Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way I see it Borom is the best bet to have stability at LT this season.

So calling @Adipost for a breakdown if you have time.
NFL Gamepass has recently done a massive update to its site for the upcoming season but has yet to upload All-22 game footage back into its interface. I found this out when I tried to do a breakdown of the Hicks/Goldman tandem from the 2019 season. They say it should be back in time for the regular season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I usually hate Sportsmockery but I can get behind that article
I think Borom would have got the job with a full preseason. I always felt he had the potential for LT and made letting Leno go more viable but we didn't know if that could be to start this year with all that weight loss etc. Looks about the right weight now but conditioning had to suffer with the concussion and he's not as strong as Jenkins (was).

He looked good last week, including moving people on runs. There's debate on his hands as he doesn't grab as strongly as some like (didn't see that issue last week) but they're fast and he's good and slapping off defenders grabs. He has vg feet to mirror and drop (actually better than Jenkins) and knows how to bend without breaking. He'll slow walk a guy where Leno would have lunged and fallen or knocked on his ass.

Article is still shit. The guy they should be comparing to those other early selected LTs is Jenkins. Pace and in effect Castillo have already said they had a 2/3 grade on Borom. I personally don't see much difference between him and what came after Jenkins outside of Little who hasn't played since 2019 due to a serious knee injury and then opting out of a shortened year of covid to rehab for the draft. Didn't play after the ding 2 years ago.

Imagine if Pace drafted Little who has looked good in camp.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think Borom would have got the job with a full preseason. I always felt he had the potential for LT and made letting Leno go more viable but we didn't know if that could be to start this year with all that weight loss etc. Looks about the right weight now but conditioning had to suffer with the concussion and he's not as strong as Jenkins (was).

He looked good last week, including moving people on runs. There's debate on his hands as he doesn't grab as strongly as some like (didn't see that issue last week) but they're fast and he's good and slapping off defenders grabs. He has vg feet to mirror and drop (actually better than Jenkins) and knows how to bend without breaking. He'll slow walk a guy where Leno would have lunged and fallen or knocked on his ass.

Article is still shit. The guy they should be comparing to those other early selected LTs is Jenkins. Pace and in effect Castillo have already said they had a 2/3 grade on Borom. I personally don't see much difference between him and what came after Jenkins outside of Little who hasn't played since 2019 due to a serious knee injury and then opting out of a shortened year of covid to rehab for the draft. Didn't play after the ding 2 years ago.

I put DaBearsBlog/Jonathan Wood/Sports Mockery into all the same shit basket.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

I would agree with this, and I would also say that Peters is just a band-aid until Borom proves he is ready.