Bosh basically says he won't sign extension soon

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Chris Bosh, the Toronto Raptors all-star, suggested strongly Thursday that he will forgo signing a contract extension this summer, setting himself up to be among a historically stacked NBA free agent class next year.

"(When) I signed a three-year (extension in 2006)... I had a goal in mind, and that was to put myself in the best position (in 2010) ... I'm thinking I just want to stick to my goal, stick to what I was doing," said Bosh.

"That's a part of the plan ... I just want to address things (after) next season. There's a reason why I did things the way I did them back then."

Bryan Colangelo, the Raptors president and general manager, has spoken optimistically about the odds of inking his best player to an extension this summer, when Bosh could sign a three-year addition to his current deal as early as next month. Still, Colangelo was hardly taken aback by word that Bosh was leaning strongly toward opting out of his current deal in 2010, when the 6-foot-10 forward would be among a crop of free agents that includes LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

"I have been pretty clear that that's what I anticipate his position to be," said Colangelo.

Bosh, slated to earn about $15.7 million (U.S.) next season, said leaving his contract status hanging will be a "win-win situation" for both him and his struggling team, which won just 33 games this past season.

"It puts pressure on both sides. It puts pressure on me to perform, and it puts pressure on the organization to perform as well," said Bosh, who was speaking after he performed his paid duties as the celebrity drawmaster for Saturday's Woodbine Oaks horse race.
http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/645658

cool007

Liked Posts:
Re:Bosh basically says he won't sign extension soo

Great. Thanks.

Yes, it seems like Bosh is set in his mind to wait it out.

What does it mean for Raptors and Colangelo???

Will they panic and trade him in the summer so they atlesat get something in return rather than lose him for nothing???

Daniel7123

Liked Posts:

Espn reports that "Bosh is set to join the free agent lottery in 2010, when Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are also free. According to the report in the Daily News, Toronto is interested in packaging Bosh in a deal to acquire Carlos Boozer. The Bulls are also interested in Bosh, with Luol Deng being offered."

So what does it take to get bosh?
Is Deng+tyrus+16+2011 first enough/too much/just right
would they rather take noah instead of tyrus?
what about
Deng+Miller(big expiring)+pick for bosh+ Kapono enough/too much/just right

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

Daniel7123 wrote:
Espn reports that "Bosh is set to join the free agent lottery in 2010, when Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are also free. According to the report in the Daily News, Toronto is interested in packaging Bosh in a deal to acquire Carlos Boozer. The Bulls are also interested in Bosh, with Luol Deng being offered."

what about

I like the second one.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

Daniel7123 wrote:

what about
Of course they would, but we aren't trading him unless its absolutely necessary.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

Who knows what it takes to get Bosh. Toronto may decide they're better off keeping him a year and trying to build rather than trading him if their best offers are really underwhelming.

They aren't in bad salary position (actually under the cap), so they don't need to dump salary. Toronto has a hard time bringing in talent as free agents, so they may look to actually take back someone locked up to a long term deal, but they won't someone locked up to a bad one like Deng most likely.

Who knows what their brain trust is thinking.

RPK

Liked Posts:

dougthonus wrote:
Who knows what it takes to get Bosh. Toronto may decide they're better off keeping him a year and trying to build rather than trading him if their best offers are really underwhelming.

Who knows what their brain trust is thinking.

Why would they risk losing him for nothing?

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

Daniel7123 wrote:
what about

i don't see any way they want a big expiring deal for bosh, that's basically what he is to them right now and i think we'd have to give them a prospect like tyrus, or find a way to trade kirk for minnesota's #6 to throw into this deal to make it be worthwhile for the raptors.

i disagree with people that say kirk isn't worth the sixth pick. with kirk you're getting a surefire starting point guard for at least another half a decade. with the #6, you're hoping basically to get a kirk hinrich-esque player in a good draft if you're minnesota. right now they're slated to pick tyreke evans according to draft express. he's a very similar player in terms of position to randy foye: a SG who's too small so is forced to play PG. with kirk you're getting a starting point guard in this league, which is what you were hoping for in tyreke evans. this only looks bad if tyreke evans becomes a stud, which isn't a very good chance.