"Body shaming"

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I've always thought that making fun of someone for being fat is mean. Certainly these days everybody thinks so.

Nobody thinks that making fun of someone for being skinny is mean though.
That's true, the "somebody get the guy a cheeseburger" shit is still totally allowed...

Much like joking about gingers is still just fine, even though it shouldn't be.

Do you feel like you get picked in frequently for being skinny?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Personal story: I know a woman who is 5'4,'' maybe 5'5,'' but who easily clears the 250 pound mark. I'd put her at 270-280. In short, she's very overweight (and she always has been too, though she's not old, she's 30).

She ALWAYS makes comments on me being skinny. Nothing that's over the top or anything, but I just find it to be strange is all.
Tell that fat bitch to eat less. She is obviously comfortable calling you a skinny guy in some sort of shameful way so let her know she should consider losing 100 pounds

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
That's true, the "somebody get the guy a cheeseburger" shit is still totally allowed...

Much like joking about gingers is still just fine, even though it shouldn't be.

Do you feel like you get picked in frequently for being skinny?
Eh, depends what crowd I'm in. Last Friday night I probably got 10 total comments, but I often get it from that crowd.

In other crowds I don't get comments ever, so it all depends.

Overall I don't think it's frequent.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Tell that fat bitch to eat less. She is obviously comfortable calling you a skinny guy in some sort of shameful way so let her know she should consider losing 100 pounds
Eh, like I said in my first post in the thread, I don't mind it much. Some jokes I've gotten are genuinely funny, and none of them have ever come off as ill-intentioned.

Though she would be in a much better spot if she lost 100 pounds, and she would probably like herself better.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Eh, depends what crowd I'm in. Last Friday night I probably got 10 total comments, but I often get it from that crowd.

In other crowds I don't get comments ever, so it all depends.

Overall I don't think it's frequent.
So how skinny are you?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not an extreme amount, just a typical thin dude.
Like height/weight? I feel like you're taking a lot of heat for no reason lol.

I have a buddy who has a ridiculous metabolism. He's 6'3 and I'd say between 175-200lbs. Very skinny. He eats fast food and drinks Monsters all day long and hasn't gained a pound since college.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Like height/weight? I feel like you're taking a lot of heat for no reason lol.

I have a buddy who has a ridiculous metabolism. He's 6'3 and I'd say between 175-200lbs. Very skinny. He eats fast food and drinks Monsters all day long and hasn't gained a pound since college.
Does he feel comfortable fat shaming people? If so he sounds like a shorter version of Novak.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've always thought that making fun of someone for being fat is mean. Certainly these days everybody thinks so.

Nobody thinks that making fun of someone for being skinny is mean though.

I totally agree with this post.

Sure the fat kid would get made fun of at school or something, but in polite company no one said to your face "You are too fat" on a regular basis.

While my own freaking relatives that supposedly loved me more than anyone on this planet constantly told me to my nine year old face "You are too skinny" literally every time I saw them!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I get offended when people tell me I've lost weight. Oh, so you were silently judging me for being a tub of lard before?

Haha the last time I lost weight people kept sabotaging my weight loss. Pro tip don't tell people your on a diet.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I totally agree with this post.

Sure the fat kid would get made fun of at school or something, but in polite company no one said to your face "You are too fat" on a regular basis.

While my own freaking relatives that supposedly loved me more than anyone on this planet constantly told me to my nine year old face "You are too skinny" literally every time I saw them!
I have a real cunt Aunt who is probably a combination of sociopath/Aspeger's. She likes to tell anyone she thinks is too fat that they are too fat, relatives or otherwise.

Well, my turn came due when we moved back here, I got married, and put on a bit of a paunch. I almost knew it was coming when I saw her.

"Tardigrade, you're fat."

Without batting an eyelid, I said, "Well, Aunt Pat, you've always looked like a man."

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a real cunt Aunt who is probably a combination of sociopath/Aspeger's. She likes to tell anyone she thinks is too fat that they are too fat, relatives or otherwise.

While i was typing out that post, i was thinking in the back of my head that I will probably get some horror show aunt stories bounced back at me for it.

Glad it was yours.

L
M
A
O

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s partly what people eat and drink but the biggest obstacle (from my perspective) is people being too damn lazy to exercise. People are couch potatoes and not nearly active enough.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
they're just sitting on their finite reserve of energy like Trump