R K

Possibly I suppose.  Seems different now though.    </p>

</p>

The Penguins and Oilers always killed the Hawks Championship momentum.</p>

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tater" data-cid="209165" data-time="1379149472">
<div>

Do they not push for a salary cap though?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yes they pushed for a salary cap so what does the salary cap has to do with paying the best players big bucks. </p>

</p>

The salary cap is predicated on HRR and the 50/50 share so having a salary cap does not stop Crosby, Toews, Kane etc. from making big bucks.  The salary cap, caps teams off at a certain limit for payroll so why do people complain when a player gets paid top bucks when the team still can't go over the cap.  That complaints about big salaries makes no sense.</p>

</p>

The salary cap forces parity and it forces teams to decide what players are their core because teams will not be able keep many players for long term.</p>

</p>

So remember this; the lockout was because the owners wanted more than 43% of HRR, it wasn't to stop Toews or Kane from making 8, 9, or 10m....they just will have to make that 8, 9, or 10m from their 50% share and if HRR go down, Toews or Kane may have to make that 8, 9, or 10m in another city with a team that has cap space....it's simple!</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The cap reduces the overall pot is all I was trying to say.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ida B. Wells' Nephew" data-cid="209183" data-time="1379176729">
<div>

Yes they pushed for a salary cap so what does the salary cap has to do with paying the best players big bucks. </p>

</p>

The salary cap is predicated on HRR and the 50/50 share so having a salary cap does not stop Crosby, Toews, Kane etc. from making big bucks.  The salary cap, caps teams off at a certain limit for payroll so why do people complain when a player gets paid top bucks when the team still can't go over the cap.  That complaints about big salaries makes no sense.</p>

</p>

The salary cap forces parity and it forces teams to decide what players are their core because teams will not be able keep many players for long term.</p>

</p>

So remember this; the lockout was because the owners wanted more than 43% of HRR, it wasn't to stop Toews or Kane from making 8, 9, or 10m....they just will have to make that 8, 9, or 10m from their 50% share and if HRR go down, Toews or Kane may have to make that 8, 9, or 10m in another city with a team that has cap space....it's simple!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

If the Cap goes to the suggested 70m next year and 74m the following, Kane and Toews will have no problem getting 8m per year here.  Another 1.5 added to what they are already receiving.</p>

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="209185" data-time="1379183368">
<div>

If the Cap goes to the suggested 70m next year and 74m the following, Kane and Toews will have no problem getting 8m per year here.  Another 1.5 added to what they are already receiving.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yes, I agree with you on that.</p>

R K

I also do believe Kane and Toews would take a discount to stay.  Just as Hjarlmarsson and Bickell did.  Some say Bickell didn't but there were some serious suggestions the Wings and several teams were ready to offer him 5 mil per year.  After seeing what the Blues just coughed up to Petrangelo no doubt Hjarlmarssons 4.1 is a massive pay cut.</p>

</p>

They want to win more Cups as in plural.  </p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
When Hammer starts putting up 40-50 points a season (pretty much right out of the gate no less), then we can compare their contracts.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="209199" data-time="1379214917">
<div>

I also do believe Kane and Toews would take a discount to stay.  Just as Hjarlmarsson and Bickell did.  Some say Bickell didn't but there were some serious suggestions the Wings and several teams were ready to offer him 5 mil per year.  After seeing what the Blues just coughed up to Petrangelo no doubt Hjarlmarssons 4.1 is a massive pay cut.</p>

</p>

They want to win more Cups as in plural.  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Hjalmarsson: "I might have been able to get more ..., but I make a lot of money"</p>

</p>

The Hawks should have a chance to play for the Cup for at least the next 4 or 5 seasons.  I'd gladly forfeit a little to win multiple cups. </p>

</p>

None of the Core players should have financial concerns for the rest of their lives, absent some really wild spending or really bad investments/financial decisions.</p>

