Boom or Bust draft

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if underwhelming, but I sure feel like Pace is gambling with this draft (Emery Style).
Project, Div II players, midget, and medical.

I kid, but there is no doubt that this is the riskiest draft we have seen and probably will be Pace's defining draft.

I will wait to see how it plays out...I think if Trubisky succeeds none of these others matter, but I'm hoping we can get 3 starters trubisky, shaheen and Jackson...3 would be excellent at positions of need.

That's it for me..no bitching or cunting, just questions.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not the first time a young GM gets cute in their third draft.

These never work out well.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We're going to hate it until they step on the field.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Trubisky and Jackson. But all that matters is that Pace hits on Trubisky.

laputan

Liked Posts:
In Sadowski we trust

:pace:

Last off-season was Mark Sadowski's first as director of college scouting for the Bears, replacing Joe Douglas, who was in charge of the team's 2015 class, which has been a relative disappointment thus far. Sadowski led the evaluation and grading process the Bears took into the war room during last year's selection process, and he landed big on a number of picks, particularly Howard.

With the Saints [Sadowski] was instrumental in drafting the Saints all-time leading rusher Deuce McAllister (2001 first round pick - #23 overall), receiver Danté Stallworth (2002 first round pick - #13 overall), defensive end Charles Grant (2002 first round pick - #25 overall), and 2009 Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jon Stinchcomb (2003 second round pick - #37 overall). As a member of the Bears he helped acquire the NFL’s all-time TD return leader Devin Hester (2006 second round pick - #57 overall), Pro Bowl tight end Greg Olsen (2007 first round pick - #31 overall), and Pro Bowl receiver Alshon Jeffrey (2012 second round pick - #45 overall).

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not a good draft on paper. What they do on the field is a another thing. If Trubisky turns out and is a franchise QB, this will be considered a success though.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the end of the day all you can ask has the team been made better now? Well, has it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At the end of the day all you can ask has the team been made better now? Well, has it?

Won't know that for a few months, maybe not till mid season on some of he players, others not till 2018....one nice thing is that the kid QB should get a ton of reps in the pre-season.

smilebit

Liked Posts:

For this season, no, I don't see any contributing that much with the exception of Eddie Jackson. For the seasons after this, I do believe it will. A lot of "ifs" in the scenario but as long as Trubs pans out then it was a good draft. I like the TE choice, again don't think he is nfl ready this year but give him a year and I think he'll be a good player. Cohen will be an interesting backup to Howard, that combo definitely has me intrigued.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If Jackson translates to the NFL that one hit would be great.
Trubisky is an A for trying. One thing is for sure, if you don't draft top rated QBs you won't find a top rated QB. (Sure you can get lucky lower but that's for when you have a QB.)

PunkinaChair

I would have preferred us to grab a higher rated defensive player in the 2nd instead of getting a TE, but overall I'm very happy with this draft. Just imagine IF Kevin White can stay healthy for the first time, that in a way would feel like we just drafted a WR in the 1st round. He has barely seen the field his first 2 seasons so if he's healthy this whole season it will be like as if we just grabbed him in the 1st this year.
The best way I can describe my feelings about this draft is"cautiously optimistic".

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Jackson translates to the NFL that one hit would be great.
Trubisky is an A for trying. One thing is for sure, if you don't draft top rated QBs you won't find a top rated QB. (Sure you can get lucky lower but that's for when you have a QB.)

Waiting on Trubs for a year just another excuse to keep losing. Piss poor off season offers little or no improvement for this coming season.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Waiting on Trubs for a year just another excuse to keep losing. Piss poor off season offers little or no improvement for this coming season.

How long for Eli Manning? 3 years.
How about Luck? Still waiting.

This is why I was saying you idiots who wanted Cutler cut to go with a scrub were idiots. We should've been drafting 1st round QBs years ago not wasting time with Fales or Haney pretending if we sat them long enough they would turn into something.

We got the top rated QB from the 2017 draft. That may not be saying much but it's a lot better than drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th like some wanted.

PunkinaChair

How long for Eli Manning? 3 years.
How about Luck? Still waiting.

This is why I was saying you idiots who wanted Cutler cut to go with a scrub were idiots. We should've been drafting 1st round QBs years ago not wasting time with Fales or Haney pretending if we sat them long enough they would turn into something.

We got the top rated QB from the 2017 draft. That may not be saying much but it's a lot better than drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th like some wanted.

Exactly...you can't realistically believe ANY rookie QB will be able to come out and light it up immediately and sustain that success. Preskott did a very good job of that last season, but he also had an incredible team around him. Between having one of the best O-lines in the NFL, a pro bowl RB in Elliott, and solid weapons on offense, it wasn't a massive shocker that he performed so well. I want Trubisky to get the Aaaron Rodgers treatment of sitting on the bench first to get the feel of now being on an NFL team with the verbiage of the playbook and not having the pressure of "win now". I'd much rather take things slow than just throw him out there and possibly rattle his confidence and his body. I think a lot of rookie QB's who get thrown out there right away get their confidence blown when they see how much more difficult winning is in the NFL than college. I want to focus on the next 10 years and do it proper instead of throwing him out there right away.

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
I would have preferred us to grab a higher rated defensive player in the 2nd instead of getting a TE, but overall I'm very happy with this draft. Just imagine IF Kevin White can stay healthy for the first time, that in a way would feel like we just drafted a WR in the 1st round. He has barely seen the field his first 2 seasons so if he's healthy this whole season it will be like as if we just grabbed him in the 1st this year.
The best way I can describe my feelings about this draft is"cautiously optimistic".

When I step back it kind of looks like the team low-key has tried to revamp the offense.

WR:
Cam Meredith(if last year was not an anomaly)
White (the most exciting question mark)
Eddie Royal (this is his last guaranteed year)

Another RB to feed a potentially run heavy attack.

A versatile Tight End that can be used in the box or as a reciever - we can now run a legit 2 TE set, and also a legit wishbone formation!

Add in the fact that we have 2 new QB's...

Yeah, I think they bet that the defense will be settled with remaining FA pickups and with a little bit of elbow grease maybe the offense could be stealthily revamped.

:smoke::smoke:v-:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya took that out of context but needless to say there's been a lot of losing with Ryan and I see no changes on the horizon.