Bobby Peters - What Happened to Matt Nagy's Offense in 2019?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please provide

expected completion percentage....I trust it more than your eye test....

I also trust my eye test more than yours.

Trubisky was missing a lot of passes last year that he should have hit....that went down considerable on short and intermediate passes.

His passer rating on passes behind the line of scrimage, 0-10 yards and 11 to 20 yards was either within average margin of passer rating or above average. His only far below area was deep center field.....couple that with thew Bears leading the league in drops......

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Because you have an OL that can’t move people against a nickel defense. Houston and KC are able to run the ball which the Bears can’t. Bears were also right around average at pass percentage.

So...I think we can assume Mitch will play better if the OL can run block better. They ran the ball 70+ times less than last year.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
expected completion percentage....I trust it more than your eye test....

I also trust my eye test more than yours.

Trubisky was missing a lot of passes last year that he should have hit....that went down considerable on short and intermediate passes.

His passer rating on passes behind the line of scrimage, 0-10 yards and 11 to 20 yards was either within average margin of passer rating or above average. His only far below area was deep center field.....couple that with thew Bears leading the league in drops......
His yards per attempt was damn near dead last in the NFL (if not dead last) and you want to point to expected completion percentage? Lmfao. Should we give him a crown for being the king of checkdowns too?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So...I think we can assume Mitch will play better if the OL can run block better. They ran the ball 70+ times less than last year.
Sure. But that doesn’t make him a good QB. Or even an average one. Better than bottom 5 doesn’t cut it in the NFL. We need to see him on his own be better.

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
No man he did stupid shit all season. The Dallas Game was his best called game. Trubisky looked like a Star.

He went away from that. He's gotta do it his way. He'd rather lose than chsnge his playcalling style.

I actually think Dallas was the best called/played game because Dallas weakness on defense was the TE. So the Bears practice squad TEs were actually able to do something which opened up the entire offense. Trubs also ran some keepers as well.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Do you expect me to take this seriously? They have Jared Goff at 1, Jameis Winston at 2, Brady at 4, Dak Prescott at 6, Baker Mayfield at 10, and then Andy Dalton at 11.
You don't know to use advanced stats I see

msadows

Liked Posts:
Do you expect me to take this seriously? They have Jared Goff at 1, Jameis Winston at 2, Brady at 4, Dak Prescott at 6, Baker Mayfield at 10, and then Andy Dalton at 11.

Bro calm the fucck down kid.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Interesting stuff. CHI/Trubisky is tied for last in average pocket time. 2.3 seconds. lol!

I've lived long enough to realize that 90% of chicago always blames the QB.

The other 10% blames everyone but the QB.

Then you have the .01% who aren't retards and just realize the franchise is a giant turd sandwich.

Yea, 100.01%, bitches.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
It
Any specific ones you want me to look at?
All of them...it's pretty telling actually.

Mahomes, Trubisky & Watson are all pretty much the same when it comes to Bad Throw %.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It

All of them...it's pretty telling actually.

Mahomes, Trubisky & Watson are all pretty much the same when it comes to Bad Throw %.
Look at their YPA and YPC differences though. Mitch doesn’t push the downfield at all. It’s hard to have a “bad throw” on a 5 yard check down.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Look at their YPA and YPC differences though. Mitch doesn’t push the downfield at all. It’s hard to have a “bad throw” on a 5 yard check down.

Hard to push the ball downfield when the opposite team is playing 2 deep nearly all the time.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ball would be on the sidelines either way

Dumb response by you once again.

We had a semblance of a run game two years ago. Nearly top in attempts. YPC wasn't as bad. Mitch ran the ball too.

And guess what, we also were tops in the league for deep shots too. Mitch also missed a lot, but he also made some.

This offense failed because we couldn't run the ball, or because the coach didn't call enough plays to keep the defense honest.

Hard to succeed in todays nfl when all you want to do is throw the ball and the defense plays against the pass nearly every down.

Hard to succeed in the nfl when the opposing defense rarely blitzes because they can do whatever they want to you with 4 down linemen.

We could never get the screen game going, never got a TE going to exploit the seams or suck up underneath coverage.

Essentially, this entire offense had defenders sticking to them like glue all year long. It was easy to see what the problem was week 1 against the packers, and it never changed throughout the season.

You can blame whoever you want for all that shit, but all I know is the guy at the top was the one who promised us Offense 202 and failed hard.