Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Houston Astros
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
@HeHateMe @Grimson
Figured you boys might like this (if you haven’t already seen it)......good read from secondcityhockey.com about the up and coming blueliner:

“ Most common partner(s) at 5-on-5: De Haan (114:16), Keith (97:58)

Since returning to the lineup after missing time due to COVID, Boqvist has been playing his best professional hockey to date. Not only has he been breaking up opposing rushes regularly, he’s been pushing pace the other way and contributing to the Blackhawks offensive zone time. During the last 13 games, Boqvist has the highest rate of takeaways (1.45) and pass breakups (5.23). His defense is not without mistake — and some are still major, let’s be honest — but his improvement and effort on the back end has been promising.

Boqvist also started showing off his high offensive talent, collecting 9 points in 13 games. Switching to de Haan as his primary partner likely had a positive effect on his ability to jump into the play more, as CDH can be the more steady presence behind him. Boqvist had the highest points (2.17) and assists (1.45) per 60 rates among defensemen in that span. He also had the highest individual point percentage (57.14) in that span, which indicates how often a player earns a point when his team scores a goal. On the power play, Boqvist was at 100 percent, factoring into all four power play goals scored when he was on the ice. Not bad.

Everyone on the Blackhawks has taken a hit in terms of shot metric possession, but Boqvist saw one of the smallest dips and had the third-best shot attempt share at 49.04 percent. However, that is with Boqvist seeing the highest share of offensive zone starts on the team and typically the some of the highest quality of teammate. Still, seeing Boqvist begin to make strides defensively while contributing meaningfully in terms of offense is exactly the progress that needs to be happening at the moment.”

I would of added to the Boqvist appreciation thread, but unfortunately it was kaboshed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
@HeHateMe @Grimson
Figured you boys might like this (if you haven’t already seen it)......good read from secondcityhockey.com about the up and coming blueliner:

“ Most common partner(s) at 5-on-5: De Haan (114:16), Keith (97:58)

Since returning to the lineup after missing time due to COVID, Boqvist has been playing his best professional hockey to date. Not only has he been breaking up opposing rushes regularly, he’s been pushing pace the other way and contributing to the Blackhawks offensive zone time. During the last 13 games, Boqvist has the highest rate of takeaways (1.45) and pass breakups (5.23). His defense is not without mistake — and some are still major, let’s be honest — but his improvement and effort on the back end has been promising.

Boqvist also started showing off his high offensive talent, collecting 9 points in 13 games. Switching to de Haan as his primary partner likely had a positive effect on his ability to jump into the play more, as CDH can be the more steady presence behind him. Boqvist had the highest points (2.17) and assists (1.45) per 60 rates among defensemen in that span. He also had the highest individual point percentage (57.14) in that span, which indicates how often a player earns a point when his team scores a goal. On the power play, Boqvist was at 100 percent, factoring into all four power play goals scored when he was on the ice. Not bad.

Everyone on the Blackhawks has taken a hit in terms of shot metric possession, but Boqvist saw one of the smallest dips and had the third-best shot attempt share at 49.04 percent. However, that is with Boqvist seeing the highest share of offensive zone starts on the team and typically the some of the highest quality of teammate. Still, seeing Boqvist begin to make strides defensively while contributing meaningfully in terms of offense is exactly the progress that needs to be happening at the moment.”

I would of added to the Boqvist appreciation thread, but unfortunately it was kaboshed.

What an absolutely fantastic analysis... that is going to upset a lot of the hockey boomers (idiots) here... especially Fartini.

Must be a tough pill to swallow being wrong about something, I wouldn't know, but hope some of the idiots here come around.

Thanks @Robocop 80

Yeah, not sure why @MassHavoc locked a thread appreciating a Blackhawks prospect yet lets other "callout" threads stand for Kane and others. He has never really been that fair.

Pretty sad to see censoring on a board with 7 active members but glad the appreciation is seen by others.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read that earlier today. Interesting write up overall

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eye-test has seen Boqvist look better recently, but his development still has a long way to go and it's very foolish to look at a defensman with an offense myopia--which a lot of fans do. The team cannot afford guys like Leddy (when we had him), Runblad, or Gustaffson--the team simply does not have defensive-minded D-men who can cover for a 13th FWD-type D-man and not get caught up ice. He needs to keep doing what he's been doing in recent games moving forward and putting offense secondary (without forgetting it of course).

