Bollig & Smith Sign 2 Year Deals

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Hutton, 26, is expected to start for the Rockford IceHogs next year after putting together a spectacular 22-13-4 run last season with a .917 SV% along with a 2.35 GAA.

Smith, 23, had his season cut short due to a devastating right hip labral tear and sports hernia. He had surgery on March 15th and his timetable to return is approximately 16 weeks of recovery. In 19 career regular season games, Smith has 3 goals to his name as well as 3 goals in 7 playoff games.

Bollig, 25, is expected to take on the role left by John Scott and continue to bring his physical presence when needed next season on the Blackhawks.

Tracey Myers@TramyersCSN

#Blackhawks come to terms on two-year deals with @Bollig87 and Ben Smith, and on a one-year deal with Carter Hutton.

Click here to view the article

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Not surprised at any of that to be honest.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From the Blackhawks Ministry of Propaganda.

2 more years of great tweets and gritty play! Brandon Bollig, Ben Smith and Carter Hutton re-signed

Glad to see a player's ability to tweet is something to be celebrated!

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Nice to see they want to keep Bollig around I enjoyed watching him play.

Smith... meh.

Hutton I'm assuming is now the "goalie of the future", but that could be hit or miss.

R K

As for Hutton being the goalie of the future, HUH? Although he played well they have nothing in Rockford. They needed to keep him.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Smith has twice the talent as Bolig. Bolig, Meh...

Smith hasn't impressed me all that much. I understand he was hurt all of last season but I've never been high on him.

Bollig brings something that this team doesn't have. He can play a regular shift, willing to toss his weight around and will drop the gloves.

As for Hutton being the goalie of the future, HUH? Although he played well they have nothing in Rockford. They needed to keep him.

I'm assuming they will be trying to make Hutton the goalie of the future. Typically that's what you do with your starting goaltender in the AHL.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Smith hasn't impressed me all that much. I understand he was hurt all of last season but I've never been high on him.

Bollig brings something that this team doesn't have. He can play a regular shift, willing to toss his weight around and will drop the gloves.

I'm assuming they will be trying to make Hutton the goalie of the future. Typically that's what you do with your starting goaltender in the AHL.

He sure took his time seeking out Torres.

Not impressed.... he got beat up by Bissonette.

R K

Well he did go after him the next shift. He wasn't on the ice when Torres wiped him out. That said, yea, I kinda agree.

As for Hutton, I disagree, which is why they are talking about drafting another goalie. Not to say Hutton can't, but he's behind the 8 ball on the NHL.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rk... who went after him after the whistle? I thought it was Bollig but I was there live and haven't really watched the replay of the aftermath.

Not a huge fan of Bollig but he's a hell of a better option than Scott.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

At 26? I think it's a depth signing, nothing more.

NHLN (take it for what it's worth) thinks the Hawks are interested in Subban from Belleville.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From every recap I saw as soon as Hossa was nailed Bollig went after Torres, who either (a) Turtled or (
<
felt his menses running down his leg and adjusted his tampon.

Credit for the attempt, but maybe, just maybe, Grim has high expectations like I do and hoped that Bollig wouldn't let a little thing like a linesman restraing him stop him from taking out someone who hurt a star player (like Probert).

As for Bollig proper...12/13th fwd that is not too huge of a liability and loaded with sandpaper. I'm not too upset with the signing. I still think the 'hawks need to focus on moving one of Hammer or Montador, and replacing them with a defensive D-man (aquisition or just hoping Olsen is addition by subtraction), then geting a *real* #2C or a #2LW who can play opposite of Hossa and is sound in the backend, then getting a coaching staff than formulates a system around the players' capabilities, not hoping what we have can play a style 2 years obsolete, then getting a GM who resume goes beyond tabulating legumes, and finally, getting a president who's not the long lost brother of Rudy Russo from "Used Cars"

R K

Rk... who went after him after the whistle? I thought it was Bollig but I was there live and haven't really watched the replay of the aftermath.

Not a huge fan of Bollig but he's a hell of a better option than Scott.

Not sure but yea, better than scott for sure.

I'd sign Smith long before Bolig though. No question.

Bollig went after him the next shift and he turtled. Right from the face off Lord.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thought so...You have to at least credit him for trying to cash in on Torres...after all it's not his fault that Torres is a gutless puke piece of shit and even though my frosted side wished otherwise, would it have helped the cause any more if Bollig went Old-school Probert on him?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought so...You have to at least credit him for trying to cash in on Torres...after all it's not his fault that Torres is a gutless puke piece of shit and even though my frosted side wished otherwise, would it have helped the cause any more if Bollig went Old-school Probert on him?

Yes, it would have given Hoss a video clip to view over and over again as he rehabs.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, it would have given Hoss a video clip to view over and over again as he rehabs.

Related to that hit Bowman during his interview stated Hossa is on the mend, participating in off season strength and conditioning and expects him to be ready/healthy for training camp.