Boring Sober January

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Day 5 of no drinking and it’s boring AF. My record is Jan 10, last year I only made it to Jan 2.

Anyone else trying this foolishnes?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I got this motto.

Bear Mountain,

Dont go a changin!!!

Im lying stole that from Out Cold.

But, man, I buy into nothing. New Year, New me. Na, New Year, same guy that has to work on himself but nothing wild.

I also believe just cause its brekkie dont mean I cant eat a ham sandwich. Im just waiting for Aliens anyway.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No, I got this motto.

Bear Mountain,

Dont go a changin!!!

But, man, I buy into nothing. New Year, New me. Na, New Year, same guy that has to work on himself but nothing wild.

I also believe just cause its brekkie dont mean I cant eat a ham sandwich. Im just waiting for Aliens anyway.
With this post my new NY resolution is more ham sandwiches

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes I am participating in dry January. I’ve kind of been looking forward to it since Thanksgiving but I’m already bored with it.

I don’t have a link to it right now but you need to check out the Martha Stewart ad for Tito’s discussing dry January.

She shows other uses for vodka when you’re not drinking including using large quantities of it in cooking.

She pours it on houseplants and says “it smells like February“ it’s pretty funny.

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I got this motto.

Bear Mountain,

Dont go a changin!!!

I quote this from time to time randomly. So I love the reference. But...... it's BULL mountain. -Papa Muntz

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I quote this from time to time randomly. So I love the reference. But...... it's BULL mountain. -Papa Muntz
I was tipsy and went back and forth on the name. Didnt feel like google machine

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Day 5 of no drinking and it’s boring AF. My record is Jan 10, last year I only made it to Jan 2.

then dose or smoke instead.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yes! So far so good. No drinks, and no ganja. Feeling good so far. Also have my first new years resolution. 20,000 pushups. 55/day. Starting slow but will work my way up! You can do it!

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Yes! So far so good. No drinks, and no ganja. Feeling good so far. Also have my first new years resolution. 20,000 pushups. 55/day. Starting slow but will work my way up! You can do it!
LOL, I'm doing the pushup thinger as well. On my 40th bday I cranked out 2,000 pushups and wound up straining my shoulder.

I'm ramping back up now, every other day is 10 sets of 50 pushups. Not as impressive as it sounds because I take like a 3-5 minute break between each set as my bitch break.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL, I'm doing the pushup thinger as well. On my 40th bday I cranked out 2,000 pushups and wound up straining my shoulder.

I'm ramping back up now, every other day is 10 sets of 50 pushups. Not as impressive as it sounds because I take like a 3-5 minute break between each set as my bitch break.
Hold up. 500/day? And once you did 2,000 in one day?

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Time gets all of us. Consider how you want to feel in your 60s.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No way. Proper form? Chest touching the floor? If yes to both of those cheers to you, Pops. Incredible.
Yeah really focuses on form. He spread it out throughout the day though, 50 reps at a time. I didn't do anything really but show him how to do them properly. He just always has been really into competing against himself.

I did tell him not to do that many in a day on a regular basis though being that young lol

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah really focuses on form. He spread it out throughout the day though, 50 reps at a time. I didn't do anything really but show him how to do them properly. He just always has been really into competing against himself.

I did tell him not to do that many in a day on a regular basis though being that young lol
Bravo. My boys are into sports and fitness. Signed them up for a two days a week speed training where they do medicine ball work, speed ladder, jumps etc a couple of months ago. They love it. My one rule is no weights until you're 15. For now its ab work, pushups and pull ups.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bravo. My boys are into sports and fitness. Signed them up for a two days a week speed training where they do medicine ball work, speed ladder, jumps etc a couple of months ago. They love it. My one rule is no weights until you're 15. For its ab work, pushups and pull ups.
I agree with all that. Love the speed training too, got that at the Ymca out here

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with all that. Love the speed training too, got that at the Ymca out here
My oldest, who's 10 is the most competitive has flat feet like me and really struggles with top end speed. His form isn't great. Hes just a gamer and loves it. I'm hoping I can find him some proper arch supports. I went from the slowest kid on the football team in 8th grade to 2nd fastest freshman year of High School when Mom got me custom arches. Changed my life.