"Body shaming"

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
While i was typing out that post, i was thinking in the back of my head that I will probably get some horror show aunt stories bounced back at me for it.

Glad it was yours.

L
M
A
O
I got a funny one but with a twist. My grandma sister was like a 5'0 90 pound country gal. No filter and would call people fat left and right. Well, I was a husky lad and we were at a family function. She was telling my cousins they were fat then looks at me and goes "You're so handsome". My cousins jaws just dropped. My whole life she never called me fat, but I was the only one. She was a strange old lady. lol

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I got a funny one but with a twist. My grandma sister was like a 5'0 90 pound country gal. No filter and would call people fat left and right. Well, I was a husky lad and we were at a family function. She was telling my cousins they were fat then looks at me and goes "You're so handsome". My cousins jaws just dropped. My whole life she never called me fat, but I was the only one. She was a strange old lady. lol
pls tell me you didn't go to bed with her

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s partly what people eat and drink but the biggest obstacle (from my perspective) is people being too damn lazy to exercise. People are couch potatoes and not nearly active enough.
Weight gain is almost entirely diet related, not activity related. We're talking like 85%/15%

All people gotta do to lose weight is to LITERALLY EAT LESS. It's disgusting how some people try to make it seem like such an impossible task.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Like height/weight? I feel like you're taking a lot of heat for no reason lol.

I have a buddy who has a ridiculous metabolism. He's 6'3 and I'd say between 175-200lbs. Very skinny. He eats fast food and drinks Monsters all day long and hasn't gained a pound since college.
5'7'' and 130 pounds, give or take a few.

I'm a small guy, and it's a bit difficult for me to lift and do all that because I have a condition known as "lax ligaments." Just means I've got a lot of mobility in my joints and it's easy for me to cause strains and inflammation and such. Though using a smaller ROM and avoiding certain lifts helps.

Not like I can hit the gym now anyways, but it's actually easier to gain/lose weight than people think, as @Novak said. Fast and slow metabolisms are a thing, but they don't have as much an impact as people think. Want to gain? Eat a caloric surplus. Want to lose? Eat a caloric deficit.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weight gain is almost entirely diet related, not activity related. We're talking like 85%/15%

All people gotta do to not lose weight is to LITERALLY EAT LESS. It's disgusting how some people try to make it seem like such an impossible task.
I would agree that when talking about diet/activity, 85%/15% is fairly accurate.

I would disagree that all you have to do is eat less. The 1 thing you need do is learn that what people have been taught about dieting for the past ~50 years, is 100% wrong. It's not about calories in/ calories out. Your body doesn't count calories. It is all hormonal and the #1 hormone you must concern yourself with is insulin.

You want to eat in a way that is going to, not only, spike insulin less but also a way that is going to affect insulin less often. Overweight people try dieting constantly and the more often they do it, the harder it becomes to lose weight the next time. When one reduces calories on this standard western high carb diet, they are told to eat several little meals throughout the day. That is the worst advice ever and couldn't be more wrong. When raised, insulin blocks all stored fat from being used as energy. It can then only store more fat. If you're eating 5 or 6 times during the day, that's 5 or 6 times every day that you're affording your body more opportunity to store fat.

This is why IF and keto have both been found to be so effective. They address the insulin straight on and give the body more time to burn fat than to store it. People just hate on both IF and keto because both go against the grain of what they've been brainwashed with for the past several decades.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would agree that when talking about diet/activity, 85%/15% is fairly accurate.

I would disagree that all you have to do is eat less. The 1 thing you need do is learn that what people have been taught about dieting for the past ~50 years, is 100% wrong. It's not about calories in/ calories out. Your body doesn't count calories. It is all hormonal and the #1 hormone you must concern yourself with is insulin.

You want to eat in a way that is going to, not only, spike insulin less but also a way that is going to affect insulin less often. Overweight people try dieting constantly and the more often they do it, the harder it becomes to lose weight the next time. When one reduces calories on this standard western high carb diet, they are told to eat several little meals throughout the day. That is the worst advice ever and couldn't be more wrong. When raised, insulin blocks all stored fat from being used as energy. It can then only store more fat. If you're eating 5 or 6 times during the day, that's 5 or 6 times every day that you're affording your body more opportunity to store fat.

This is why IF and keto have both been found to be so effective. They address the insulin straight on and give the body more time to burn fat than to store it. People just hate on both IF and keto because both go against the grain of what they've been brainwashed with for the past several decades.
Dude, I'm not even disagreeing with you. But if someone who is morbidly obese starts consuming under 1800 calories a day with normal activity levels, they will lose weight regardless of what they eat. You can literally just eat less food and lose weight. It can be done.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It’s partly what people eat and drink but the biggest obstacle (from my perspective) is people being too damn lazy to exercise. People are couch potatoes and not nearly active enough.
You are gonna vote for someone to be POTUS this year who has eaten McDonalds literally all of his life and tells people that exercise is actually bad for you, so understand why I lol at u af rn

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, I'm not even disagreeing with you. But if someone who is morbidly obese starts consuming under 1800 calories a day with normal activity levels, they will lose weight regardless of what they eat. You can literally just eat less food and lose weight. It can be done.
They will lose weight initially just cause they've cut the amount they normally eat so drastically. Then they try to return to what is figured to be a normal amount of calories for their weight and start packing on the pounds cause they didn't address that hormonal issue, their metabolism is now slowed drastically and will continue to slow for years to come. This old calorie in/calorie out, several small meals a day BS only leads to insulin resistance and that's why these fat asses fail every time. It's not that they haven't tried to diet and lose weight many times, it's that they always end up gaining the weight back cause they've been duped into taking the common idiotic rhetoric put out over the years.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are gonna vote for someone to be POTUS this year who has eaten McDonalds literally all of his life and tells people that exercise is actually bad for you, so understand why I lol at u af rn
And proudly professes to drinking two 6 packs of Diet soda per day....

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And proudly professes to drinking two 6 packs of Diet soda per day....
That guarantees insane gum disease if he actually has teeth. Dude is srs gonna die real soon if he is on speed like he totes appears to be

Last edited:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

All people gotta do to lose weight is to LITERALLY EAT LESS. It's disgusting how some people try to make it seem like such an impossible task.
People that exercise regularly so that it becomes a habit tend to make lifestyle choices, such as eating better, drinking less, etc.

But that takes effort and unfortunately, most people would rather sit on the couch and get chubby, then fat.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are you discussing the same President who rolled back the Obama's healthy eating initiative for shcool lunches which includes fruits and vegetables for pizza and french fries? MAGAAAAAAAA

@Gunzaan i quoted the wrong post

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People that exercise regularly so that it becomes a habit tend to make lifestyle choices, such as eating better, drinking less, etc.

But that takes effort and unfortunately, most people would rather sit on the couch and get chubby, then fat.
So you are suggesting that people try to be more athletic so they can change their diets?

This is a serious question because I have never encountered this position before.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you are suggesting that people try to be more athletic so they can change their diets?

This is a serious question because I have never encountered this position before.
I’m suggesting that people that exercise regularly also tend to make other healthier lifestyle choices, like eating healthier, as well.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m suggesting that people that exercise regularly also tend to make other healthier lifestyle choices, like eating healthier, as well.
You are absolutely correct and dont even need to suggest it. It is well established that people who go to the gym or run all week dont eat like slobs

Has anyone ever told you that you have a marvelous grasp of the obvious?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm on a Big Mac / Diet Coke / Twitter diet myself.

I also walk a lot, but I walk slowly, so as not to use up too much of my innate energy.