R K

Rocky concurs on anything that continues selling out the building.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="209465" data-time="1379701714">
<div>

Kuc says that Rocky concurs.</p>

</p>

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-09-19/sports/ct-spt-0920-toews-kane-blackhawks-chicago-20130920_1_toews-and-kane-jonathan-toews-patrick-kane</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hmmm, it seems that the article got cut, I found the missing paragraph:</p>

</p>

"Because we can continue to tear our season ticket holders new ones each year with ticket price increases, we should have no problem keeping these players. We have decided to move to the Cubs Season Ticket holder model, as we find we can gather much more revenue from those holders that merely want a status symbol, which is really the most important part to the majority of ticket holders and they are willing to be ripped repeatedly for that privilege. Really, the key to the financial success of this organ-i-zation is that we have ditched all the communist programs to keep college kids and the casual fan from enjoying the United Center experience. Lets Go You Hawks!"</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
How dare you besmirch the fine name of St. Rockwell of Madison Street?</p>

</p>

(OK, I threw up in my mouth a little when I typed that)</p>

</p>

Seriously, I think the Hawks' model follows the Cubs model more in line with how they can skirt revenue sharing by moving tickets at face to an entity who can then run a large (non-HRR) profit by selling them on the secondary market.</p>

</p>

Of course, that entity (or entities) are somewhere under the Wirtz umbrella.</p>

</p>

Sure, this one puts the games on TV and reinvests in the team, but he's still a Wirtz.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Count Dante" data-cid="209481" data-time="1379710768">
<div>

Hmmm, it seems that the article got cut, I found the missing paragraph:</p>

</p>

"Because we can continue to tear our season ticket holders new ones each year with ticket price increases, we should have no problem keeping these players. We have decided to move to the Cubs Season Ticket holder model, as we find we can gather much more revenue from those holders that merely want a status symbol, which is really the most important part to the majority of ticket holders and they are willing to be ripped repeatedly for that privilege. Really, the key to the financial success of this organ-i-zation is that we have ditched all the communist programs to keep college kids and the casual fan from enjoying the United Center experience. Lets Go You Hawks!"</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

QFT !!</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="209182" data-time="1379175074">
<div>

Possibly I suppose.  Seems different now though.    </p>

</p>

The Penguins and Oilers always killed the Hawks Championship momentum.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Did you have to bring those 2 up? I still see Warren Scoreagainstme in my sleep.</p>

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="209642" data-time="1380008197">
<div>

Did you have to bring those 2 up? I still see Warren Scoreagainstme in my sleep.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

hello maidennnnn</p>

</p>

tumblr_m0l3qmews61qig1kfo1_400.jpg
</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
The new CBC/Rogers TV deal means the Cap will skyrocket over the next few years.</p>

</p>

Kane and Toews are probably spending the entire day in a shirtless hug.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="209204" data-time="1379222946">
<div>

When Hammer starts putting up 40-50 points a season (pretty much right out of the gate no less), then we can compare their contracts.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

That would matter if Hammer is paid to score.  He's not. He's paid to keep the puck *out* of our own net, block shots, kill penalties, and for the bulk of this year, carry the D, all of which he's done admirably so far.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="215357" data-time="1385490453">
<div>

That would matter if Hammer is paid to score.  He's not. He's paid to keep the puck *out* of our own net, block shots, kill penalties, and for the bulk of this year, carry the D, all of which he's done admirably so far.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That's not how I meant it. He was calling Hammer's contract a bargain compared to  Pietrangelo's and that it was a massive pay cut. But a guy like Pietrangelo is probably going to win a Norris Trophy or two  in his career, so of course his cap hit is going to be more. I love Hammer and what he brings to the team and it looks like he's going to have a career year this season, but...... he's not Pietrangelo. That guy is just as good defensively as he is offensively.  To say Hammer should be getting somewhere near what Pietrangelo gets is crazy, unless his offensive game takes leaps forward.</p>