instead he runs the same shit that hasn't worked all season.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Yards per attempt goes down when 10 plats are called as WR screens you fucking idiot.

Those take the average backwards. Its literally a -1 yard or 0 yard pass

You cant be this dumb.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I actually think Dallas was the best called/played game because Dallas weakness on defense was the TE. So the Bears practice squad TEs were actually able to do something which opened up the entire offense. Trubs also ran some keepers as well.
Agreed, Mitch made a lot of good RPO reads for once.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'm not defending mitch, I don't think he is the answer. I also don't think he is as bad as he was this year. Difficult to imagine any non elite qb could succeed in the conditions.

Tight End is as bad as i've ever seen it.
The run game as well.
The oline is getting near as bad as the early jay cutler days.
A playcaller who still hasn't found his offensive identity.

Thats saying something. And it's scary, because whoever we bring in is going to have to deal with those same issues.

I don't know the answer, what I do know is if we had a run game this year this team would most likely still be playing.
Agreed, and its so strange that the run game is such garbage because that is literally the one offensive "strength" the Bears teams has had the last 20 years. And now it's Detroit Lions bad...

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Agreed, and its so strange that the run game is such garbage because that is literally the one offensive "strength" the Bears teams has had the last 20 years. And now it's Detroit Lions bad...
Now they've gone "modern"

Which means less running the ball and more Gary Crowton WR screens

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Do you expect me to take this seriously? They have Jared Goff at 1, Jameis Winston at 2, Brady at 4, Dak Prescott at 6, Baker Mayfield at 10, and then Andy Dalton at 11.

You keep making the argument that the team around you doesnt matter. This is a football forum. We argue actual football here. If you wanna argue espn level intelligence bullshit, throw a neighborhood barbeque, get everyone drunk and ask the question "How bout dem Bears?". I guarantee the answers you get wont satisfy you just like your repeating the same talking points with little to no facts or statistics or siting any actual specific variables that might play into it bother us.

Its just "Mitch sucks"

So this is how you sound.

"Bradys done" "nope its Brady" "Brady has great weapons" "Brady is wasting a #1 defense" "Brady misses guys deep, cant throw deep anymore"

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Bro calm the fucck down kid.

Telling him to calm the fuck down when youre calling people fucking morons.

Calm down. After you get your ass handed to you in a legitimate debate. Calm down because you cant conjure up an intelligent rebuttal.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't wrap my mind around how that isn't the game plan versus Green Bay. You know they are going to play nickel. You know they suck against the run. Put in a fullback and run until they stop you. Instead he runs the same shit that hasn't worked all season.

He had Trubisky throwing into nickel and dime coverage....12 rushing attempts the entire game.....

Nagy summed up his own shitty play calling by game 1 of the season.