Yes he's young and there will be teething troubles. But it does look like a lot of his rookie mistakes he made, and kept on making last year and this year are starting to work themselves loose. At this point he's not the biggest issue on the back end.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I think I've been a little too hard on Gusvist, actually.

He's still the drizzling shits defensively, but it's really not his fault. You have to point the finger at coaching and management.

Last game he led the team in ice time and had a hole six fucking minutes on the power play. That's insane. Take away those six minutes and he's one of the lowest.

I truly believe Gusvist is a case of Stan trying to look like he drafted the right player instead of saying he might have been wrong in talent evaluation. Gusvist is gonna be a top four guy no doubt, but he's not Quinn Hughes, who I think Stan wanted the entire draft and didn't think the Nucks would take him.

Sorry, but QHughes will always be the comparable. They tried letting him be a facilitator like Hughes and it didn't work out, so they have him sheltered and regulated to the power play. It's really not his fault he isn't elite like Hughes, Hughes shouldn't have lasted as long as he did in that draft.

If Gusvist can keep developing, and recently there's been alot of smart ice decisions on his end, I can see him topping out as a Letang type. That's a valuable piece, just not the EK comparisons they were bleating on draft day.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

He's still the drizzling shits defensively, but it's really not his fault. You have to point the finger at coaching and management.

Last game he led the team in ice time and had a hole six fucking minutes on the power play. That's insane. Take away those six minutes and he's one of the lowest.

I truly believe Gusvist is a case of Stan trying to look like he drafted the right player instead of saying he might have been wrong in talent evaluation. Gusvist is gonna be a top four guy no doubt, but he's not Quinn Hughes, who I think Stan wanted the entire draft and didn't think the Nucks would take him.

Sorry, but QHughes will always be the comparable. They tried letting him be a facilitator like Hughes and it didn't work out, so they have him sheltered and regulated to the power play. It's really not his fault he isn't elite like Hughes, Hughes shouldn't have lasted as long as he did in that draft.

If Gusvist can keep developing, and recently there's been alot of smart ice decisions on his end, I can see him topping out as a Letang type. That's a valuable piece, just not the EK comparisons they were bleating on draft day.

Someone is having another meltdown already lolololololol

I was right, you were wrong... better you learn to get used to it and accept it.

Bust

Liked Posts:

This sounds like an apology letter to Grimson,. Ooops

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Who is Gusvist?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Boqvist is fine and I’d say on a trajectory to be one of the better offensive dmen in the league. He’s still one of the youngest dmen in the league even though he has played a lot of games already. You just want to see steady improvement for a 20 year old dman in the NHL. Everyone forgets that Keith was a train wreck until he was about 24-25. Dmen are notorious for being late bloomers.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Boqvist is fine and I’d say on a trajectory to be one of the better offensive dmen in the league. He’s still one of the youngest dmen in the league even though he has played a lot of games already. You just want to see steady improvement for a 20 year old dman in the NHL. Everyone forgets that Keith was a train wreck until he was about 24-25. Dmen are notorious for being late bloomers.

Don't let Fartini see this... Don't want his entire weekend ruined by another smart hockey fan that appreciates good prospects and doesn't root for them to fail.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Playing devil's advocate, there is offensive defensemen, and there are 13th FWD defenseman who are responsible for as many goals against as they help score.

Up until a few games ago, Boqvist was looking like the latter. Since, he's looked like the former which is great. No matter how good a D-man is offensively, they can't be a liability in the backend. Thus, as long as Boqvist keeps it up he'll be fine.

Also, I think years of NHL experience is a better metric than simply age. Keith didn't become good until he was 24-25 (true enough), but he broke into the league at 22 I believe. That means approx 3 years it took for him to get his shit together. Boqvist is around 1.5. So yeah, he's got some time and it looks like he's starting to put it together. I just hope he keeps it up and doesn't regress.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
I dont know why people think Keith was train wreck for a while. It was one year his first season. his second year he played above average.
3rd year age 24 he was 11th in norris voting Thats real real good. Sorry it only took him a year to get his shit together.
so he was not a train wreck til 24-25 he was 11th in norris voting and 6th in norris voting at24-25.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't wait to watch future All Star Boqvist in primetime tonight... just knowing that dumb boomer mouthbreathers here will be furious when he does well makes me so happy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boq took a backhand shot to the face at close range and is experiencing concussion symptoms....hope he is well soon.
you mean that back hand flip pass to the chin? I hope he actually got hit another time than I saw if he's missing time.