Borom today

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I thought he played ok...I'd like to see what he does against stronger talent

This. Borom should be the 1st string LT next week against the Titans. Elijah Wilkinson is a RT, and he was pretty terrible there with the Broncos.

Let's see what we have in Borom.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It was also his style in college but gave up no sacks. There's a reason a T's 1st pass protect step is backwards. Nothing wrong with guarding an area. Didn't watch yet but for the amount of work he's had, sounds like a vg outing.
I thought i heard he not only gave up no sacks but didn't even give up a QB pressure.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought i heard he not only gave up no sacks but didn't even give up a QB pressure.
I would disagree on the no pressure. Didn't force Fields to move much but he did get hit after at least one throw with Borom pulling on the front of the defenders jersey. Holds like an experienced tackle.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I would disagree on the no pressure. Didn't force Fields to move much but he did get hit after at least one throw with Borom pulling on the front of the defenders jersey. Holds like an experienced tackle.
I think he was talking about in college

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I assume Borom was going up against Basham a bit which is nice since Basham was a 2nd round pick and I'm sure buffalo expects him to play some this year

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Talking about in college.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he was talking about in college
No sacks or pressures in one college game at LT back in 2018. Gave up 1 sack 2 hurries and one addition hit in a shortened 2020. Still mighty good.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This. Borom should be the 1st string LT next week against the Titans. Elijah Wilkinson is a RT, and he was pretty terrible there with the Broncos.

Let's see what we have in Borom.
If Ifedi doesn’t make it back soon, I wonder if we would start Borom at LT and Peters at RT, or Peters at LT and Wilkinson maybe at RT?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If Ifedi doesn’t make it back soon, I wonder if we would start Borom at LT and Peters at RT, or Peters at LT and Wilkinson maybe at RT?
If Ifedi does not start game one Borom would be in the mix to start at RT. If Ifedi is ready game #1 Borom would probably start the season as the swing tackle.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I Can’t imagine they play him at RT when all his practice has been at LT so far. This isn’t college. I’d leave him where he is, as Peters can play pretty much anywhere on the line.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I Can’t imagine they play him at RT when all his practice has been at LT so far. This isn’t college. I’d leave him where he is, as Peters can play pretty much anywhere on the line.
I think you have it backwards. Peters is 39 and never taken a snap at RT, going into his 18th year I can't expect him to start anywhere else other than LT.

Bears are playing Borom at LT just to see if he can do it. His more natural position is RT where he played in college.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
But what about letting leno go?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peters looks like he hasn't been passing up the buffet line for about two years now.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Either way, Wilkinson has no business taking another snap at LT this preseaon and the regular season. Move him back to RT or RG. He was brutally bad yesterday especially.