Bowman has his eyes set on Dubois

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They sent your PF Barrett back to the Hogs. LOL...he could have gone to school for a Frozen Four shot so I have to think they are just seasoning and systeming him up for a few weeks. Expect Barrett back soon and to explore a PF with Kane roll vs Janmark after Cat/Strome round 3 fails like the first 2 times.
Barrett couldn't carry D-Cat's equipment bag for God's sake! D-Cat and Strome were MONEY before an impetuous,imature coach fucked that up. Janmark has 12 goals the last TWO year so there's also that.

gopher72

Liked Posts:
I agree. I like Dach a lot but he needs to add a few pounds to that long frame as he gets tends to get pushed around. Dubois already has the size, strength, is a two way player plus he's only 22 which would fit the rebuild. Given Dach's wrist injury, I'm not sure just Dach alone will get it done. Dubois scouting report immediately made me think of him as a Toews type of player, so your Toews replacement theory definitely has some legs.
Dach is 19 yo and will grow into his frame

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Cat-Strome-Kane can score, yes, but its much like an Ovechkin stat line, you aren't really sure if it helped you.

OK...and I'm being KIND because that WAS WITH CROW or Lehner standing on their heads.

First to Worst goaltending will change that formula, you can book that.

I guess they will get Keith/Murphy this time and we'll see if that does it. Its not the matchup we like because it allows a Kampf-Carp type pairing to just throttle us and turn other teams into top 6 2-way juggaurnauts.

They don't respect our depth when we play a top scoring line that small, imo. The just match us up defensively and load up on the rest.
Keith/Murphy is a legit NHL second pairing. Sure Keith's gonna get walked a few times but he still has those moments where he can take over. They're getting smaller and smaller but there will be at least three this year.

Cats size isn't an issue with me at all. He plays big and for a guy that small he sure as shit plays bigger. I'm going to see just how he rebounds from last year when the Strome/Cat tandem as pretty good in the playoffs. Which makes me scratch my head why Kane's playing with them when he can carry his own like and possibly turn Kubi into a 40 goal guy. I'm not the coach, tho.

And every single time I think what if I remember the goalie situation and say "why fucking bother"?

Can Boqvist take the next step? Can Mitchell come in and be DK? Even with that your looking at a 500 team at best.

An AHL team with elite fringe sure as fuck isn't doing anything in the NHL.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
D-Cat was on a glidepath to 50 before JC put him on a checking line with Carpenter and might reach that mark if he plays with Kane all year. Kubs won't have JT puttin' em on a platter this year so we'll see how that works.
I'm fully expecting El Gato to bounceback. He might have had an abnormally high SH% in 2019 (18.6% ), but his 2020 SH% was abnormally low (8.7%). I think it rectifies. Splitting the difference should put him in mid 13's.

Unless Koob's SH% tanks like El Gato's did last year he should be respectable. His SH% was abnormally high (19.1%).

I think if his SH% is in the ballpark of El Gato's average between 2019 and 2020, both Koob and El Gato should be good for 20G this year depending on the shots taken. But at this point Koob's salary is something like 4.5% of the total cap. We were paying a high percentage for Bolland.

Ergo: even if Koob has a sophomore slump he's being paid like a 2-3 tweener but he managed to pot 30 last season. Why move him preemptively for someone paid to be a 2nd line guy who may be good at the dot, but doesn't finish as well when the team is bereft of finishers?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dach was going to be a platter guy with Thornton traits. Fucking sad.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm fully expecting El Gato to bounceback. He might have had an abnormally high SH% in 2019 (18.6% ), but his 2020 SH% was abnormally low (8.7%). I think it rectifies. Splitting the difference should put him in mid 13's.

Unless Koob's SH% tanks like El Gato's did last year he should be respectable. His SH% was abnormally high (19.1%).

I think if his SH% is in the ballpark of El Gato's average between 2019 and 2020, both Koob and El Gato should be good for 20G this year depending on the shots taken. But at this point Koob's salary is something like 4.5% of the total cap. We were paying a high percentage for Bolland.

Ergo: even if Koob has a sophomore slump he's being paid like a 2-3 tweener but he managed to pot 30 last season. Why move him preemptively for someone paid to be a 2nd line guy who may be good at the dot, but doesn't finish as well when the team is bereft of finishers?
I have to imagine skating on a checking line with AHL talent could affect a guy's shot % too and I'm not trading Kubalik. I guess he's a value but he could easily be another Euro-flash in the pan like Panik. Kubalik had six goals before he joined JT's lines last De c 1st and he's gonna miss those sweet dishes.
Bolland was a two time cup winner.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I predict cat and kub will both be fine. they can both score, are pure scorers. my question is will Suter be able to do other things and boost this team with some dirty goals.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have to imagine skating on a checking line with AHL talent could affect a guy's shot % too and I'm not trading Kubalik. I guess he's a value but he could easily be another Euro-flash in the pan like Panik. Kubalik had six goals before he joined JT's lines last De c 1st and he's gonna miss those sweet dishes.
Bolland was a two time cup winner.
When bolland signed his Koob comparable, he (and most everyone else) was a 0 cup winner.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dubois for Laine + ?